Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2010, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by RS23
For the people signing up with their spouses...do you just use one AA# for the family to rack up all the miles into one account?
You can sort of do this if you choose SPG Amex as your primary credit card. You'll earn SPG points, which can be freely transferred among family members sharing an address. When you wish convert them to AA miles. There's even a 25% bonus if you convert 20K points.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 9:25 am

AA 75,000 miles card link? Still active?

Hi all. New here to flyer talk and having trouble finding the link to the AA 75,000 miles card. Is it still active? Sounds like it expired Oct 31st but wondering if it still works?

Also, I already have a CitiAA MC, can I get a CitiAA AX or Visa? Only have personal card, so maybe I can get around it by getting a biz card?

Really appreciate any help. Sorry if this is a repost.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 9:55 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by BostonFly
Hi all. New here to flyer talk and having trouble finding the link to the AA 75,000 miles card. Is it still active? Sounds like it expired Oct 31st but wondering if it still works?

Also, I already have a CitiAA MC, can I get a CitiAA AX or Visa? Only have personal card, so maybe I can get around it by getting a biz card?

Really appreciate any help. Sorry if this is a repost.
There's a new 75k & 100k, see the first page.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k
Originally Posted by moarmiles
So I decided to sign up for the 100k Business card since I do some consulting on the side. I put my name as the business name, put my home address as the business address, and selected sole proprietorship. Not sure if it makes any difference, but I also signed up and was approved for the 100k Personal Visa 61 days ago.

I was told to call and they told me to show 2 forms documents.. business utility, insurance, bank statements, phone bill, etc. The problem is, I don't have any. Any idea if they'll accept my regular utility and phone bills? If not, shall I just cancel my business app and accept the wasted credit hit?

Thanks
Update! I just got approved for my 100k business card today (57 days after applying for my card!)
I ended up creating a dba so I could sign up for a business checking account. Then on Nov 30, my first bank statement showed up so I sent the required docs to citibank. I sent my business bank statement, a personal water bill, and a copy of my approved dba application. 17 days later my app was finally got approved.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:45 am

Just a data point. Signed up for personal 75K in October, charged $3000 within 30 days. Got first bill at end of November with 75K miles on it and posted to my AA account. Very fast.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Thank you jcmitchell21 for the update!
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:52 am

So i just applied for both the Visa & Amex personal cards and was approved on the spot (at least it said so after I clicked submit at the end of the application).

The thing is though I used both expired links. The 75k Amex where you get the full credit after spending $1500 in 6 months. And the 100k Visa where you get 50k after spending $750 in the 1st 4 months and 50k after spending $10,000 in the first year.

Does saying "Approved" at the end of the online application mean I've been approved for the deals I signed up for? There was some verbage saying if you don't qualify for the platinum rewards card you're automatacally signed up for the gold rewards card (not sure the differences). Should I call Citi and verify I actually got the deals I signed up for through the links right now? Or should I just wait the 2 weeks or so for the cards to come through the mail and then see what I got?
Got the approval e-mail for both cards yesterday. Called to add my spouse as an authorized user on my account and to get her cards linked to the account as well.

Only hitch was that I signed up for the 100k miles Amex and when I called and verified they said I got the 75k miles after spending $1,500 in the 1st 6 months.

Has anyone had success getting the expired (supposedly) 100k offer by calling in after you received your card? Or just be happy with the expired (supposedly) 75k offer where I only have to charge $1500 on the acct rather than $4000?
Old Dec 17, 2010, 1:02 pm

Got the approval e-mail for both cards yesterday. Called to add my spouse as an authorized user on my account and to get her cards linked to the account as well.

Only hitch was that I signed up for the 100k miles Amex and when I called and verified they said I got the 75k miles after spending $1,500 in the 1st 6 months.

Has anyone had success getting the expired (supposedly) 100k offer by calling in after you received your card? Or just be happy with the expired (supposedly) 75k offer where I only have to charge $1500 on the acct rather than $4000?
I had friend that applied via expired 100k link and verified w/ CSR regarding 100k mile promotion. If I were you, I'd call and speak to a different CSR. Good luck.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 4:58 pm

who is considered a "new cardholder?

I got a Visa ( personal) within 45 days.
If I apply for the Amex will I get 75,000 miles also?
So people have luck getting 150,000 and 225,000 points?
Old Dec 18, 2010, 6:47 am

I signed up for a Citi AMEX and later realized the Visa would have been a smarter move for me. I attempted a Visa application and it was denied because I already at the AMEX. I waited two weeks and tried to get a Citi Business Visa. Here was there response:

"This specific offer is valid only for first-time Citi(R)
/ AAdvantage(R) cardmembers.? Our records indicate that
you already have a Citi(R) / AAdvantage(R) account with us."

So I called them yesterday and requested my AMEX just be converted to a Visa. I was told I would have to call back in six months to do so because there system does not allow for a conversion this soon. I spoke to both a rep and a manager. So looks like I'm stuck with the AMEX until July.

Kudos to those that double and triple dipped this offer.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage

I applied 3 times with an expired 100K link - personal cards for me and my husband in early November and a business card for myself in late November. I just activated the business card yesterday and was read the 100K offer back to me. If they read the 75K offer back to you, are you sure you applied with the 100K link? Call and try again.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL FO
Just got my 75k personal Amex. Going monday to the tax collector to pay property taxes for the year. That will be over 4000. I am curious to see exactly how fast I will get my miles. I really want to get a second card but I can't figure out if it is worth applying. A bunch of you seem to have gotten denied for already having an account, even when applying for the business card.

Also, just an FYI, when I called to activate my card citi said that they did not have my AA number on file and I had to give it to them. She told me it should have also been printed on my card but it is not. She said that she entered it and would have another card sent with it printed on the card(I don't care if it printed on the card but I guess they do). I hope this didn't happen to any of the rest of you.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TTBHG
Just got my 75k personal Amex. Going monday to the tax collector to pay property taxes for the year. That will be over 4000. I am curious to see exactly how fast I will get my miles.
24-48 hrs after your statement closes
Old Dec 18, 2010, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
So i just applied for both the Visa & Amex personal cards and was approved on the spot (at least it said so after I clicked submit at the end of the application).

The thing is though I used both expired links. The 75k Amex where you get the full credit after spending $1500 in 6 months. And the 100k Visa where you get 50k after spending $750 in the 1st 4 months and 50k after spending $10,000 in the first year.

Does saying "Approved" at the end of the online application mean I've been approved for the deals I signed up for? There was some verbage saying if you don't qualify for the platinum rewards card you're automatacally signed up for the gold rewards card (not sure the differences). Should I call Citi and verify I actually got the deals I signed up for through the links right now? Or should I just wait the 2 weeks or so for the cards to come through the mail and then see what I got?
If you get the gold card instead of the platinum, I would love to know if you still get the 50,000 miles.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 3:42 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by TTBHG
Just got my 75k personal Amex. Going monday to the tax collector to pay property taxes for the year. That will be over 4000. I am curious to see exactly how fast I will get my miles. I really want to get a second card but I can't figure out if it is worth applying. A bunch of you seem to have gotten denied for already having an account, even when applying for the business card.

Also, just an FYI, when I called to activate my card citi said that they did not have my AA number on file and I had to give it to them. She told me it should have also been printed on my card but it is not. She said that she entered it and would have another card sent with it printed on the card(I don't care if it printed on the card but I guess they do). I hope this didn't happen to any of the rest of you.

Just fyi... I thought about paying my property taxes through CC too but the tax collector was going to charge $1.50 as convenience fee. Just wanted to make sure that you could be paying a bit more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.