[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2011, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by thebat
I don't think you have to wait. The business cards are completely different from the personal. I would just go ahead and try for the business.
Anyone can confirm this, that I don't need to wait for 60 days to apply for the business visa, I don't want to apply it, and got reject.
(I have applied TWO CITI AA, one continental, one Delta, all in early feb)
Since I got my VISA and AMEX (Personal) in early feb, 2011 and got both 150k miles from both card after spending 1500 dollars each.

I never applied business credit card in the past.

Does anyone has the same experience, please share.

Thanks,
Coco
Old Mar 15, 2011, 5:19 pm

I think you should wait- since several people have reported that citi immediately rejected them for too many apps in a short time period.
This was my first business card also but I had no issues just use your social and say sole propietorship
Old Mar 15, 2011, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I was 10+ yr AA Citicard member, sometimes with both the personal & business card. A little bit of churning, but not a lot. When this offer first came out I had only had the business card.
($30 K limit, used a lot and always paid in full)
I applied for the personal card and was rejected as "I had to much credit with Citicards".
A little miffed and also because I thought I may reapply, I cancelled my business card.

A couple months go by and I am again rejected. (this time because to much debt to income....all I have is 1st motgage debt, no other debt)
(ohh, and the mortgage is with Citibank!! always paid on time and I'm not underwater)

So within the last week I apply for the:
Amex Gold Delta Card (50K) and approved.
Capital Ones's 110 K offer and approved
US Airways Mastercard (50K) approved
Continentl's Visa (35K) Approved

So I think my credit reports have already been dinged, I'll try one more time for the AA card (it had been a few months since the last attempt)...and guess what, I'm rejected.
I call and the Citicard supervisor tells me the fed goverment has stricter rules now that banks have to follow.

I really don't understand it. AA used to be my primary go to card, now it is Starwood. I know I can still can use my Starwood miles on AA, I was hoping to get the Citicard AA bonus miles as I am close to being lifetime gold on AA.

I give up on Citicards now....I think they are making a mistake.

Last edited by TaxiApple; Mar 15, 2011 at 10:04 pm
Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:16 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by coco11
Anyone can confirm this, that I don't need to wait for 60 days to apply for the business visa, I don't want to apply it, and got reject.
Since I got my VISA and AMEX (Personal) in early feb, 2011 and got both 150k miles from both card after spending 1500 dollars each.

Thanks,
Coco
gotta wait 60 days from previous apps. System will only allow 2 apps in 60 days.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:41 am

is there anything i can do here. i ahad a business card for like 6 months then closed it and then reapplied 93days later for the card. i got to step5 . so i tried calling yesterday and when i spoke to supervisor she wanted to know why i had the card fthe first time for so short . so i said business was bad then so didnt need but need it now and business is better . however, then got an email today that i got denied bec of previous cardholder.

sorry this is in refrence to the citi business card
Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
gotta wait 60 days from previous apps. System will only allow 2 apps in 60 days.

Thanks I will wait till mid of April over 60 days of all card application.
I just hope the business offer still work at that time.

Thanks OP and Jcmitchell21 for the such a great deal.
I have booked tickets with 70k miles each to Asia2 and wanted to upgrade to business class after the visa business card approved with 75k miles bonus
Old Mar 16, 2011, 8:06 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by coco11

Thanks,
Coco
Isn't it 90 days? I waited just over 90 days and it worked fine for me. Don't get greedy. Hold off and then apply. If there isn't a promotion anymore, so be it...another one will come around. Even the veterans make mistakes (take a look at ingy's application for the AA and Cap One card)...learn from them.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by tzvika01
is there anything i can do here. i ahad a business card for like 6 months then closed it and then reapplied 93days later for the card. i got to step5 . so i tried calling yesterday and when i spoke to supervisor she wanted to know why i had the card fthe first time for so short . so i said business was bad then so didnt need but need it now and business is better . however, then got an email today that i got denied bec of previous cardholder.

sorry this is in refrence to the citi business card
This might signal an end to the churning of AA business cards also. Oh well, I was hoping to get the Gold status. With slightly less than .5 M lifetime miles, Gold seem like a stretch now .
Old Mar 16, 2011, 8:53 am

they said my only option for a reconsideration is to write to the office of the president. has anybody done this and been succesful?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: Lotz
The 90-day rule requires a little padding. 93 days was perhaps too soon as they often go by billing cycles (3) not just 90 days.

Personally I'd wait a full 120 just to be sure.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
they said my only option for a reconsideration is to write to the office of the president. has anybody done this and been succesful?
Last year I emailed the Executive Offices and was told that they would reconsider my application if I wanted the card without any bonus miles. Needless to say, I wasn't interested.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 9:05 am

Programs: UA Silver
approved for 75k Visa Biz, denied 75k pers Visa

Yesterday I applied for 2 cards using the links in post #2.

75k 1500spend personal Visa was denied because the offer is 'only for first time CitiAAdvantage applicants' . I said I never had the visa and the csr said, any CitiAAdvantage card. My last personal card was a Citi M/C and cancelled in Nov2009.

10 minutes later applied for the Visa biz card 75kbonus 1500spend. Not instantly approved but I called in a few hours later and they told me it was approved and confirmed the terms of 75k bonus, 1500 spend, no annual fee first year. My last business card was cancelled (not exact data point here) in late 2009.

This is my first ever rejection. I stopped churning in late 2009 and this is my first attempt since fall 2009 approvals.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by tormapleaf
Last year I emailed the Executive Offices and was told that they would reconsider my application if I wanted the card without any bonus miles. Needless to say, I wasn't interested.
do you still have their email? i have the address but would email them too
Old Mar 16, 2011, 9:11 am

Business Card for New Business

I'm currently in the process of buying a business. I'll be applying for a business card with my recently applied EIN number. I do not forsee any issues with that. Is it possible to apply for business Visa and Amex and get them both?

I have a personal visa that I got about a year ago without the massive bonus. Is there anyway I can get a personal amex for 75K.

Potentially I could get business Amex/Visa (legit business) and a personal Amex.

Any thoughts?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
do you still have their email? i have the address but would email them too
I emailed an individual VP. If you want further details, PM me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.