[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2011, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by rover4618
I just got through applying for and receiving a personal and business Venture card and also received a new FIA Spirit card so everything told me I'll be declined if I apply.

I fished around the links in post #2 and there was no mention of the 75,000 miles and I also had all the Citicards in the past. But after a while of reading the posts and thinking " Man, FlyerTalk has always done right by me so I took the leap of faith.

No instant approval but I can tell you that I called today and the CSR confirmed the deal as stated, 75,000 for both cards (personal). She took some more information and said I'll know within 7 days.

If I get this ...be ready for a BIG BOO-YAH !! ^

No Boo-Yah only a Boo-hoo. Got turned down today because they said it is for first time card holders only,

Last time I had one was 2008
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: OnePass, AA
I was a latecomer, nervous about the bonus, but the deal seems to be alive. I used the first group of links, applied for the two personal cards on 4/18, instantly approved, got the amex card in the mail today and re-confirmed the 75,000 mile bonus with $1,500 spend in 6 months.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:45 pm

Sorry if this has been covered, but does Citi let you specify the closing date of the statement when you activate the card, and how soon can you have it close?

I'm trying to figure out if there is any shot at getting miles to post by 5/4. I would be applying for the business visa and could meet the spend requirement quickly. Well, if they give me a credit line larger than the spend requirement anyway.

My issue is I'm trying to do the matching for the Capital One card and messed up the timing, such that the I need to send C1 my statement by 5/4, but I have 50k bonus miles posting around 5/7. I'm at 63k miles now so I'm just trying to figure out any way to push that closer to 100k before the deadline.

Thanks.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA lifetime platinum, Jet Blue Mosaic
Originally Posted by facula
Sorry if this has been covered, but does Citi let you specify the closing date of the statement when you activate the card, and how soon can you have it close?

I'm trying to figure out if there is any shot at getting miles to post by 5/4. I would be applying for the business visa and could meet the spend requirement quickly. Well, if they give me a credit line larger than the spend requirement anyway.

thanks.
Citi allows you to select your statement closing date, but I think it is only after receiving the first statment. Call Citi, there is nothing underhanded about this.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:55 pm

I'm curious why they turn you down for the card if you've already had the bonus miles. Wouldn't it seem sensible to just let you have the card minus the bonus? I mean -- what if you just wanted the card, even without a bonus?
Old Apr 22, 2011, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by johndoe123
I'm curious why they turn you down for the card if you've already had the bonus miles. Wouldn't it seem sensible to just let you have the card minus the bonus? I mean -- what if you just wanted the card, even without a bonus?

I haven't heard if they are turning down people just for the 75K offer and still letting some churning go on the 30K offer.

I'm guessing they figure if you apply through a link expecting miles it's easier to turn you down than go through the hassle of not giving the miles, I haven't heard of anyone who got turned down just asking for the card without the miles.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 9:14 pm

Am I too late?

Was hoping to do this but not sure this deal is still working. When I click any set of links it just takes me to the application page, not on the page where it shows the 75,000 miles promotion. Is it better to just call?
Old Apr 22, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA, BA, CO, US
Originally Posted by eucalyptic
Was hoping to do this but not sure this deal is still working. When I click any set of links it just takes me to the application page, not on the page where it shows the 75,000 miles promotion. Is it better to just call?
Re-read the 2nd post.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 9:31 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Welcome to FT! As you'll see from hundreds of posts in this thread, follow the instructions in post #2 exactly. The links denoted as still working have within the past two or three days been reported as still working. There are no guarantees, but from following this thread for months, I can only tell you that if the links no longer worked, post #2 would be modified to reflect this.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 9:32 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Welcome to FT! As you'll see from hundreds of posts in this thread, follow the instructions in post #2 exactly. The links denoted as still working have within the past two or three days been reported as still working. There are no guarantees, but from following this thread for months, I can only tell you that if the links no longer worked, post #2 would be modified to reflect this.

Gotcha! Thanks to the last two posters.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 6:44 am

sorry for my ignorance. By post #2 do you mean the second post on the FIRST page goping all the way back to mid 2010?? ot something else? thanks
Old Apr 23, 2011, 7:04 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by finarg
sorry for my ignorance. By post #2 do you mean the second post on the FIRST page goping all the way back to mid 2010?? ot something else? thanks
Yes (check the last edited date)
Old Apr 23, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
Yes (check the last edited date)
Yes, post #2 on the first page is being continually updated with the status of these deals.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
In a mad panic to get more AA miles before the elusive door to million-miler status swings shut on me. Just applied for the two personal cards and got approved for both--75k mile bonus confirmed by phone and chat agent on each. I was able to churn once before the whole churning thing went away, so people might want to hurry if they want to take advantage of this, because apparently I'm a jinx.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 4:28 pm

question

I've had a Citi AA visa for at least 5 years but in December 2010 I switched to another Citi non-AA card. Can I still get the Citi AmEx or Visa AA personal cards and get the 75k miles for each card? Or am I limited to only a business card with the promotion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.