Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2010, 7:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Mileage Plus, Divident Miles, Rapid Rewards, GoldPointsPlus
When did the initial offer expire? Was it on 10/31 ? If so, I must have applied just before that. ie. old link. Its been a few weeks. But funny thing is that I followed the links given on the first page, I swear I saw 50k/750/4months & 50k/10000/12 months on the application page for the Visa card. But when I spoke to the CSR after I got the card, she told me that the offer was only 75k for the first year. But the Amex card came with 100k for 1st year with 10k spend.

Originally Posted by achuang24
Sounds like kamikazein applied under the *new* 100k link. The expired 100k link is a one year deal whereas the *new* 100k link requires you to pay $85 for the 2nd year membership to get the entire 100k.

As a cardmember, you’ll benefit from:
• 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $2000 in purchases within the first 4 months of cardmembership
• 25,000 additional American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $10000 in purchases during your FIRST year of cardmembership
• 25,000 additional American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $10000 in purchases during your SECOND year of cardmembership
• $85 annual fee ($75 for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® card) waived for the first 12 months of cardmembership*
Old Dec 20, 2010, 8:11 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by giblet
Don't kill me for asking, but can someone tell me the deal for non-first time cardmembers?

I have an active AA Citi Biz card (four months old) and an AA Citi Visa (active over a year old) and a cancelled AA Citi Visa (closed over a year old).

Any chance that I can apply for more personal cards since my others are over a year old? I know the offer says first-time cardmembers but I've seen reports, like the post above, that others are getting approved as well.

Sorry for not wading through the 218 pages to find out, would appreciate any info.
Hey Giblet,

Most of the current cardholders who were approved for additional cards under this offer had held their cards for more than a year, some for many years. So, yes there is a chance you might get approved. But my guess is that it's a small chance. I also have a current Citi personal MC that's a little over a year old. I may apply for another in Feb. If you do decide to try for another personal card, I would advise you to wait a couple more months.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by TTBHG
I added my card online and it pulled up instantly. I already had one Citi card, though, so I am not sure if you are a first time customer if it takes longer.
I am a first time Citi customer. I just tried again as it is after midnight in the USA. I haven't gotten an email yet with the last 4 digits so it could be the online banking doesn't work until I have an actual account number.

Any other first time Citibank customers have trouble signing up for online banking?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by onthego15
Hey Giblet,

Most of the current cardholders who were approved for additional cards under this offer had held their cards for more than a year, some for many years. So, yes there is a chance you might get approved. But my guess is that it's a small chance. I also have a current Citi personal MC that's a little over a year old. I may apply for another in Feb. If you do decide to try for another personal card, I would advise you to wait a couple more months.
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer, onthego15. My current account has only been open until 9/09 so I will take your suggestion and wait until Feb to apply. I'll use it in the meantime to try and get the good karma flowing.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 6:48 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer, onthego15. My current account has only been open until 9/09 so I will take your suggestion and wait until Feb to apply. I'll use it in the meantime to try and get the good karma flowing.
Yes, it is my opinion (based on what some folks reported earlier this fall) that Citi is much more likely to give additional bonuses to people who are good customers then to churners.
Of course, given that this is Citi, there certainly are no guarantees.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kamikazein
When did the initial offer expire? Was it on 10/31 ? If so, I must have applied just before that. ie. old link. Its been a few weeks. But funny thing is that I followed the links given on the first page, I swear I saw 50k/750/4months & 50k/10000/12 months on the application page for the Visa card. But when I spoke to the CSR after I got the card, she told me that the offer was only 75k for the first year. But the Amex card came with 100k for 1st year with 10k spend.
Yes, initial offer expired 10/31/2010. The new offer is still pretty good but not as good as before. I got my fingers cross for the 100k one year offer to come back for Amex.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by achuang24
Yes, initial offer expired 10/31/2010. The new offer is still pretty good but not as good as before. I got my fingers cross for the 100k one year offer to come back for Amex.
You can still apply via the "expired" offer and get a card under the same terms.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 4:24 pm

I have an active AA Citi Biz card (four months old) and an AA Citi Visa (active over a year old) and a cancelled AA Citi Visa (closed over a year old).

Any chance that I can apply for more personal cards since my others are over a year old? ...
Yes.. I have an active AA citi biz card and lots of canceled citi AA personal and business cards ( Amex visa MC, I'm one of the old churners). For about a year I've been denied any new citi AA card. Tried for the 100k VISA card, just for the heck of it today, and was approved online.

FWIIW , I canceled my last citi AA personal card about 2 months ago. The only difference between the last rejection, and the new acceptance (besides time and the completely random nature of the citi application process) was the canceled personal AA card.

So, if I were you, I'd cancel the personal card and wait a month or two before applying for the new one
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by georgepds
Yes.. I have an active AA citi biz card and lots of canceled citi AA personal and business cards ( Amex visa MC, I'm one of the old churners). For about a year I've been denied any new citi AA card. Tried for the 100k VISA card, just for the heck of it today, and was approved online.

FWIIW , I canceled my last citi AA personal card about 2 months ago. The only difference between the last rejection, and the new acceptance (besides time and the completely random nature of the citi application process) was the canceled personal AA card.

So, if I were you, I'd cancel the personal card and wait a month or two before applying for the new one
Actually I believe the "age" of the open date matters more than closing existing cards. The "age" of your last AA card may have passed the magical number Citi system assigned to your profile, that you are allowed a new card... That magical number is a complete YMMV because for some people it is less than 9 months, but for some people it seems to be longer than 18 months! Data points seem to indicate this is a totally random number without any way to discern it.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:14 am

Has anyone seen credit score hits churning cards like this ? The rating agencies seem to be putting more weight in age of credit lines and constantly adding a new card certainly isn't going to help with this.

BTW- I got in on the 100k offer and already had my first 50k show up in my AA account after my first cycle. I'll hit the 10k spend later this month so should see the other 50k posting after next cycle.

--wes
Old Dec 22, 2010, 8:03 am

Using the links for:
50k/100k, Visa EXPIRED
50k/100k, Amex EXPIRED

Last night (12/21/10) I attempted both the 50k/100k Visa and Amex expired. First the Visa, then the Amex. The Visa said it would be reviewed and the Amex was instantly approved. I called this morning and was told the milage bonus would be 50,000 after $750 and then another 50,000 after $10,000 in 12 months. This may have been listed in a previous post, as I remember it from somewhere. It looks like they won't finish processing the Visa, as the Amex was approved.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:31 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by omunus
Using the links for:
50k/100k, Visa EXPIRED
50k/100k, Amex EXPIRED

Last night (12/21/10) I attempted both the 50k/100k Visa and Amex expired. First the Visa, then the Amex. The Visa said it would be reviewed and the Amex was instantly approved. I called this morning and was told the milage bonus would be 50,000 after $750 and then another 50,000 after $10,000 in 12 months. This may have been listed in a previous post, as I remember it from somewhere. It looks like they won't finish processing the Visa, as the Amex was approved.
Don't give up hope. My wife and I had the same thing happen. Instant on 1st approval and reviewed on second
Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:15 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA Gold
I applied for both Visa & Amex 75,000 points cards one after another two days ago and both got approved instantly online. However I only got the Amex approval email yesterday. Does that mean they won't process my Visa application? Calling them is not a good idea? Thank you guys.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:56 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
If you got approved for both, then you got approved for both.

Wait about 2 weeks, and the cards will come in the mail. Enjoy 150k.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 4:03 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by burnsy0118
I applied for both Visa & Amex 75,000 points cards one after another two days ago and both got approved instantly online. However I only got the Amex approval email yesterday. Does that mean they won't process my Visa application? Calling them is not a good idea? Thank you guys.
I'm in the same boat, I got the approval email for the Mastercard but not the Visa. I did try to log onto online banking and both accounts seem to be in progress but I won't be able to log in until I have the actual cards because they want the last 3 digits on the security panel. I can see the last 4 digits of both my new credit cards!

The application process made me do a separate online account for each card, I hope they let me combine them later?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.