Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2022, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
As you can see, the default position of these two weasels (OTA + LATAM) seems to be to secretly invalidate the ticket, and then say nothing to you and keep your money and wait indefinitely, until you find out yourself, and have to go out of your way to try to reach them with great effort, and then maybe slowly initiate a refund that could take a couple of months to reach you, if all goes well....

In short, you don't have a ticket, but nobody is in a hurry to refund your money. They just enjoy your free money loan...

Now I am wondering, is there a risk from the LATAM bankruptcy restructuring that we will lose our money? Should we ask for refunds sooner?
I was actually charged by booking.com. Will wait a week and then initiate a chargeback (unfortunately used not the best card for that, shame on me, but we'll see)
nk15 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by tr3k
I was actually charged by booking.com. Will wait a week and then initiate a chargeback (unfortunately used not the best card for that, shame on me, but we'll see)
Yes, me too, good point, so at least that protects us against LATAM bankruptcy issues. Priceline purchases were through LATAM directly, but these seem to have been initiated, as per emails, so that sounds fine, too.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:55 pm

Yes, me too, good point, so at least that protects us against LATAM bankruptcy issues. Priceline purchases were through LATAM directly, but these seem to have been initiated, as per emails, so that sounds fine, too.
Curiously, in the booking page on booking.com website it just says "canceled". However if I open the same booking in the iOS app, it explicitly shows "your issued refund" with the total amount showing as refunded, and "you can expect to see the refund in 3 to 5 business days". Don't know if this is a standard text or the actual request state, but took a screen capture. Should help my chargeback case.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:12 am

All my booking.com tickets appear fine on the booking.com website, but I cannot pull them up on the IB site (and I could before). On the LATAM website I can pull them up initially, but then after further clicking they disappear and says call the airline. I believe that at least in my case they are zombie tickets, already invalidated, but not fully cancelled.

Yes, I hereby present to you the zombie ticket metaphor, lol...
I wish I had zombie tickets as well, because everything seems ok in my reservation but I dont have many hopes reading all this forum...

the thing is that my tickets are alive in booking Website, Booking app, and they appear on Iberia site as confirmed and also on Latam site… and My other Iberia reservation appears as confirmed as well on iberia site.
Scottyrocket likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:15 am

Good day to all, I wanted to share an update and some information that might be useful for others:

All investigations done in Spain.

Lawyers Feedback:

I been talking to a number of legal advisors from specialized to non specialized. Feedback has been a bit of a mix here, from lawyers saying that this is a lost cause to lawyers saying that this is 100% binding and a lost cause for the airlines.

I have shared the information of this thread and some lawyers and organizations are reviewing this thread. Expecting some feedback hopefully this week as some are considering offerings their services for a demand.

Probably a good idea to like this post or something if you might be interested in joining so they can somehow count and contact anyone that might be interested.

Jurisprudence in Spain:

One of the things that bothered me the most was the very different answers received along the way. Most important questions are:

- Can any company claim online error to void a fully contracted service? If so, what are the implications? Time, price difference? Type of product/service?

- Are there any previous rulings that can indicate us where things stand in case of going this path?

I had to do a little bit of further digging and I´m no expert on this whatsoever but most of the information I found (plenty of links available) point to an historical 50/50 situation.

So basically there are rulings on either side for the last years.

BUT if you read till here we have some good news for you folks.

There is a recent incident where a very large store (FNAC) sold thousands of high end mobile phones with a price error. If I got the information right, the store offered some alternatives but a relatively small number of people (30) went full speed ahead with a demand, and they WON.

This links contains a bit of all the history summarized: https://rodaabogados.com/blog/cancel...-error-precio/

I also invite you to Google: "FNAC error precio" you will find many hits.

All this happened in Spain, more precisely Madrid. Like I said at the begging and while I´m not an expert but I think this could be potentially good news.
dvs7310, Keter, palmanfr and 8 others like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:10 am

As I have read in a wasap group created by some people who have Booking.com reservations, it seems that Booking.com is sending masive cancellatios this morning…
nk15 and ComandantePuchinetta like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by Elena2611
it seems that Booking.com is sending masive cancellatios this morning…
Yeah got a cancellation email today. On latam my booking is still alive with all flights. On iberia only the MAD-GRU segment (It's a MAD-SCL round trip via GRU on outbound) is there. I think these just might be 'Zombie' bookings - welp nothing we can do right?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by JetwayLife
Yeah got a cancellation email today. On latam my booking is still alive with all flights. On iberia only the MAD-GRU segment (It's a MAD-SCL round trip via GRU on outbound) is there. I think these just might be 'Zombie' bookings - welp nothing we can do right?
no idea, my booking is still alive on Booking.com. But they have changed my flights on Iberia Website and they are not the same I can see in my Booking.com Profile, so I think they will be cancelled soon…

Still have my other tickets (950 euros) alive and confirmed on Iberia website. Does anyone have this booking cancelled or knows anyone that could fly with this tickets?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:22 am

Hi Elena2611 how can we get added to the Whatsapp Group?

I got my Booking cancellation today too. I have also talked to the team than handled the FNAC case and pending a reply if they are willing to work on this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by ComandantePuchinetta
Hi Elena2611 how can we get added to the Whatsapp Group?

I got my Booking cancellation today too. I have also talked to the team than handled the FNAC case and pending a reply if they are willing to work on this.
the group is in Spanish and I have the feeling that they are not very well organized. they are signing up for a list, I think, to demand in Chile… The truth is that I trust much more of the people who have won the Fnac case.

I leave here the link of the group in case anyone is interested (it's all from people who have bought through Booking.com)

Last edited by Elena2611; Jun 27, 2022 at 5:07 am
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:39 am

Thanks Elena2611
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by ComandantePuchinetta
Thanks Elena2611
If you are added to the group and speak Spanish, explain the topic that you have discussed with lawyers because I think there could be many people interested, even if they demand in Chile in parallel
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: Marriott-LT Titanium; AA-LT Gold/Currently Plat Pro
I never received the second email that many got from Priceline saying that the tickets had been cancelled but I received a full refund today from Priceline without ever contacting them.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:54 am

Confusing info from booking.

Yesterday I communicated with booking.com, saying “I called the airline and my tkt was cancelled” please confirm.

This morning on my email I’ve got this reply:Thank you for your email.

Kindly be informed that there was a general incident with both airlines that cause an error in the prices offered for the flights, and because of this the airline did cancel the flight.

Please note that the airline offered only refund and once we receive it we will send it to the same payment method as soon as possible.

Best regards,

E…

But that’s not the strange part, I’ve got a call two minutes after this email was received from this agent, stating that while they were aware of this incident MY TKT was not cancelled and appears on the system correctly with both airlines.

She said that If I receive don’t receive any communication this coming week please enjoy my trip.

now I dunno what to think ..

Have a good one guys!
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: Alaska
got refund from Priceline, too.

lost a few dollar in currency...

USD is weaker now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.