Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by macboss
Huh? I have never heard of this. I looked up the post 114 and 299 in this thread but they were irrelevant to this subject. Could someone confirms? I really want the 100k bonus miles
Yeah, you're only eligible for the churner card, not only does it give you only 12,500 miles, but, you also have to pay the annual churner fee of $675, and it's also a prepaid card that requires you to load it with at least $1000, but, subject to a daily account maintenance fee of 5% of the remaining balance on the card. Overall not the best deal. It also seems that they run a hard credit inquiry on you once a week while you are a card member, and they even check your FDIMEIN as well. Check post 2375 for more info.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by party_boy
just got my card thanks.
how long did it take since approval?
Old Oct 22, 2010, 1:19 pm

Programs: american, delta
Approved, minimum spend complete, 75,000 AA miles posted today. Thanks to all here.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: United Airlines Premier, Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Club Carlson Gold
I was rejected due to "you're already having the maximum number of cards allowed from Citibank". I guess I own too many Citibank cards then (3 in total)
Old Oct 22, 2010, 1:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by moarmiles
Sorry but, are they asking for more documents because of a duplicate business name issue?
In my case, they wanted verification of the business at my home address. I submitted a city business license (finally that thing does me some good) and a phone bill. That did the trick.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75
Yeah, you're only eligible for the churner card, not only does it give you only 12,500 miles, but, you also have to pay the annual churner fee of $675, and it's also a prepaid card that requires you to load it with at least $1000, but, subject to a daily account maintenance fee of 5% of the remaining balance on the card. Overall not the best deal. It also seems that they run a hard credit inquiry on you once a week while you are a card member, and they even check your FDIMEIN as well. Check post 2375 for more info.
The other guy was not even funny.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey
In my case, they wanted verification of the business at my home address. I submitted a city business license (finally that thing does me some good) and a phone bill. That did the trick.
I don't have a registered business. Will this happen to me? Should I choose sole-proprietor?
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:02 pm

I don't have a registered business. Will this happen to me? Should I choose sole-proprietor?
I am a sole proprietor, and I used my SSN for the business card. So, this can work. You don't need a registration or license, but you need to give them two documents that show that this really is a business. If you have any utility bills in the name of the business, that would work. If not, use the best documentation you have of third parties sending you something at the address you listed, and for a business-related purpose (e.g., invoice for business supplies).
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey
I am a sole proprietor, and I used my SSN for the business card. So, this can work. You don't need a registration or license, but you need to give them two documents that show that this really is a business. If you have any utility bills in the name of the business, that would work. If not, use the best documentation you have of third parties sending you something at the address you listed, and for a business-related purpose (e.g., invoice for business supplies).
Well I do website design on the side. I have a website and a business card. Would that be sufficient?

I have just canceled my citi business card. Should I just apply for the personal card? I read somewhere here that some people can only get the business card?
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
Generally:
10. 1 business app every 90 days
11. 2 apps every 60 days
12. denial if you received a card within the last 10 months
Questions:

10 and 11. It sounds like churning is allowed again?

12. Do you mean If I apply and receive any credit card in the last 10 months, I will get denied? It is conflicting with number 10 and 11
Old Oct 22, 2010, 4:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Question Is one of my applications lost?

Guys,

Last weekend I opened up 2 browsers and applied for Personal Visa and Amex (75k miles on both).

#1: Visa app went all the way to step 5 - with account customizations.

#2: Amex app came back with an App Id and the 800#.
I called up the 800# and after a few minutes hold, was approved for the Amex. In today's mail I got the Amex welcome letter too.

So my question is about the Visa card (App#1 above) - Obviously, I don't have the app-id for it - So IS this application lost? I'm wondering, why I haven't received the Visa welcome letter too - (i thought i was approved ) .

Did anybody else have the same experience? How did it end?

Thanks in advance!
-G
Old Oct 22, 2010, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gya007
Guys,

Last weekend I opened up 2 browsers and applied for Personal Visa and Amex (75k miles on both).

#1: Visa app went all the way to step 5 - with account customizations.

#2: Amex app came back with an App Id and the 800#.
I called up the 800# and after a few minutes hold, was approved for the Amex. In today's mail I got the Amex welcome letter too.

So my question is about the Visa card (App#1 above) - Obviously, I don't have the app-id for it - So IS this application lost? I'm wondering, why I haven't received the Visa welcome letter too - (i thought i was approved ) .

Did anybody else have the same experience? How did it end?

Thanks in advance!
-G
Did you customize it with userid and password?

If so, you can test that userid and password. If the app is still under process, you get a General Error message. If a new card is issued, you actually would see the last 4 digit of the new card but you would not have access as it would ask for the cvc number. If the application is lost, you would get a totally different message about to wait for your card to arrive before using this userid - that means the application is NOT even in process.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 4:51 pm

Well I do website design on the side. I have a website and a business card. Would that be sufficient?

I have just canceled my citi business card. Should I just apply for the personal card? I read somewhere here that some people can only get the business card?
For the first part, all I can tell you is to give it your best shot to establish this as a business. I don't know if they'll accept those things.

I believe your second question has been covered here, but I can't recall the answer.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 4:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Hi Happy - I already have a userid / password - so even though at Step 3/4 or 5, it asked me to customize with a user-id, I didn't - I didn't want a create a 2nd user-id...

Was that a mistake, you think?

-G

Originally Posted by Happy
Did you customize it with userid and password?

If so, you can test that userid and password. If the app is still under process, you get a General Error message. If a new card is issued, you actually would see the last 4 digit of the new card but you would not have access as it would ask for the cvc number. If the application is lost, you would get a totally different message about to wait for your card to arrive before using this userid - that means the application is NOT even in process.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
Another Data Point:

I've had the Citi Aadvantage Gold World Elite Mastercard since 2003. I had a City Aadvantage Business Mastercard but closed it a few years ago.

1) Applied for and was granted the 75K Citi Aadvantage Visa, but had to call in after submitting the application and they ended up moving some credit from my Mastercard over to the Visa.

2)Waited one week, then yesterday applied for the 75K Citi Business card. It was approved, but I had to call in. They quickly approved it over the phone without asking too many questions.

I'm happy, because as soon as the bonus miles are earned & posted it'll put me over 2MM lifetime

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.