Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 5:12 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by srodr
I did this application online thru the expired $1500 link, so maybe it somehow defaulted to the $4k offer instead? I don't mind spending another $2500 on the card, but I'd like to know if that will definitely trigger the bonus miles.

Is there any way to see what spend requirement I received without calling?
Originally Posted by Happy
If you are reluctant to call, try the secured email route. There are reports that people got verification of the offers thru that route also.

Maybe I'll try this. But I'm still concerned about bringing any attention to my accounts. If they see when checking for me that I opened 2 accounts on the same day, it won't be a good thing.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:19 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by prometheusg
I screwed up when I clicked the application link. I meant to go for the $1500/75k business offer, but I think I clicked the $4000/75k business link instead. I didn't realize this until after I had submitted the application. I got to step three and they said they may need more info, blah blah blah.

My question is, can get them to change it to the $1500 offer? Is there any way to go about this?
Cancel the application and reapply. Will result in another pull though.

Maybe I'll try this. But I'm still concerned about bringing any attention to my accounts. If they see when checking for me that I opened 2 accounts on the same day, it won't be a good thing.
I've got 2 accounts and have made multiple call ins. It is seriously nothing to worry about.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:28 am

jcmitchell21: Despite your second post being very clear, it seems many people are just not getting it. Perhaps you can add the following to the very top of your post:

The best way to utilize this offer is to first apply for two personal cards simultaneously, and then apply for a business card 90 days later. If you only apply for one personal card, or a personal and a business, you will NO LONGER be able to get the other personal card!

Maybe that will stop all the screwups.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:33 am

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by rajj
jcmitchell21: Despite your second post being very clear, it seems many people are just not getting it. Perhaps you can add the following to the very top of your post:

The best way to utilize this offer is to first apply for two personal cards simultaneously, and then apply for a business card 90 days later. If you only apply for one personal card, or a personal and a business, you will NO LONGER be able to get the other personal card!

Amen
Old Mar 24, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: AA PLATINUM. AC
cards

Because one is a Visa and one is an Amex.
I applied for two visas, and got both. I made an error on one and selected the 100K card which spans over two years to get the full 100K. The other is the 75K card (I already have the Amex).

I'm going to cancel the 100K card and just keep the 75K card. Quick question, I shouldn't be charged the annual fee right? I never saw anything saying it was waived going through the screens. I didn't see anything about the miles either, but I read earlier that there is no confirmation during the application process.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by S3eker
I applied for two visas, and got both. I made an error on one and selected the 100K card which spans over two years to get the full 100K. The other is the 75K card (I already have the Amex).

I'm going to cancel the 100K card and just keep the 75K card. Quick question, I shouldn't be charged the annual fee right? I never saw anything saying it was waived going through the screens. I didn't see anything about the miles either, but I read earlier that there is no confirmation during the application process.
Why on earth would you cancel one? Do the spend on both and you'll get the bonus on both. Cancelling gains you absolutely nothing. Once you get the card, confirm the bonus separately on each via the secure email through their site.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire

Just confirm your offer when you call to activate. And why not keep both? You may get both bonuses!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 9:42 am

Before you cancel the 100K card, Isn't just spend $2000 over 4 months you will still get first 50k miles? (or spending $750 for first 4 months?)
If yes, I will just spend $2000 over 4 months (that is easy 2000 dollars spending) and get the 50k miles, then cancel it, if you want to.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 9:50 am

thanks for the info

Originally Posted by coco11
Before you cancel the 100K card, Isn't just spend $2000 over 4 months you will still get first 50k miles? (or spending $750 for first 4 months?)
If yes, I will just spend $2000 over 4 months (that is easy 2000 dollars spending) and get the 50k miles, then cancel it, if you want to.
I think I was mostly concerned about having too much credit against my report. I normally use credit cards as charge cards and pay off the balances at the end of the month, but doesn't your score take a hit if based on your credit limits? I have no cc debt but the credit scoring has always been a mystery to me.

Thanks
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:02 am

I think I was mostly concerned about having too much credit against my report. I normally use credit cards as charge cards and pay off the balances at the end of the month, but doesn't your score take a hit if based on your credit limits? I have no cc debt but the credit scoring has always been a mystery to me.

Thanks
Since you already applied it, and if you cancel now or a month later, would that be the same result to your credit score?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by coco11
Since you already applied it, and if you cancel now or a month later, would that be the same result to your credit score?
I have no idea to be honest. But I was considering the long term affects of having too many cards. But I think I'm getting off topic here talking about credit scores. I believe I may just keep the card then cancel once I reach the $2000 in 4 months - Then keep the 75K card for the points moving forward.

Thank You everyone for your help ^
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Club Gold, HHonors Gold
I have had the Master Card for many years, the AMEX for about 2-3 years. Never churned Citi cards. Thinking of trying for the Visa promotion, but since I currently hold two cards I wonder if I will succeed.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: No preference

I will ablige
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I did this application online thru the expired $1500 link, so maybe it somehow defaulted to the $4k offer instead? I don't mind spending another $2500 on the card, but I'd like to know if that will definitely trigger the bonus miles.

Is there any way to see what spend requirement I received without calling?
I did call today and found out that I received the $4k/75k promo. So be aware that going thru the $1500 expired link, as I did, might default to whatever the current offer is at the time.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 12:31 pm

Hi all,

I am a big newbie to all of this and had a question that is probably very straightforward (but I somehow couldn't find the answer to by backtracking in this thread)

I currently have the Citi Visa Signature card (and have had it since last May). I've probably spent well over $10,000 using it but I want to cancel before I have to pay the $85 annual fee.

My question is--if I already hold this card, can I still get the miles bonuses if I apply for the AMEX or the Business cards? On the promotion it says this offer is only for "first time Citi/AAdvantage members"

Thanks! I love this forum!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.