Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Old Jun 25, 22, 8:40 am

Programs: OWE,*A G, Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Keter View Post
For those who has tickets with Brazil stopovers who can advise the right way to complain please? The link below is for complaints, one can select Aviation Agency as a body to complain but what is next? It only allows to select Brazil as a place of an 'incodent'. Should we just say Rio and explain the story?
https://www.gov.br/anac/pt-br/canais...ale-com-a-anac
You can use the chat, might need to add some random Brazilian phone number.
I doubt that ANAC will rule against any airline based on stopover in Brazil. My 330 euro ticket is from Spain to Brazil, only outbound is with connecting in SCL(same calendar day, less than 8 hours) and direct return flight starts from Brazil. Purchased ten days ago, eight days ago received IB and LA booking codes and ticket number from OTA. IB got fined last month for cancelling GIG-CDG USD118 tickets violating two articles in the law with no possibility to appeal the decision. For that reason I do not expect that my ticket will be cancelled, just maybe the outbound flight will be direct which is absolutely fine.
Old Jun 25, 22, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by patvd View Post
I do appreciate you trying to find a way to push the airline to honour your ticket, but lets be honest: everyone on here knows that 350 for a full flexible J ticket between Spain and South America cant be correct and its exactly this question a judge will need to answer.
The consumer organisation, I consulted, is Test Achat from Belgium, they are quite good and even won a couple of EU 261 cases against Ryanair, .
I have bookings both with Iberia and an OTA. Hoping for the Iberia to survive, but that was clearly an error as well, the way out was 475 bizz flexible and 2k-ish in bizz optima which doesnt allow changes or refund.
Are your tickets with Booking still alive? Any ot them with a Latam segment? I have alive ALL of my tickets (Iberia and Booking)
Old Jun 25, 22, 10:05 am

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Elena2611 View Post
Are your tickets with Booking still alive? Any ot them with a Latam segment? I have alive ALL of my tickets (Iberia and Booking)
All my booking.com tickets appear fine on the booking.com website, but I cannot pull them up on the IB site (and I could before). On the LATAM website I can pull them up initially, but then after further clicking they disappear and says call the airline. I believe that at least in my case they are zombie tickets, already invalidated, but not fully cancelled.

Yes, I hereby present to you the zombie ticket metaphor, lol...
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 22, 10:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (->Silver), FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
All my booking.com tickets appear fine on the booking.com website, but I cannot pull them up on the IB site (and I could before). On the LATAM website I can pull them up initially, but then after further clicking they disappear and says call the airline. I believe that at least in my case they are zombie tickets, already invalidated, but not fully cancelled.

Yes, I hereby present to you the zombie ticket metaphor, lol...

my booking.com bookings are still fine and all segments are confirmed as well and I could also reserve seats for every segment. Only strange thing is this message in the Iberia check-in section, usually I would expect a message that check-in is only possible in the 24h before departure:
Your ticket was not automatically issued by your booking agent. Please check-in at the airport to obtain your boarding passes.
Old Jun 25, 22, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by mrhocA View Post
my booking.com bookings are still fine and all segments are confirmed as well and I could also reserve seats for every segment. Only strange thing is this message in the Iberia check-in section, usually I would expect a message that check-in is only possible in the 24h before departure:
Your ticket was not automatically issued by your booking agent. Please check-in at the airport to obtain your boarding passes.
I assume you have ticket numbers, but still this is strange. Does it say what cabin the boarding passes will be in? Are they going to be special people from IB present at the gate? Will they respect your desire to keep this low key? So many unknowns...
Old Jun 25, 22, 11:28 am

I assume you have ticket numbers, but still this is strange. Does it say what cabin the boarding passes will be in? Are they going to be special people from IB present at the gate? Will they respect your desire to keep this low key? So many unknowns...
Yes I have the ticket numbers and in the Tickets obtained from Finnair it says „ok to fly“ for all segments.
I was able to reserve seats in Business and they are blocked in Expertflyer after I selected them… the message is the only red flag for now, I will just wait out for a month and then decide what to do with positioning flights.
Flying Machine and nk15 like this.

Last edited by mrhocA; Jun 25, 22 at 11:37 am
Old Jun 25, 22, 11:29 am

Delete

Last edited by mrhocA; Jun 25, 22 at 11:36 am
Old Jun 25, 22, 12:12 pm

For those with flights that include Argentina there seems to be some previous examples where the judges rules against the airlines: https://www.iprofesional.com/legales...r-en-el-precio
Flying Machine and palmanfr like this.
Old Jun 25, 22, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Nice to see some quality and informed posts of recent rather than all the bellyaching, OTA & CC bashing..
Old Jun 25, 22, 12:42 pm

Yes I have the ticket numbers and in the Tickets obtained from Finnair it says „ok to fly“ for all segments.
I was able to reserve seats in Business and they are blocked in Expertflyer after I selected them… the message is the only red flag for now, I will just wait out for a month and then decide what to do with positioning flights.
If I had intact tickets I would consider taking a risk under the following conditions:

1. Ability to position to MAD for cheap or with cheap miles.
2. All reservations at destination refundable up to the date before the stay and booked with a credit card that has insurance.
3. Have back up return ticket from S.America in J with miles (which can be cancelled and redeposited for free up right before travel, like AA miles, for example), in case there is a problem or attempted downgrade on the return.

That way you have minimum exposure, and worst case you spend a few days in MAD or Spain instead.
palmanfr likes this.
Old Jun 25, 22, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Deckter View Post
Just spoke to Booking.com/GTG, and some of their cs are truly useless. Anyway, got transferred to someone a bit brighter and he confirmed that LA cancelled the booking and made notes that only a refund is possible, no rebooking. Obviously, no communication from the OTA, I actually had to ask the guy to put this info in writing. I still have to call back and ask for a refund, it doesn't happen automatically.

Happy that I booked on IB stock as well, at least that one is intact, so I reckon it will stick.
Same experience with Booking.com/GTG. After many calls finally got someone to confirm that the ticket is "gone" (they don't know why) and initiate a refund. I suspect this will take a long time. The agent states that they will refund me after they get a refund from the airline (LATAM) - that may not be easy (although I suppose that's how it works).

The only silver lining is that GTG does not charge any "refund processing fees" if booking is made through Booking.com (which is nice, will keep in mind in the future).
nk15 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 22, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by tr3k View Post
Same experience with Booking.com/GTG. After many calls finally got someone to confirm that the ticket is "gone" (they don't know why) and initiate a refund. I suspect this will take a long time. The agent states that they will refund me after they get a refund from the airline (LATAM) - that may not be easy (although I suppose that's how it works).

The only silver lining is that GTG does not charge any "refund processing fees" if booking is made through Booking.com (which is nice, will keep in mind in the future).
As you can see, the default position of these two weasels (OTA + LATAM) seems to be to secretly invalidate the ticket, and then say nothing to you and keep your money and wait indefinitely, until you find out yourself, and have to go out of your way to try to reach them with great effort, and then maybe slowly initiate a refund that could take a couple of months to reach you, if all goes well....

In short, you don't have a ticket, but nobody is in a hurry to refund your money. They just enjoy your free money loan...

Now I am wondering, is there a risk from the LATAM bankruptcy restructuring that we will lose our money? Should we ask for refunds sooner?
tr3k likes this.
Old Jun 25, 22, 12:59 pm

If I had intact tickets I would consider taking a risk under the following conditions:

1. Ability to position to MAD for cheap or with cheap miles.
2. All reservations at destination refundable up to the date before the stay and booked with a credit card that has insurance.
3. Have back up return ticket from S.America in J with miles (which can be cancelled and redeposited for free up right before travel, like AA miles, for example), in case there is a problem or attempted downgrade on the return.

That way you have minimum exposure, and worst case you spend a few days in MAD or Spain instead.
Yes that's pretty much what I had in mind, if for some reason checking in in MAD doesn't work it's easy to have refundable arrangements with rental cars/trains or cheap flights to the spanish coast or islands and spend some days in Madrid.
Only the third point I will risk I think, if they let us board the first flight and the ticket hast started they wouldn't really leave us stranded in South America (...I hope).
Old Jun 25, 22, 1:07 pm

Yes that's pretty much what I had in mind, if for some reason checking in in MAD doesn't work it's easy to have refundable arrangements with rental cars/trains or cheap flights to the spanish coast or islands and spend some days in Madrid.
Only the third point I will risk I think, if they let us board the first flight and the ticket hast started they wouldn't really leave us stranded in South America (...I hope).
I think worst case they would likely let you return in economy, on the booked day or stand by, so if you are ok with that, it should work. Now 13 hours in a middle economy seat will be rough, I personally would be quite concerned, but I think that if you depart in J you would likely be able to return in J. Just don't touch the ticket in anyway after departure...
mrhocA likes this.
Old Jun 25, 22, 3:08 pm

I've contacted GoToGate multiple times now with no success of either fixing the ticket or a refund. Looks like I will be forced to go the credit card chargeback route.

Search this Thread