Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: AA EXP
Just wondering if anyone was able to make their flight? My flights are in October.
mrhocA and Elena2611 like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: OW
Originally Posted by Elena2611
no idea, my booking is still alive on Booking.com. But they have changed my flights on Iberia Website and they are not the same I can see in my Booking.com Profile, so I think they will be cancelled soon…

Still have my other tickets (950 euros) alive and confirmed on Iberia website. Does anyone have this booking cancelled or knows anyone that could fly with this tickets?
Haven't received a cancellation yet from Booking.com - interestingly my GRU-SCL flight has been cancelled (new flight number) and I have been downgraded from J to PE. Haven't accepted any changes yet but all legs appear in booking.com / IB and LATAM (with the latter 2 pushing me to accept the new flight).

EDIT - as it turns out - I can't actually accept the new flight and need to call up - that should be fun

I also have a 950 eur booking direct with IB - still looks ok...
L1011UL likes this.

Last edited by eh220160; Jun 27, 2022 at 9:43 am
Old Jun 27, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by eh220160
Haven't received a cancellation yet from Booking.com - interestingly my GRU-SCL flight has been cancelled (new flight number) and I have been downgraded from J to PE. Haven't accepted any changes yet but all legs appear in booking.com / IB and LATAM (with the latter 2 pushing me to accept the new flight).

Was the aircraft type changed from a widebody to an A320? I think they don't sell J on the narrowbodies?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: OW
Originally Posted by mrhocA
Was the aircraft type changed from a widebody to an A320? I think they don't sell J on the narrowbodies?
Yep exactly that - cancellation / new flight no. (dep 10 mins later) rather than a simple equipment change. It's not that big of a deal in this context but just thought it was an interesting DP as it would suggest it is still very much live (for now!) - when I first read "cancellation" I initially feared the worst...
mrhocA likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:02 am

Folks a quick update for anyone interested, there is already a group with nearly 300 people and growing organizing. These as expected is mainly Spanish speakers folks so the group is in Spanish.

Two main routes seems to be going through:

- An expedited demand under Chilean laws. Several people already presented this demand as of last Friday and more today. There seems to be a chance to join a joint demand too relatively easily. This path offers a relatively quick turnaround.

- With the cancellations now coming in large amounts, this also opens the doors for a joint demand in Spain. Still not very clear here the lawyers that will be used, etc.

- Several news outlet in Chile and Spain might pick this up, considering the amount of people involved and they had been notified by multiple sources.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:03 am

Yep exactly that - cancellation / new flight no. (dep 10 mins later) rather than a simple equipment change. It's not that big of a deal in this context but just thought it was an interesting DP as it would suggest it is still very much live (for now!) - when I first read "cancellation" I initially feared the worst...
I am in the same case as you, booking on Booking.com still does not reflect the new flight schedule (Latam and Iberia do, although the latter does not let me confirm the change from their page... I suppose that the tickets are still alive but it can change anytime…

Lets hope the honor the 950 eur flights
eh220160 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by ComandantePuchinetta

- An expedited demand under Chilean laws. Several people already presented this demand as of last Friday and more today. There seems to be a chance to join a joint demand too relatively easily. This path offers a relatively quick turnaround.

- With the cancellations now coming in large amounts, this also opens the doors for a joint demand in Spain. Still not very clear here the lawyers that will be used, etc.
How can non-Spanish speakers join this?
palmanfr and megaloman like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
How can non-Spanish speakers join this?
You can just use a translator app
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: IB Platinum, TAP Gold, HH Diamond, Accor LL Gold
Yep same for me, downgraded to PE and outbound LATAM flight got cancelled, however OTA and IB say I'm still good to go and thus unable to rebook me.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Folks a quick update for anyone interested, there is already a group with nearly 300 people and growing organizing. These as expected is mainly Spanish speakers folks so the group is in Spanish.

- Several news outlet in Chile and Spain might pick this up, considering the amount of people involved and they had been notified by multiple sources.
Where do we find the info about these groups? How can one join?
palmanfr likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:43 pm

MyTrip now showing both my itineraries cancelled and I have apparently contacted LATAM for a refund which is in progress lol
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:33 pm

I'd love to join, but with the ticket already canceled by the OTA - I wonder if that's an option.
In any case - care to share the contact info?
palmanfr likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:04 pm

Programs: Executive Club

EDIT - as it turns out - I can't actually accept the new flight and need to call up - that should be fun

The same has also happened to me! The first leg of my SCL-MAD return (SCL-GRU) has been cancelled and I have been "pre-booked" (in Iberia's words) to an alternative flight that leaves half an hour later. Everything else still looks okay. I'm also unable to confirm any news changes on Iberia.com.

Did you end up ringing them? I've been wondering what the best course of action to follow would be...
Elena2611 likes this.

Last edited by L1011UL; Jun 27, 2022 at 8:09 pm
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:55 pm

Programs: QF; VA; AS
Originally Posted by seantheman
MyTrip now showing both my itineraries cancelled and I have apparently contacted LATAM for a refund which is in progress lol
My flights were also cancelled. Flight Network, my OTA, informed me first that the flights were cancelled by me. When challenged on that the said the flights were in fact cancelled by Latam due to bad weather.

I know weather forecasting has improved in the last decade or so but my flights are not for another 7 months...
palmanfr, pmarrsouth, nk15 and 4 others like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Scottyrocket
My flights were also cancelled. Flight Network, my OTA, informed me first that the flights were cancelled by me. When challenged on that the said the flights were in fact cancelled by Latam due to bad weather.

I know weather forecasting has improved in the last decade or so but my flights are not for another 7 months...
The clown OTAs are adorable...They probably have a random lie generator in their software...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.