Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bubb1
Could you please share what sort of documentation was accepted? I have not had much success here and their rejection reasons have sometimes seemed arbitrary.
In our case a business checking account statement, a residential landline phone bill that is in applicant's spouse's name, and a joint saving account bank statement that tie all together, i.e. both names on the statement and all 3 have the same address. Faxed in on 11/08, status changed to approval 11/12. Congrat email came the following week.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:40 am

Programs: SPG Plat, CO, AA
I applied last night and I was wondering what the next step in the process is. This is my first application that wasn't an automated response, this the uncertainty. Do I call CITI now and find out if I was approved, wait for an email (which I prompted was ok), or just wait and see if my card comes in the mail?

Thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:46 pm

Does anyone know if the 100K link still gives you 100K?
It does not say anything on the application about how many miles is the bonus signup...
Old Nov 23, 2010, 6:20 pm

It took a week to get a letter stating I was approved. 2 days after that my card arrived.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by crm1712
I applied last night and I was wondering what the next step in the process is. This is my first application that wasn't an automated response, this the uncertainty. Do I call CITI now and find out if I was approved, wait for an email (which I prompted was ok), or just wait and see if my card comes in the mail?
If you have had an AAdvantage card before, I would wait. Otherwise they may deny you based on first time only. If you have never had an AAdvantage card before, and you are anxious to hear the results, you can call after a couple of days to see if you can find anything out. They may say it is in process and to wait, or they may have questions to ask you. If you wait you usually get a letter or a card within about 10 days.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by TxtMax4
It does not say anything on the application about how many miles is the bonus signup...
I don't believe there ever was an application that listed the 100k on the application itself. Most who used those links in this thread were able to confirm the 100k offer after they were approved. So you had to take a little risk. You can read many stories about that in the early pages of the thread.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, Avis PC
Originally Posted by TxtMax4
It would be nice to know if someone took the risk to apply under the 100K links after 10/31 and whether they got the offer or not.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:25 am

How long does it take the miles to be posted? I met my spending limit on 11/19 but nothing yet. The statement closes on Dec. 10, 2010, do I need to wait for that?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:54 am
Pup

Originally Posted by bholaladka
How long does it take the miles to be posted? I met my spending limit on 11/19 but nothing yet. The statement closes on Dec. 10, 2010, do I need to wait for that?
Mine showed up for the 75K about a day after the statement closed.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 9:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bholaladka
Yes
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:21 am
Suspended

75K AA card

how does this work out if u apply for 2 cards at a time. if approved will it create 2 seperate AA account's with 75K miles once u meet the criteria or just 1.
And will it be 2 hard pulls on my credit report or just 1.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ncube2
how does this work out if u apply for 2 cards at a time. if approved will it create 2 seperate AA account's with 75K miles once u meet the criteria or just 1.
It can, and then you have a mess. YOu should sign up for AAdvantage before you apply and put that $ on the application
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by ncube2
And will it be 2 hard pulls on my credit report or just 1.
If you apply for a personal and a business, it is 2 hard pulls. If you apply for 2 personals at the same time, you get 2 hard pulls. But correct me if I am wrong, but the credit bureau will combine the 2 personal pulls into 1 since it is from the same company on the same day.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
If you apply for a personal and a business, it is 2 hard pulls. If you apply for 2 personals at the same time, you get 2 hard pulls. But correct me if I am wrong, but the credit bureau will combine the 2 personal pulls into 1 since it is from the same company on the same day.
Correct.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by achuang24
It would be nice to know if someone took the risk to apply under the 100K links after 10/31 and whether they got the offer or not.
I did. Applied in early November, got approved for the personal AmEx for me and my husband. I called and confirmed the bonus offers on both cards before we got them in the mail. I called today to find out when my statement closes and reconfirmed again the bonus offer with the agent. Every time they say the same thing - $750 spend in the first 4 months for 50K, $10K spend in 12 months for the other 50K. He has already met the $750 spend, so I guess when the miles post then it will be actual confirmation that the offer was valid.

Edit: Just applied for the biz card with the 100K link and got the "Further processing is required at this time. We will contact you within a week via email regarding our decision" message. I do have a legit business but this is the first year of its operation and I have no credit cards or loans associated with it yet.

Edit again: D'oh. I guess I was supposed to wait 60 days AFTER applying for the personal before applying for the business. I don't know why I had stuck in my head that it had to be within 60 days. Just got a little application happy and didn't get a chance to digest this thread in its entirety. If I get denied then oh well, I guess have all of next year to try again for whatever new offers will come around.

Will still keep fingers crossed...

Last edited by sent; Nov 24, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.