Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ecruz010
Guys just wanted to let you know that I was Approved for the Amex AA too today!

Applied for Citi AA personal Visa/Amex today, called Citi, was approved for both!(I made two different phone calls of course)
Congrats!! Just to confirm, both Visa and Amex is for the 75k right?
Old May 1, 2011, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by achuang24
Congrats!! Just to confirm, both Visa and Amex is for the 75k right?
Yes, I applied for both 75k offers.
Old May 1, 2011, 5:58 pm

75000 mile offer denied

Hi everyone. This is an awesome site!! Please forgive me if this has already been answered, but I'm typing on my cell phone and I could not read all of the posts without going blind!

I am an independent contractor and was denied for the 75000 Citi card in February since they said they could not "verify my business". While I don't have a typical business, I am self employed which is essentially the same as owning a business. I did not even consider trying to dispute their denial at the time. Do you all have any suggestions for me to get them to reconsider this long after the expiration of the offer?

Thank you for your help.
Old May 1, 2011, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by dwbc153
Hi everyone. This is an awesome site!! Please forgive me if this has already been answered, but I'm typing on my cell phone and I could not read all of the posts without going blind!

I am an independent contractor and was denied for the 75000 Citi card in February since they said they could not "verify my business". While I don't have a typical business, I am self employed which is essentially the same as owning a business. I did not even consider trying to dispute their denial at the time. Do you all have any suggestions for me to get them to reconsider this long after the expiration of the offer?

Thank you for your help.
You'll likely have to re-apply. Did you follow-up with them on the reason for denial? I wasn't approved initially, and I called to follow up, all they needed was to verify address via phone bill, electric bill etc

--wes
Old May 1, 2011, 7:54 pm

Second Post

I clicked a couple of the links on the second post in order to reapply for the 75000 card, but I could find nothing on the application referring to the 75000 award. How do I know if I will receive ANYTHING at all?
Old May 1, 2011, 8:29 pm

I clicked a couple of the links on the second post in order to reapply for the 75000 card, but I could find nothing on the application referring to the 75000 award. How do I know if I will receive ANYTHING at all?
If you read the post carefully, you will see the offer is not spelled out in the application page but rather you have to call customer service to verify and confirm if you have doubts. It works as I have not read anyone reporting that link brought a different offer.
Old May 1, 2011, 10:14 pm

Thank you for your help.
Just re apply! I was given the verification run around from my app back in January and gave up. Just a few days ago I tried again only added my middle initial to my business name, whithin a few days I got the congrats email....easy.
Old May 2, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: AA, BA, CO
I applies for 75K visa and amex under personal name. Got approved only for Visa.

I now have my own business. Incorporated 5 days ago.

Can I apply for the business card now? or should I still wait a month or 2 to be sure I get approved?

Business address is the same as home, so they have it. Name is different though.

what should I do?
thanks.
Old May 2, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA, BA, CO, US
Originally Posted by Igor718
I applies for 75K visa and amex under personal name. Got approved only for Visa.

Can I apply for the business card now? or should I still wait a month or 2 to be sure I get approved?

Business address is the same as home, so they have it. Name is different though.

what should I do?
thanks.
Read post 2.
Old May 2, 2011, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Igor718

what should I do?
thanks.
Citi's personal and business card approval department is separate so you are ok there. However, you might get rejected due to too many credit pulls recently. Wait a month or two if you can.
Old May 2, 2011, 9:30 am

Last approval was Dec 2009.

Applied Jan 2011, denied, first time cardholders only.

Applied May 2011, approved x2.
Old May 2, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: A few
Back in from the cold

Applied for 75k VISA and Amex

VISA is approved and confirmed bonus

Amex requires more processing but sounds promising

Existing card holder, last approved in October 2009 just as the gig was ending
Old May 2, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
is there a pattern forming? 16 or 18 months from last approval? Or it remains an extreme case of YMMV?
Old May 2, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by gpapadop
is there a pattern forming? 16 or 18 months from last approval? Or it remains an extreme case of YMMV?
I'm going to go with the latter. Because I got denied on the Amex. I am going to appeal but she said it was because of a judgment on my record. Which is true, but then they approved the Visa at the same time with 12k limit. However I do have an existing Amex that is not canceled, and initially she said it was because it was for new accounts only. So for sure no sensible, discernible pattern. Still I took a gamble applying and worth it for 75k, going to see if I can pull out the 150k.
Old May 2, 2011, 6:12 pm

no verification info

I applied for the business visa even though I don't own a business. I was asked to call Citi to verify information. They told me over the phone that I need to provide two of the following:

business bank statement
business license
article of incorporation
property insurance statemen

I had read in this thread previously that people were able to send in their personal bank statements and electricity bills as proof, but I was not offered that option. Is there anyway to get around these requirements? Obviously no big deal if I don't get it, but it'd be nice if I do

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.