Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2021, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by Nupey10
All - Really excited that I could make Platinum this year. I've only been as high as silver for the last 5 years.

Departure Airport: ATL but will use miles to relocate anywhere
Miles Needed: 9K
MQDs Needed: $4090
Required Spend or Budget: < $1300 the cheaper the better of course
Available Travel Dates: October - December (flexible on length)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: No requirements

I can't believe that for the right price I can make Platinum!! I'm only $1010 MQDs short of Gold so I figure I might as well go for Platinum
Just completed a BCN trip on VA by relocating to SFO so using miles to relocate if needed is not a problem. Second to price of the ticket is having enough time to get covid tested to get back home so long layovers could be a factor. Thanks all
AM: SAT to MAD from $1203, 5062 MQDs
Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:44 pm
2yd

Programs: HH Silver; SPG Gold; AMX Bus Plat.; NWA BizPerks
MSP Plat/Gold Run

Well Here goes...and thanks in advance.

Departure Airport: MSP and can relocate
Miles Needed: 33k to Plat 10k to Gold
MQD satisfied
Required Spend or Budget: not really but less is more. Will spend for C+/1st if it helps
Available Travel Dates: anytime except 2nd week of Dec
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or Partners
Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by 2yd
Well Here goes...and thanks in advance.

Departure Airport: MSP and can relocate
Miles Needed: 33k to Plat 10k to Gold
MQD satisfied
Required Spend or Budget: not really but less is more. Will spend for C+/1st if it helps
Available Travel Dates: anytime except 2nd week of Dec
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or Partners
take a look at some of the recent postings on the Premium Fare deals (e.g. FAI-LIM, PHX-KWI). Adjusting it for MSP and flying in economy may be an option.

e.g. MSP - KWI, Nov 10 - 11, $1303, 25,000 MQMs, Main Cabin, 1 hour layover in KWI, use flexible data search for other date options
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:30 pm

Departure Airport: CONUS
Miles Needed: 25,000 MQM or 18 MQS
Required Spend or Budget: required spend met
Available Travel Dates: before qualify period ends. when is that Dec 31 or is there an extension?
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL but open to others

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 14, 2021, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by magsaysa
Available Travel Dates: before qualify period ends. when is that Dec 31 or is there an extension?

Thanks in advance!
It may be less expensive to get the 18 segments than the 25,000 MQMs. With the Skymiles accelerator bonus giving 1.5 segment bonus in Main Cabin, you would need only need to fly 12 segments to earn 18.

e.g. Assuming you are flying from PHL, you can pick some closer destinations that have connections:
PHL - DTW- CLT - ATL - PHL, Nov. 6, $178 (MC),
PHL- ATL- CHS- ATL - PHL, Oct. 30, $199(MC),
PHL-ATL - BNA - ATL - PHL, Nov. 2, $199 (MC)

On Delta website, use flexible date search to find desired dates

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Oct 15, 2021 at 8:32 am Reason: replace CLE with CLT (cheaper) and reformat
Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by magsaysa

Thanks in advance!

BOG run will get you 32k mqm with the promo
Old Oct 15, 2021, 9:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL Gold
Departure Airport: DTW
Miles Needed: ~6,000 MQMs,
MQDs Needed: All set on MQDs
Required Spend or Budget: As cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: December, before the holidays
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL - prefer domestic options

GM hoping to reach PM for the first time. I have a stretch of upcoming work travel which will get me over the MQD hump but leave me short roughly 5 or 6K on MQMs. Seems like my best option is a quick turnaround to the West Coast (SAN/LAX/SFO/SEA) and back, but I'm also open to more creative suggestions. The main goal is to complete this as cheaply as possible since I'm set on MQDs. Thank you in advance!
Old Oct 16, 2021, 1:27 pm

Help to Reach Gold

Help! I need to figure out flight options to help me earn Gold status on Delta before the end of the year. Most likely December flight/maybe Nov too. I'm short 19K MQMs. Any ideas flying from JFK or LGA?
Old Oct 16, 2021, 1:36 pm

Help me reach Gold Status!

Help! I need to figure out flight options to help me earn Gold status on Delta before the end of the year. Most likely December flight/maybe Nov too. Any ideas?
Departure Airport: JFK or LGA
Miles Needed: 19000 MQMs,
Required Spend or Budget: As cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: December, before the holidays
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL - prefer domestic options
Old Oct 16, 2021, 1:54 pm

Get a new DL Amex with the current promos and stay home.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 1:55 pm

lol I already have the cards.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
this was suggested in a recent (since closed) thread
Old Oct 16, 2021, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

JFK-FAI flights are as low as $98 each-way (5K miles) in BE or $123/7K in main cabin. Generates roughly 12K MQM roundtrip with accelerator promo. Out and back available 12/7 - 12/8 (revenue fares have to be booked separately to get $98 fares).
Old Oct 16, 2021, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by KarlaKW
Help! I need to figure out flight options to help me earn Gold status on Delta before the end of the year. Most likely December flight/maybe Nov too. I'm short 19K MQMs. Any ideas flying from JFK or LGA?
You could do a MR to Hawaii for as low as $545 (MC) (Dec. 7). Immediate turn and get back to JFK Dec.8. In main cabin, with the skymiles accelerator bonus, you would earn just over 15,000 MQMs. You could pick up the remaining MQMs with a trip to the Dallas or Las Vegas.

A MR to Anchorage would learn 11,600 MQMs in MC and cost $500. Various dates available in December. Also with an immediate turn getting back morning the next day.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KarlaKW
As I posted in DL thread, JFK-FAI goes for as low as $98 each way in Basic Economy or $123 in Main Cabin. Awards are also cheap at 5K and 7K each way. Earns roughly 6K MQM each way with promo. Immediate turn can be done Dec 7 - 8. Award can be booked as roundtrip, but revenue fares must be booked each way to get cheap fares with immediate turn.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.