[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

delete duplicate post.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mooper
Did a quick look, didn't find my answer (I'm sure it's in this thread several times, but I don't have time to read all), so I'm going to ask. Sorry if redundant...

With the 75K offers, if one has had the particular card before under a different, less-lucrative mile offer and has since canceled, will the full 75K still be received? Both my wife and I have had a wide variety of Citi/AA cards in the past - probably most flavors - but all have been canceled and the miles we received were generally in the 25K-40K range. The most recent applications/cancellations were about 6 months ago. Should I just go all out and apply for these, even though I think we've had them in the past (my records aren't good enough to confirm precisely which flavors we've had.) I don't want to go through the hassle and then find out that we aren't eligible for the bonus miles. Advice would be appreciated.
It does not matter which flavors you have had, but if your last ones are opened less than 1 year or more ago, chances for you to get approved is near nil.

All you need is to read Post No.2 - an excellent Summary put together by jcmitchell21 who diligently monitors the information flow and updates it in Post No.2 as needed.

If your credit reports can take some hit though, you can try your luck nevertheless.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
The jig is up, if you don't have a real business, you are not getting a business card. They are now checking for a verified business checking account and utility bill.

So stop trying to game the system and if you do succeed, don't post it here or that loop hole will be closed as well.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:25 pm

Question about 75,000 AA / Citicard promotion?

Was looking to see if this offer was still valid, and it looks like it is, through February 2011.

http://bit.ly/hoUAUT

I had applied for the personal Visa last month, as I've already got the AAdvantage Citi Mastercard. This is the email I received a few days later.
Why we're writing you
Thank you for applying for the Citi(R) Platinum Select(R) /
AAdvantage(R) Visa Signature(R) account. Unfortunately, we are
unable to approve your request for the account at this time
because of the following:

o This specific offer is valid only for first-time Citi(R)
/ AAdvantage(R) cardmembers.? Our records indicate that
you already have a Citi(R) / AAdvantage(R) account with us.
Is this a new thing? I thought people could apply for multiple cards. What if I applied for the business card? While I don't have a TIN/EIN, I've heard that individuals who apply for business cards often get approved. Any tips?
Old Dec 6, 2010, 4:35 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
There is an extensive thread on this deal already:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-up-bonus.html

In post # 2, which summarizes much of the important info on this deal, it says:

2. if you want to apply for 2 personal cards, apply at the same time. but no promises on approval of the second card.

It is possible to get a business card if you have a personal card. This is also mentioned in post # 2 and the current discussion on the thread is mostly about getting business cards.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Since there is an active thread on this subject at MB I'll move it there. Cheers.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:05 pm

I got a business card approved today by e-mail, just over 3 months after getting my previous business card (subsequently canceled). The business is just me using my name and has revenues of $0, which I clearly stated on the app. No docs asked for.

I got the 75,000 mile offer by using the link posted earlier, even though the offer expired on 10/31 (the link is still active and they honored it, just as they have done in the past).

However, my app for a personal card was turned down because I am not a first-time applicant.

This will be my last churn because I will reach lifetime Platinum once I've charged the required amount on the business card.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by alanperlman
Was looking to see if this offer was still valid, and it looks like it is, through February 2011.

http://bit.ly/hoUAUT

I had applied for the personal Visa last month, as I've already got the AAdvantage Citi Mastercard. This is the email I received a few days later.
Why we're writing you
Thank you for applying for the Citi(R) Platinum Select(R) /
AAdvantage(R) Visa Signature(R) account. Unfortunately, we are
unable to approve your request for the account at this time
because of the following:

o This specific offer is valid only for first-time Citi(R)
/ AAdvantage(R) cardmembers.? Our records indicate that
you already have a Citi(R) / AAdvantage(R) account with us.
Is this a new thing? I thought people could apply for multiple cards. What if I applied for the business card? While I don't have a TIN/EIN, I've heard that individuals who apply for business cards often get approved. Any tips?
So no people got the second 75k after the first approvement?

how about we close the first approved card, and apply again for another personal card?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
how about we close the first approved card, and apply again for another personal card?
Posters report being denied for a second personal card if they applied for a personal card in the last 12 months.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I got a business card approved today by e-mail, just over 3 months after getting my previous business card (subsequently canceled).
Just to make sure I understand, you got the 75k offer on the first AAdvantaage Visa business card. Then three months later you applied for a second AAdvantage Visa business card and once again received 75k after spend?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas
Posters report being denied for a second personal card if they applied for a personal card in the last 12 months.
So there is a chance to get the bonus miles one more time next year??
Old Dec 7, 2010, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
So there is a chance to get the bonus miles one more time next year??
No way of knowing the future.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas
Just to make sure I understand, you got the 75k offer on the first AAdvantaage Visa business card. Then three months later you applied for a second AAdvantage Visa business card
Correct so far, except that the one from 3 months ago wasn't my first business card.

and once again received 75k after spend?
I just received an approval notice by e-mail, so I haven't had a chance to earn the bonus. However, I DID CALL them to say "Can you tell me what bonus I'm getting for this card?" and they said "75,000/$1500" without my prompting.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Correct so far, except that the one from 3 months ago wasn't my first business card.

I just received an approval notice by e-mail, so I haven't had a chance to earn the bonus. However, I DID CALL them to say "Can you tell me what bonus I'm getting for this card?" and they said "75,000/$1500" without my prompting.
Woo...so how many aa cards do you got approved??
Old Dec 8, 2010, 12:37 am

Exclamation No credit -- statement closed on 12/2

I think I messed this up. I made $1500 in purchases, and then paid off the credit card before the statement closing date, leaving $0 balance. The statement produced and it showed $0 balance. Did I need to make sure that the statement show a balance? No credit yet and the statement closed on 12/2 =(

This is for the AMEX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.