Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by dinosims
No.

Since you already have a personal Citi Advantage Amex, you will be declined from the personal Citi Advantage Visa for 'not being a first time cardholder'. The only way to get around that is to apply for both on the same day.

Also, I don't believe there exists a business Citi Advantage Amex.

There have been reports of being approved for a business card based on your SS and another based off of your EIN, so you should be eligible to receive 3 cards, making your total 225k (75k*3).
Happy, read the post above. Happy, what you say cannot be done according to dinosims
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:13 pm

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Applied for 75k card - instant approval
Applied for 75k business card - under review
Wife applied for 75k card - under review

In the last 3 weeks I've gotten the CO Chase 50k card and AmEx Gold 25k.
In the last 2 weeks wife has gotten the CO Chase 50k card and AmEx Gold 25k.

We both tried the Chase United 30k and got "pending".

Just throwing that out there.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 10:49 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Originally Posted by diclemeg
Happy, read the post above. Happy, what you say cannot be done according to dinosims
I'm not disagreeing with Happy, I'm just saying what's applicable to your situation. If you had applied for the personal visa and amex on the same day, you could have then applied for the business visa 90 days later, and gotten 3x75k points (as I did).
Old Mar 20, 2011, 7:07 am

Programs: No preference
Post #2 ...

If you've already got the AMEX (or Visa), then you will not be able to get another personal card. You'll be able to get at least one business card still though.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM
Datapoint:
I've had every Citi AA card before except for Citi personal Visa. Applied last fall for 100k Citi Biz Visa and approved. Denied for pers Visa at same time. Denied for pers visa ~75 days later. Called early Monday March 14th and spoke with someone out of the country. I was told a decision could not be made at that time. Got a call Wednesday saying I was approved for the 75k after $1500 spend. Received card Friday.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by AAUSTEX
Datapoint:
I've had every Citi AA card before except for Citi personal Visa. Applied last fall for 100k Citi Biz Visa and approved. Denied for pers Visa at same time. Denied for pers visa ~75 days later. Called early Monday March 14th and spoke with someone out of the country. I was told a decision could not be made at that time. Got a call Wednesday saying I was approved for the 75k after $1500 spend. Received card Friday.
Can you tell us when your last personal bonus was awarded to you?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow. Ok so now I already have the personal Citi Aadvantage Amex. I also have a EIN for a Corp. So from these latest posts I can

... Get a personal Citi Aadvantage Visa and 75,000
.... get a business Citi Aadvantage Visa and 75000 using my SS
.....also get a business Citi Aadvantage Amex and 75000 using the EIN of the Corp.
.....also get a business Citi Aadvantage Visa and 75000 using the EIN of the Corp.

and net a whopping total of 375000 (75000 x 5) all to my sole Aadvantage Frequent Flyer account????
What you asked and what I replied, refer to 3 AA bonuses - 2 from personal cards (applied at the same time) and 1 business card applied 90+ days after the personal cards.

Many many many people have been able to receive 2 personal cards and 1 business card when done in proper methodology as explained very clearly in Post No.2. And this is what I referred to because that is what you asked - "Can I get all 3 bonuses to one same AAdvantage Account?" The answer is an affirmative YES. However the way you handled your application precludes you to get a 2nd personal card, again explained clearly in Post No.2.

In theory if you can get 5 cards, yes, all 5 bonuses can go to a single AA account. Unfortunately you would not be able to get 5 cards - not because of the AA account, but Citi would NOT approve your additional applications.

What you conjure up in your mind is something different - like an exponential effect from the original question.

No, you cannot achieve the scenario in your mind simply because you cannot get 5 AA cards.

For the starter, there is no AMEX Biz card version AFAIK.

Secondly, very few successful cases have been reported for 2 business cards even with SSN and EIN. The successful cases seem to have the first biz card opened long before, a Biz MC and then another Biz card in this promo. Far more commonly reported is, people are turned down for the 2nd business card application even with legitimate different businesses.

In other words the optimal outcome is 2 personal cards and 1 business card - all bonuses go to the same AA account as others once again affirm that scenario. Yours truly included although in reverse order.

In your own situation, you would not get a 2nd personal card because you have not followed the methodology laid out in Post No.2. However you should be able to get a business card and if you are very very lucky you can get a 2nd business card at least 90+ days AFTER the first business card application.

Others have also given you more detailed answer.

Again, what you initially asked is very different from what you later "dream" up.

This thing cannot be extrapolated... As much as YMMV, there are still some observed and proven "rules" to follow in order to maximize the success rate. Doing it randomly without carefully study the first page of the thread (which luckily has someone meticulously update it to the latest data points) at your own peril.

Last edited by Happy; Mar 20, 2011 at 3:52 pm
Old Mar 20, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
What you asked and what I replied, refer to 3 AA bonuses - 2 from personal cards (applied at the same time) and 1 business card applied 90+ days after the personal cards.

Many many many people have been able to receive 2 personal cards and 1 business card when done in proper methodology as explained very clearly in Post No.2. And this is what I referred to because that is what you asked - "Can I get all 3 bonuses to one same AAdvantage Account?" The answer is an affirmative YES. However the way you handled your application precludes you to get a 2nd personal card, again explained clearly in Post No.2.

In theory if you can get 5 cards, yes, all 5 bonuses can go to a single AA account. Unfortunately you would not be able to get 5 cards - not because of the AA account, but Citi would NOT approve your additional applications.

What you conjure up in your mind is something different - like an exponential effect from the original question.

No, you cannot achieve the scenario in your mind simply because you cannot get 5 AA cards.

For the starter, there is no AMEX Biz card version AFAIK.

Secondly, very few successful cases have been reported for 2 business cards even with SSN and EIN. The successful cases seem to have the first biz card opened long before, a Biz MC and then another Biz card in this promo. Far more commonly reported is, people are turned down for the 2nd business card application even with legitimate different businesses.

In other words the optimal outcome is 2 personal cards and 1 business card - all bonuses go to the same AA account as others once again affirm that scenario. Yours truly included although in reverse order.

In your own situation, you would not get a 2nd personal card because you have not followed the methodology laid out in Post No.2. However you should be able to get a business card and if you are very very lucky you can get a 2nd business card at least 90+ days AFTER the first business card application.

Others have also given you more detailed answer.

Again, what you initially asked is very different from what you later "dream" up.

This thing cannot be extrapolated... As much as YMMV, there are still some observed and proven "rules" to follow in order to maximize the success rate. Doing it randomly without carefully study the first page of the thread (which luckily has someone meticulously update it to the latest data points) at your own peril.
Ok. thanks for the info.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 10:24 pm

FYI received AMEX and confirmed with rep that 100k bonus (50/50) is on the card.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by Digable
FYI received AMEX and confirmed with rep that 100k bonus (50/50) is on the card.
Thank you for the datapoint. Since there never was a promo page for this and few people apply for this card, i always wonder if it still works.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by kendenton
Applied for 75k card - instant approval
Applied for 75k business card - under review
Wife applied for 75k card - under review

In the last 3 weeks I've gotten the CO Chase 50k card and AmEx Gold 25k.
In the last 2 weeks wife has gotten the CO Chase 50k card and AmEx Gold 25k.

We both tried the Chase United 30k and got "pending".

Just throwing that out there.
Update - called this morning for both my AA Business card and the wife's AA personal card. Both approved
Old Mar 21, 2011, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by kendenton
Update - called this morning for both my AA Business card and the wife's AA personal card. Both approved
What were they reviewing? I got under review as well, wondering if they needed additional info form you or what?

I think they want to verify address, I used my home address, hope that will work.

--wes
Old Mar 21, 2011, 12:50 pm

any one got the 75K miles from citi already?

how long does it take after spending the requested money??
Old Mar 21, 2011, 1:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Originally Posted by Happy
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you will join us
And travel in F class again
Old Mar 21, 2011, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by wesmanz
What were they reviewing? I got under review as well, wondering if they needed additional info form you or what?

I think they want to verify address, I used my home address, hope that will work.

--wes
Just verifying info. When my wife called for her status, they were surprised she called - she had already been approved.

Now, what to do with 225,000 miles...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.