Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold SPG Gold ($30K AMEX)
Congratulations!!!!!
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
So at this point there is really no doubt that the 75K offer with $1500 spend is really still working, even though it was supposed to have expired in October, correct? I just want to make sure I haven't missed some posts where people didn't get the bonus because the offer had expired.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by huge
So at this point there is really no doubt that the 75K offer with $1500 spend is really still working, even though it was supposed to have expired in October, correct? I just want to make sure I haven't missed some posts where people didn't get the bonus because the offer had expired.
I am wondering the same thing. I don't want to apply via that offer and then several months later find out that the 75,000 miles are not to be received (since the offer date had passed). That's why I'm hoping to go a safer route: In my post (#3356) I was asking about how to access a working link for the 50,000 (spend $2000) offer which is valid through February. (I've e-mailed Citi regarding the 75,000-mile offer - to see if I can get an assurance in writing that the "by October 31" offer is still available for getting 75,000 miles.)
Old Jan 3, 2011, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by huge
I don't think you can ever say "no doubt" when it comes to applying for expired credit card offers, but since the expiration date I don't see any posters in this thread claiming that they didn't get it because it was expired. Lot's of posts saying they called in or emailed after they got the card and it was confirmed that they got the offer they applied for. But of course that doesn't remove all doubt.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by muji
...I've e-mailed Citi regarding the 75,000-mile offer - to see if I can get an assurance in writing that the "by October 31" offer is still available for getting 75,000 miles.
Citi wrote back: "We offer a wide variety of products. Please call us to discuss these products and the terms associated with them. In order to better assist you, we will need to speak with you directly. Please contact our Customer Service Center at 1-800-950-5114."
Old Jan 3, 2011, 8:11 am

FYI, I had a business and personal card set up in September and have received the miles. I tried again for this deal last week to see if I could get a couple more cards but was denied due to it needing to be for 1st time citi card holders.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
FYI, I had a business and personal card set up in September and have received the miles. I tried again for this deal last week to see if I could get a couple more cards but was denied due to it needing to be for 1st time citi card holders.
Thanks for the info. Were your two September cards open or closed when you app'd last week?

Looks like Stoughton and AUSMatt are the only two so far that may have been able to have a second go of it if they get the bonus after spend.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 8:56 am

Denial data point:

After reading some of the recent success stories, I decided to try again.

Currently have the personal AMEX - opened Spring 2010. 1st and only Citi AA personal card.

Denied July 2010 for 75k Visa - "existing cardholder"

Denied again a few days ago - "existing cardholder" (used the 10/31/10 75k/$1500 link)

Virtually no use on the AMEX other than initial spend.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 10:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Been 61 days since my last Citi application

Applied for the (expired) 100k Visa today
Already have the 75k Visa (applied 07/30/10)
Got to step 5 and have an approval #

Looks like another 100k in the bank

Follow-up:

Called Citi to double check that the Visa Signature was approved. CSR verified 50/50 promotion details, said card should arrive in 5-7 days. Again, this was from the link to the "expired" 50/50 found on page 1 of this thread.

Business Visa (same promotion, same day) declined - reason stated as multiple applications
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: united mileage
Approved too

Originally Posted by malcolmkettering
Just another data point, I'm historically a big Citi AA churner and I lurked in the shadows for a while - couldn't resist any longer - just today got instant approval for the Citi 75,000 Business VISA. This is at least the 2nd Business VISA I've had for this company, and I've had at least 1 Business VISA in my name for my other company. Plus several Personal cards, including AMEX in the past and my main VISA that's still my main card since 1986. All Citi AA cards. Since it had been 2+ years, I also applied for Personal AMEX at the same time but didn't get instant approval - we'll see.

But for me the one approval is big news - that 75K will finally put me over 2M lifetime!

This is the link I used:
http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...B3A33E1B163293

Says it expired 10/31/10 but still worked.

Tried today for business visa, no instant approval. Called in with application ID and got approved. Thanks. I had a personal citi/AA since last August.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, Avis PC
Denial data point:

Already have AAdvantage MasterCard
Applied in mid-August 2010 for 100k Visa offer and was approved.
Denied end of October 2010 (after 61 days) for 100k Amex - "existing cardholder"

Would like to get a Amex card for Costco.
What is the conventional wisdom, apply for Amex again or am I marked for denial on all first time Amex offers?
Old Jan 4, 2011, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by achuang24
Denial data point:

Already have AAdvantage MasterCard
Applied in mid-August 2010 for 100k Visa offer and was approved.
Denied end of October 2010 (after 61 days) for 100k Amex - "existing cardholder"

Would like to get a Amex card for Costco.
What is the conventional wisdom, apply for Amex again or am I marked for denial on all first time Amex offers?
you are marked for all AA cards regardless which type, for an unknown time period. Nobody knows how long this period would be - it seems to be an extremely YMMV thing.

Only Stoughton being able to get a 2nd round without being denied, from my reading of this thread. ddallas keeps a good tab on things, I would definitely pay attention to what he posts for the latest info.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ddallas
60 worked for me. YMMV.
63 days worked for me.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 11:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
Only Stoughton being able to get a 2nd round without being denied, from my reading of this thread.
I know this shouldn't make a difference (though we are talking about Citi) but this is the 1st time I've applied for the 50/50 Visa. The other Visa I have was under the initial 75k.

No idea if that made any difference or not, but they were not the same promotional offer.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL, QF, CO, Married (does that count as a program?)
Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
Go for the expired 75k which only requires $1500 in spending.
So, as I understand it from this thread:

1) If you received the personal AmEx more than 60 days ago you can apply for the personal Visa now with the Oct 31 expiration link?
2) The offers on these cards with the increased spend go until Feb 28, 2011?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.