Originally Posted by vrmz123
When can I apply for a Citi card? 60 days after
My last approved citi application date
Or 60 days after I apply and get the message from citi too
Many recent cards ?
Do I have to take into account any non citicards
Opened during the 60 day period?
Thanks
I had a Citibank AA Visa and applied for the Hilton card less than 60 days later..no problems with approval. I had applied and received the AA Visa card last year...but cancelled it in February due to frustrations with their customer service on my Hilton card. I vowed never to do business with them again....

But I saw the AA Amex Ex 75K link seemed to be working...so I tried to apply for that one. Denied! Because I had previously received the AA Visa they said I could only have one AA product...either Visa or Amex Ex. Kinda figured that would happen but I tried anyway.

The rep did tell me I was welcome to try again in the future but would not give me an idea of when. So I have marked my calender to wait a full year from the time I cancelled and hope they have a decent bonus!!
Old May 6, 2011, 5:27 pm

SO what is the rule for Citi personal cards
Old May 6, 2011, 6:13 pm

I had a citi visa last year, which I cancelled at the end of last year. I just tried for the 75k amex and got the dreaded: "We will contact you within a week via email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi Select® / AAdvantage® American Express® card."

I assume this means I will get denied for not being a first time cardholder.

Should I try for the 75k visa today too, or will it also be denied for the same reason?
Old May 6, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by flyer4512
I don't want to hijack this thread but what is the Chase rule ? I have heard 6 months. (snip)
There is no Chase rule. I've received 3 Chase cards within 6 months (pushing my luck w/a 4th). If your specific case/score/$$ is good, you'll get the cards.

Originally Posted by vrmz123
SO what is the rule for Citi personal cards
There is a huge thread on this so please search there. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-up-bonus.html

Personally I got Visa and AmEx minutes from each other, and Biz a few months later.
Old May 6, 2011, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
75K Posted

Applied last week for the AMEX. Got the card Tuesday afternoon, hit the $1500 that night. 75K posted today. Very nice! I thought I would have to wait till the statement close.. THANK YOU FLYERTALK!
Old May 6, 2011, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat
an additional post. interesting...perhaps odd...perhaps lucky...story.

i applied last week and after a few days got approved. same terms and conditions as noted above. great!!!

about a month ago I requested a new AA citibusiness card with my incorporation name on it (same name, just Inc. added). Citi made me fill out a form requesting new card with change (I have similar biz card with Chase...no process, just a request for new cards and received within days). I went through Citi process. it was denied as revised card...they required that I re-apply with "new" name and go through entire approval process. they refunded my annual fee (nice). they would offer 20K miles if approved (not so nice). seemed odd.

in meantime, found this threat, applied under new Inc. and was approved for the 75K miles and waived annual fee. This entire CC situation has become very odd : )
Old May 7, 2011, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 2P, SPG Gold
I applied for and got a few of the 30,000 k promos last year, but have not applied since then. Will i qualify again as a "new" customer?
Old May 7, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: Some.
Originally Posted by cStyle
I applied for and got a few of the 30,000 k promos last year, but have not applied since then. Will i qualify again as a "new" customer?
18+ months.
Old May 7, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Successful Churn Criteria

So this is what I'm seeing in the thread. Please correct or augment.

Citi Personal

Churning appears to be limited to every 18 months.

Citi Business

Churning appears to be limited to every 90 days.

The question I still have is whether this is from the date of prior application or prior closure?
Old May 7, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by CVG_Kid

The question I still have is whether this is from the date of prior application or prior closure?
I am but one data point, but I have not closed any of my old accounts and got approved. Wife did not get approved and her existing accounts are more recent (got the existing cardmember declines)
Old May 7, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
I am looking at getting the personal AA Citi card as well as one for my business. Can you set up the business card to have the miles post to your personal AAdvantage account or are they transferable?
Old May 7, 2011, 11:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Maui Time
I am looking at getting the personal AA Citi card as well as one for my business. Can you set up the business card to have the miles post to your personal AAdvantage account
Yes, use the same AA # on both apps
Old May 7, 2011, 11:48 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
Thanks Stoughton
Old May 7, 2011, 1:10 pm

Not every 18 months. I applied last month (it has been 19 months since last personal application) and I was still denied for not being a first-time applicant. So YMMV.

Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
So this is what I'm seeing in the thread. Please correct or augment.

Citi Personal

Churning appears to be limited to every 18 months.

Citi Business

Churning appears to be limited to every 90 days.

Old May 7, 2011, 3:27 pm

My husband and I applied for both the AA personal cards and I was instantly approved and he was told to wait a week (even though the only difference on our applications was employer; we have almost identical credit).

He received an email yesterday saying they were "unable to verify your residential address, telephone number, and/or employment/income."

They want him to send in a phone bill, copy of a bank statement, and a copy of his pay stub.

What we're wondering is will he be rejected if the pay stub amount does not match what the household income was on our application? We get more income than what is written on his pay stub, but it would be very difficult to show written proof of it without a lot of running around and paperwork, though it is clearly displayed on the copy of the bank statement we will be supplying.

So do you think we'll be okay with just the pay stub, or should we try and get more paperwork? Thanks for any help you can give!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.