[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2010, 7:38 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
You misread my post. There is a 99% chance that Citi will NOT give you a bonus if you try to churn.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
My targeted 40K offer is for business cards.

Missed that in my excitement.

They want business name and income and so forth.

Oh well ...
Old Dec 12, 2010, 9:00 am

Have any of the long time churners tried this offer recently--I am consideing applying and wondering if I have a shot at approval.

Last successful churn was about a year ago though I think I did have an unsuccessful app or two this year...

Thanks for any hekp you may be able to provide,
Old Dec 12, 2010, 9:57 am

This is off topic so apologies in advance. Ended up getting two identical personal VISAs and am just going to hit the 4k spend on each and then merge the AAdvantage accounts. Just received my property tax bill and am wondering if I can just pay that with the VISAs to hit the 4k (bill is 8k total and I can split) The city charges 2.5% to use a credit card so I only want to try if I know I'll get the points.

Thanks!
Old Dec 12, 2010, 2:10 pm

I need urgent help with this!

The following link is still alive with the spend $1500 offer within 6 months, that expired oct 31.

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...DA010708A7B0AB

I thought that the $4000 was pretty steep to digest so was hoping that somehow citi was still accepting this expired offer's applications. Can someone let me know if I can apply for the $1500 and whether it will work? Or will it just redirect me to the $4000 one.

One other quick aside: can I spend the required amount and immediately pay the balance? Or do I need to wait for the monthly statement to come and then pay?

Thanks so much!!
Old Dec 12, 2010, 2:59 pm

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by ddfr
Have any of the long time churners tried this offer recently--I am consideing applying and wondering if I have a shot at approval.

Last successful churn was about a year ago though I think I did have an unsuccessful app or two this year...

Thanks for any hekp you may be able to provide,
Seriously? Read 2 posts above yours.

Originally Posted by Digable
This is off topic so apologies in advance. Ended up getting two identical personal VISAs and am just going to hit the 4k spend on each and then merge the AAdvantage accounts. Just received my property tax bill and am wondering if I can just pay that with the VISAs to hit the 4k (bill is 8k total and I can split) The city charges 2.5% to use a credit card so I only want to try if I know I'll get the points.

Thanks!
Identical Visas as in they have the same number? Are they tied to the same account or different accounts? If they are separate numbers/accounts, then you should get the miles for both cards.

Why merge accounts? did you not have an AA account before applying for the cards?
Old Dec 12, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience recently.

I introduced my aunt to the 100K Citi AA promotion a couple of months ago. She applied and was approved for the AMEX card. She has gotten the first 50K already in her AA account, and is on her way towards spending the 10k needed for the last 50K.

Got a call from her yesterday and she was very upset. She said he received a letter stating that she had to redeem her AA miles by the end of December or they will expire. Now, of course, I'm pretty familiar with AAdvantage rules, and I assured her that that was preposterous and that she would have at least 18 months after the last activity before any miles would expire. However, she was adamant that the letter says her miles will expire by the end of the year and she even called in to AA and confirmed.

I haven't had time to actually go over and review this letter (even though I am 99.9% sure she is misreading it, and the agent she talked to misled her). Has anyone else received anything in the mail regarding the miles they earned from this Citi AA promotion? I told her not to worry and that I'll look at the letter when I have time.

Thx
Old Dec 12, 2010, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
My guess is she has 2 AA accounts (probably by mistake). She probably did not include her original AA account on the application so they opened her up a new one.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16
My guess is she has 2 AA accounts (probably by mistake). She probably did not include her original AA account on the application so they opened her up a new one.

That sounds like a strong possibility. I did ask her when she applied for the Citi card did she open a new AA account and she said yes. So maybe she did forget that she had an old account sitting there.
Thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by glu800
She said he received a letter stating that she had to redeem her AA miles by the end of December or they will expire.
Please share the letter (protect all identifying information of course.)
Old Dec 12, 2010, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by sent
Update on business card: I got approved for the business Visa, my first business card! I faxed over a bank statement and articles of incorporation on Tuesday and got the email today....
Is Citibank no longer allowing unincorporated sole proprietorships to receive a business card??
Old Dec 12, 2010, 5:47 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
I received a business CC in Oct. as a sole proprietor. Others have as well. However, the documents Citi is requiring from people to prove they have a business seem to vary a lot.

Last edited by onthego15; Dec 12, 2010 at 6:20 pm Reason: correct date
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Digable
Just received my property tax bill and am wondering if I can just pay that with the VISAs to hit the 4k (bill is 8k total and I can split) The city charges 2.5% to use a credit card so I only want to try if I know I'll get the points.
We always pay our property taxes with a credit card to get miles. If your Citi card is targeted for the extra 0.5% then it's a much better deal (1.5 miles per dollar). In your case, it'll make the spend limit so you get the bonus, so it's well worth it even without the 0.5%.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by GrizShel
Is Citibank no longer allowing unincorporated sole proprietorships to receive a business card??
There are no posts indicating that Citi declines based on sole proprietorship, and I'm pretty sure I have read all the posts in this thread. So I would say sole proprietorship is still good to go.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:39 pm

Talking

OMG! mine posted today!! Thanks for all the help!! =)

[IMG=http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/5622/photogm.png][/IMG]

NOw, I just have to decide how I should buy my christmas tickets:

1) Use the $200 united voucher towards the $460 United flight and pay $260 cash
or
2) Use 50K miles towards the AA.com flight and fly for FREE!

Anyone care to share their opinion on my options?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.