Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2010, 4:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by onthego15
IMHO, your guess is good.
A couple months ago, there was an extensive discussion on this blog about how many months/years does /Citi look back in deciding if you are considered "new" . the experience of previous cardholders who applied did vary, but I recall that people who hadn't had a Citi AA card for more than 18 months did well. Also, people who Citi considered to be "good" customers (used the card a lot, did not churn) also did fairly well in getting approved for new cards. Of course, there are no guarantees of what Citi will do.
Thanks for both answers. One further clarification ... and this may be another one where we're just making guesses, but am I right in thinking that what matters most is how long ago my last application was? (as opposed to how long ago I closed the account)
Old Dec 26, 2010, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA,BA,UA,SW,NWA,DL
Do these 75,000 bonus points count towards lifetime Gold?
Old Dec 26, 2010, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Avis PC
Originally Posted by pamphelia
Do these 75,000 bonus points count towards lifetime Gold?
Yes. Answered before in recent post.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 7:23 am

Programs: No Longer Anything
Thanks OP

and everyone else with the helpful advice on this thread!

I got a personal Visa and AmExpress a few months back. Miles posted promptly as soon as I met my spend. I just booked 2 Business/First tickets to Hawaii for my parents for their 50th Anniversary next November.

I was going to use up some of my UA miles, but their Hawaii product is pathetic and didn't think it was worth it. Now have AA's (GRR-)ORD-HNL 763 w/much nicer Biz/First product and since I don't otherwise use AA much, I think miles were well spent on my parents. And I get to keep my UA miles for better use in F or C on international flights. Thanks Much All! Happy 2011!
Old Dec 27, 2010, 8:27 am

so did anyone ever figure out if you get the 75k if you only get approved for the gold and not the plat?
Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:34 am

Programs: AA Gold, US Silver
gold seems to be okay

Originally Posted by rgm18
so did anyone ever figure out if you get the 75k if you only get approved for the gold and not the plat?
I was approved only for the gold and my 75,000 have posted. To be safe, though, you may want to ask the CSR to confirm what bonus you have signed up for when you call to activate the card.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 3:25 pm

Ok, so I'm brand new to all these rewards cards, my wife and I travel two or three times a year with our 8 year old. From what I can gather this card seems like the best bet, or at least a good one for us. I'm just confused on the link to the 75k and 10k bonus, and if her and I should sign up for two personal cards or what.

The links that I see for the bonus offers don't mention anything about the 75k or 100k. Where can I find the appropriate links.

should I apply for two cards, and my wife for two? Will this net us 150k or 200k miles each for a total of either 300k or 400k? Or am I confused on this completely?

Any help is greatly appreciated, I sifted through some of the 221 pages on here and some on FW, and it really didn't help, I need someone to lay it out for a noob

Thanks
Patrick
Old Dec 27, 2010, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by PatrickCarter
The links that I see for the bonus offers don't mention anything about the 75k or 100k. Where can I find the appropriate links.
Links are in second post on page one of this thread.

should I apply for two cards, and my wife for two? Will this net us 150k or 200k miles each for a total of either 300k or 400k?
Yes. Apply for both visa and amex on same day.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 6:16 pm

links

the links are now on page 5 not page 2 in my searching.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 7:31 pm

AA Miles

If you dont purchase a flight on AA for 12 months, but then book in 3 months later - are your miles gone, or can they be re-activated? Anyone know.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by maverick17
the links are now on page 5 not page 2 in my searching.
Thanks, found them, although the apps don't mention anything about the bonus, how do we get that?

Thanks
Patrick
Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by PatrickCarter
Thanks, found them, although the apps don't mention anything about the bonus, how do we get that?
Patrick
Click on the card you want to apply for on the offer page.
http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...l2&sc=4XKBP9N0
That's how you get it. It does not list the terms on the application itself.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by WallaceOneal14
If you dont purchase a flight on AA for 12 months, but then book in 3 months later - are your miles gone, or can they be re-activated? Anyone know.
If you use the card you will earn miles and keep all miles alive for 18 months after last miles earned. If you no longer have the card, you can buy something through the aa.com online mall and keep your miles alive that way.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA,Platinum AmEx, SPG Gold,WN CP
If both of my parents are applying for cards, can they use one advantage number or do they both need to have their own?
Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by normandy7
If both of my parents are applying for cards, can they use one advantage number or do they both need to have their own?
Has been answered numerous times in this thread. Also you need to read the AAdvantage terms and conditions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.