Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by jlanfir
how long does it take after spending the requested money??
Usually after your first statement (as in the day after)...been reported many times here.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, 1.7MM, SW 15 Year Companion Pass holder, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
American Airlines Card 75,000 sign up bonus

I received my card for the 75k Visa card within five days of calling them. I waited a week and applied for the 75k Amex card and was denied. I saw above the discussion of the Rule 2. My exclusion rule said "This specific offer is valid only for first time Citi/Aadvantage cardmembers. Our records indicate that you already have a Citi /AAdvantage account with us."

I will try the accounts for my wife and both on the same day as we would like to take a trip to Hawaii and it takes 75,000 business class from TUL to Honolulu or Maui.

I appreciate knowing about the promotion as I had received it in October 2010 and thought the time had run out.

Thanks to FlyerTalk and the wonderful volunteers as I am just about qualified for the 75,000 miles for $1,200.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 4:46 am

On 3/19 I applied for both personal Visa ($1500 spend) & Amex ($4000) about 6 hours apart, using the links. I was instantly approved for both, but confirmation emails didn't arrive until last night. I just confirmed both promotions with a CSR.

But now that I re-read post #2 in this thread, it looks like I could have called and applied for the Amex $1500 instead of using the link for the $4000 version. Am I correct in my reading? If so, perhaps the big ominous "NOT FUNCTIONING" warning could say "LINK NOT FUNCTIONING, CALL INSTEAD", for the slow folk like myself? I did see the note right below about calling, but figured it only applied to the Visa and Visa Business cards and that the Amex $1500 offer was completely dead.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
Was turned down for both Business cards... one in my SS and the other using the company EIN. Reason given was "You have submitted multiple applications for credit". I guess applying for both at the same time along with applying for a personal AA citi visa, was not a good idea. Still have not heard back regarding the AA citi visa yet. Presently have the personal citi Amex. Can someone tell me what the gameplan should be, from here on out, if I want to get as many AA cards as possible (for the 75K miles) ?
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by diclemeg
Was turned down for both Business cards... one in my SS and the other using the company EIN. Reason given was "You have submitted multiple applications for credit".
Is this even possible? Can you get two business cards, one with EIN & one with SS? ...if anyone has successfully done this, please let me know!

Can someone tell me what the gameplan should be, from here on out, if I want to get as many AA cards as possible (for the 75K miles) ?
Wait 90 days before applying for the Business card.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Was turned down for both Business cards... one in my SS and the other using the company EIN. Reason given was "You have submitted multiple applications for credit". I guess applying for both at the same time along with applying for a personal AA citi visa, was not a good idea. Still have not heard back regarding the AA citi visa yet. Presently have the personal citi Amex. Can someone tell me what the gameplan should be, from here on out, if I want to get as many AA cards as possible (for the 75K miles) ?
Hold off on applying for any citi cards for 90 days then go for 1 business card.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM
Originally Posted by scwam
Can you tell us when your last personal bonus was awarded to you?
Last personal bonus was Citi AMEX in October of 2009
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:01 am

I'm not sure why you post repeated questions and then ignore all the answers. You will be declined for the Visa, as everyone here said. I have no idea why you applied for it. I'm also unsure why you applied for three cards simultaneously a few weeks after applying for the first card, when at least three different people, in responses to you (or in my post you saw) clearly stated about waiting 60-90 days. Lastly, I'm not sure why you ask what to do after doing things, rather than before. Sigh.

As stated, at this point wait 90 days and apply for a business card.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
AA Citi 75K help, why citi wants my tax return?

Hi All,
I applied for the citi AA last week, got decision in pending and received a letter yesterday. Citi wants me to fill out the 4506-T, which gives them access to my tax return in 2009. The issue is my income this year increases a lot compare to 2009. Should I allow citi to see my tax return? Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: DL FO
If you tell them no they aren't giving you the CC. I guess only you can make that choice. I would explain your situation and send them the info they want(if you really want the card) and also attach current pay stubs and point out to them that that your income has increased since 2009.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by mediator
Hi All,
I applied for the citi AA last week, got decision in pending and received a letter yesterday. Citi wants me to fill out the 4506-T, which gives them access to my tax return in 2009. The issue is my income this year increases a lot compare to 2009. Should I allow citi to see my tax return? Thanks in advance!
Is the "this year" you are referring to 2010 or 2011? If it is 2010, you can also supply your 2010 W-2 and tax return. If it is 2011, supply your pay stubs as stated above. You should also call them up and explain the situation.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:07 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Early last month I applied for and was approved for both the Visa and Amex on the same day. I used the link for the Visa and the phone # for the amex. Both my statements closed last week with over $1500 spending on each. The Visa one only credited the 1500+ miles that I spent, but the amex did credit the expected 76,500+ miles. Has anyone else that was approved for both on the same day had this experience?

I suppose I'll have to call and ask why I didn't get the bonus miles for my Visa spend (without mentioning my Amex card), but I am afraid that they will be able to see that I got both cards and already received the 75k bonus for the Amex. Is this something they will be able to see?
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
It was my understanding that the 90 day wait was when you apply for 2 personal cards then wait 90 days for the business card.

However, if you only get one personal Visa I've been told 60 days is sufficient.

Can anyone confirm?

Originally Posted by johndeere19
Hold off on applying for any citi cards for 90 days then go for 1 business card.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:01 am

Don't feel bad

I have an Experian rating of 803 and got the same request. What's up with that?
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Be happy its only the free 4506-T, Amex wants the 4506 which costs me $57.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.