Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
The questions in this thread kill me.
Like most threads in MilesBuzz - this would be about 5 posts long if people actually bothered to engage their brain and do a bit of reading. And avoid posting juvenile chat-room drivel like "I just applied - hope I get approved!"

Old Jun 2, 2011, 5:22 pm

Declined for Citi AAdvantage

My husband was declined for the Citi AAdvantage for the reason 'too few satisfactory credit references were recorded on your credit bureau report.'
His credit score is aprox 730 but he has only had credit for about 4 yrs, so I'm assuming that is why. He called the reconsideration line, but it was a no go. We'll now probably write in to the CitiBank Executive Review Department, as advised in the 2nd post on this thread. Just wondering what our chances are for being approved. If anyone else has dealt with this I'd appreciate your feedback. Thanks
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:18 pm

Can I still apply for the 75K bonus card now or is the offer over?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by gmid2006
Can I still apply for the 75K bonus card now or is the offer over?
Yes you can still apply--as you'll see from the last few pages of the thread it has still worked recently for many people. Just use the links in (and read) post 2.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:56 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by seafoamgreen
My husband was declined for the Citi AAdvantage for the reason 'too few satisfactory credit references were recorded on your credit bureau report.'
His credit score is aprox 730 but he has only had credit for about 4 yrs, so I'm assuming that is why. He called the reconsideration line, but it was a no go. We'll now probably write in to the CitiBank Executive Review Department, as advised in the 2nd post on this thread. Just wondering what our chances are for being approved. If anyone else has dealt with this I'd appreciate your feedback. Thanks
I applied for visa and amex a month or so ago. Got approved for the visa but declined for the amex due to a judgement. wrote to the executive review department on monday this week, got a call from a very nice lady last night saying she was putting in for review, and she called back tonight to say it had been approved. so another 75k on it's way to my place! well worth a try.....
Old Jun 3, 2011, 10:47 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
I applied in Dec 2010 for the personal visa and got approved. I applied again Feb 2011 for personal Amex, got disapproved for having a visa AA already. How long should I wait before trying to apply for the personal Amex AA again? Should I close the personal visa first?
Old Jun 3, 2011, 10:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by opus2002
I applied in Dec 2010 for the personal visa and got approved. I applied again Feb 2011 for personal Amex, got disapproved for having a visa AA already. How long should I wait before trying to apply for the personal Amex AA again? Should I close the personal visa first?
12-18 months
Old Jun 3, 2011, 2:26 pm

Back in Nov I applied for both personal cards and got approved. If I apply now for business card, will it go through?
Old Jun 3, 2011, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by heythere55
Back in Nov I applied for both personal cards and got approved. If I apply now for business card, will it go through?
You should be fine if it is more than 90 days since your last application for a Citi AA card. Many have been good after about 60 days.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by fedka78
Yes you can still apply--as you'll see from the last few pages of the thread it has still worked recently for many people. Just use the links in (and read) post 2.
Thanks.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stoughton
You can't

Have faith - 400 pages of posts and I don't remember seeing any where people didn't get the expected promo - UNLESS they selected the wrong link (Typically the $4k spend version vs the $1.5k)
But they should still get the bonus once $4K spend is met within 6 months.

As long as the application pages remain working, the offers are working as the offer codes are inbedded in the link - that is how offers work. When the offer is truly terminated, they take down the application page.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 7:14 pm
OTS

Originally Posted by Happy
But they should still get the bonus once $4K spend is met within 6 months.

As long as the application pages remain working, the offers are working as the offer codes are inbedded in the link - that is how offers work. When the offer is truly terminated, they take down the application page.
Happy,

Are you saying it doesn't matter which offer you choose as long as you meet the spend requirement for the link you click on.

Thanks for the help.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OTS
Happy,

Are you saying it doesn't matter which offer you choose as long as you meet the spend requirement for the link you click on.

Thanks for the help.
Correct.

And the 4K offer actually had a good offer page that was available to the public during the offer valid period.

With both Citi and Chase, as long as you applied through a valid offer link you would get THAT offer's bonus provided you meet the conditions of THAT offer.

Not so with AMEX which has a myriad of offers out there that do NOT have a specific link but with manual codes. It often is a guessing / chasing game.

Last edited by Happy; Jun 3, 2011 at 7:25 pm
Old Jun 3, 2011, 8:01 pm

Hi Ma91pmh,

The exactly same happened to me too. Could you please tell me what is the address for executive review department and what did you say in your complaint?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I applied for visa and amex a month or so ago. Got approved for the visa but declined for the amex due to a judgement. wrote to the executive review department on monday this week, got a call from a very nice lady last night saying she was putting in for review, and she called back tonight to say it had been approved. so another 75k on it's way to my place! well worth a try.....
Old Jun 3, 2011, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jwei47
Hi Ma91pmh,

The exactly same happened to me too. Could you please tell me what is the address for executive review department and what did you say in your complaint?

Thanks.
Have you read Post No.2?

The address is right there.

It is sad that so many asked questions that are already addressed in Post No.2 as a pseudo Wiki which is diligently updated by jcmitchell21 whom the newbies hardly bother to thank...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.