[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2010, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by bholaladka
I think I messed this up. I made $1500 in purchases, and then paid off the credit card before the statement closing date, leaving $0 balance. The statement produced and it showed $0 balance. Did I need to make sure that the statement show a balance? No credit yet and the statement closed on 12/2 =(

This is for the AMEX.
Actually, I miscalculated. I have only spent $1372 in the past month. UGh! I will need to wait another month for the next billing cycle to close!
Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:33 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
I just faxed over my business documents yesterday. I feel so dumb, I could've done this last week but I delayed because I thought I needed a bank statement and a phone bill so I was waiting for the phone bill since I just switched it to my company name a few weeks ago. The girl on the phone said you can use your articles of incorporation but not the piece of paper from the IRS that shows your EIN number. Stupid me, I didn't realize I had articles of incorporation sitting under the EIN document this whole time.

So tomorrow I will call and see where I stand.

Now if I can just train my husband to stop telling people I'm trying to go for lifetime Gold/Plat by opening AA cards...
Old Dec 8, 2010, 9:25 am

Talking

Originally Posted by sent
I just faxed over my business documents yesterday. I feel so dumb, I could've done this last week but I delayed because I thought I needed a bank statement and a phone bill so I was waiting for the phone bill since I just switched it to my company name a few weeks ago. The girl on the phone said you can use your articles of incorporation but not the piece of paper from the IRS that shows your EIN number. Stupid me, I didn't realize I had articles of incorporation sitting under the EIN document this whole time.

So tomorrow I will call and see where I stand.

Now if I can just train my husband to stop telling people I'm trying to go for lifetime Gold/Plat by opening AA cards...
woow... how do you get lifetime gold/plat? Can you PM me with the info pls! =)
Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, Avis PC
woow... how do you get lifetime gold/plat? Can you PM me with the info pls! =)
Read this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Avis PC
I think I messed this up. I made $1500 in purchases, and then paid off the credit card before the statement closing date, leaving $0 balance. The statement produced and it showed $0 balance. Did I need to make sure that the statement show a balance? No credit yet and the statement closed on 12/2 =(

This is for the AMEX.
You are fine. I did this sometimes when I ran out of credit on my card. What counts toward the $1500 is the amount charged on your card, regardless of whether it is paid off or not. The amount you charged only counts after the closing date of your billing cycle (statement).
Old Dec 8, 2010, 1:45 pm
/M3

Applied for the personal visa about 2 weeks ago. Received a letter today requesting 4506T to be completed. Could not believe they are requesting a 4506T for a personal card.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL Spam; SPG Gold; other randoms
Finally got approved for the Citibusiness Visa after having applied in mid-October. I applied for this card along with the personal Amex. While the Amex was instantly approved, I had to let them see my tax returns (and I assume another hard pull) to get the business card. Hopefully, the new card will carry the same terms (and benefits) as the Amex (i.e. 75K with $1500 spend).
Old Dec 8, 2010, 5:19 pm

I applied for this offer about 5 months ago and was denied as I was already a AA cardholder in the past.

Probably a stupid question but are past AA cardholders still getting denied on the 75K offer ?

Thanks
Old Dec 8, 2010, 5:25 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, BMI Gold, United 1K
Is the 75,000 mile offer still available? I only find indicating that the offer was only until Oct. 31. If you have an offer link and are feeling in the holiday spirit, please PM me.

Thanks!
Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by PDXGUY1
Is the 75,000 mile offer still available? I only find indicating that the offer was only until Oct. 31. If you have an offer link and are feeling in the holiday spirit, please PM me.

Thanks!
Hint: check the 2nd post in this LONG thread.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 8:16 pm

Programs: A3 *G, fmr DL PM
$500 spent and 75,000 AA miles posted.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by fiveninerzero
$500 spent and 75,000 AA miles posted.
From what I gathered in this thread, it seems like the Business Visa might be easiest to get, but may require hard proof.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 8:40 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by flyer4512
I applied for this offer about 5 months ago and was denied as I was already a AA cardholder in the past.

Probably a stupid question but are past AA cardholders still getting denied on the 75K offer ?

Thanks
As far as I remember past Citi AA cardholders are usually being denied. The primary exceptions seem to be people whose last card was more than a year ago (probably more than 18 months ago) or people who have current cards and who have been loyal customers for many years. You would have to dig back in the thread into October for more details about which past or current cardholders were being approved.

As always, YMMV
Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA AA and more
Applied and approved for 4 cards today

2 for me (AMEX and BizVisa)
2 for the wife (AMEX and RegVisa)

verified on all 4 that upon spending $4K in 6mo we'll get the 75K in each...let's see if it holds.
Spending $16K in 6 months is not "easy" but not hard...especially if the card will be here before Christmas...
Old Dec 9, 2010, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by lksf
Applied and approved for 4 cards today

2 for me (AMEX and BizVisa)
2 for the wife (AMEX and RegVisa)

verified on all 4 that upon spending $4K in 6mo we'll get the 75K in each...let's see if it holds.
Spending $16K in 6 months is not "easy" but not hard...especially if the card will be here before Christmas...
Only four cards? Wouldn't you like the RegVisa for yourself, also? (just joking). This AA card is a good deal---I already have the AMEX card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.