Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2021, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by cirenodnarb
Hello all,

I am looking to hit the MQD requirement for Diamond by the end of the year. I have a boatload of MQM’s but need an additional ~ $3,500 MQDs to hit the next tier.

I also have ~320,000 redeemable miles available to spend if that would help me get there.

Departure Airport: AUS (Open to DFW/DAL/HOU/SAT)
Miles Needed: $3,500 MQD
Required Spend or Budget: As low as possible
Available Travel Dates: Weekends preferred, short trips midweek
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Fine so long as the MQDs clear
I am doing SAT-MEX-MAD-BCN RT in Business on AM in Jan to get Diamond next year. ~$1200
You could do it this this year and get ~$5400 MQDs
Old Nov 18, 2021, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL/HH/IHG/BW/Caesar's Diamond (Select), UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/MGM Gold, Hertz/Avis PC
Originally Posted by MarkCron
I am doing SAT-MEX-MAD-BCN RT in Business on AM in Jan to get Diamond next year. ~$1200
You could do it this this year and get ~$5400 MQDs

​​​​​​​When are you going? I'll be on the same route haha. Also you could add the BCN-AMS-MEX-GRU trip for about the same price and almost 9K MQD.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Airborne Brat
When are you going? I'll be on the same route haha. Also you could add the BCN-AMS-MEX-GRU trip for about the same price and almost 9K MQD.
Hi, Can you share? I need 8.3k MQDs
Old Nov 18, 2021, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL/HH/IHG/BW/Caesar's Diamond (Select), UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/MGM Gold, Hertz/Avis PC
Originally Posted by hdanh00
Hi, Can you share? I need 8.3k MQDs
Sure, this Google Flights link is one option. I booked mine through AMEX Travel since using the itinerary that Google Flights generates can't be booked on Aeromexico's site. Another option is going to the Aeromexico website and setting up the following multi city:

BCN-AMS Wed. Jan 26th
AMS-GRU Wed. Jan 26th

GRU-AMS Sun. Jan 30th
AMS-BCN Mon. Jan 31st

That particular date is showing as $1,370 for nonrefundable business class (I fare) which should net $8,890.40 MQD and 33,338 MQM. Shoutout to 747jetter for the multi city tip and for suggesting to pay in euros to save money.
hdanh00 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 9:24 pm

Sure, this Google Flights link is one option. I booked mine through AMEX Travel since using the itinerary that Google Flights generates can't be booked on Aeromexico's site. Another option is going to the Aeromexico website and setting up the following multi city:

BCN-AMS Wed. Jan 26th
AMS-GRU Wed. Jan 26th

GRU-AMS Sun. Jan 30th
AMS-BCN Mon. Jan 31st

That particular date is showing as $1,370 for nonrefundable business class (I fare) which should net $8,890.40 MQD and 33,338 MQM. Shoutout to 747jetter for the multi city tip and for suggesting to pay in euros to save money.
Thanks for that. I actually looked into this also for $1243.00:

I think you can book this off AA? I am not sure but it looks like the reservation is valid, but not sure if you can complete it?
You can't add your delta FF on there but I think you can once it shows up your aeromexico account?

AA LINK
Pocatello likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by hdanh00
Thanks for that. I actually looked into this also for $1243.00:

I think you can book this off AA? I am not sure but it looks like the reservation is valid, but not sure if you can complete it?
You can't add your delta FF on there but I think you can once it shows up your aeromexico account?

AA LINK
That's a really nice end of the year run. If I had realized that was an option I could hit Diamond this year instead of next haha. The AA fare is already gone and the cheapest is $3K which is a shame because I have a friend looking to do a run on AA before the end of the year for about 2K EQD.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 6:16 am

When are you going? I'll be on the same route haha. Also you could add the BCN-AMS-MEX-GRU trip for about the same price and almost 9K MQD.
I did
SAT-MEX-MAD-BCN is 1/24 to 1/31 and BCN-CDG-MEX-GRU is 1/26 to 1/29. I'll have a day in BCN twice, a day in Sao Paulo, and maybe a day in Mexico City.
These two trips get me ~$14.2 MQD (for ~$2400); combined with flights earlier in January I'll have over $15k MQD on Feb 1 and secure Diamond until 1/31/24.
Airborne Brat likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 6:21 am

That's a really nice end of the year run. If I had realized that was an option I could hit Diamond this year instead of next haha. The AA fare is already gone and the cheapest is $3K which is a shame because I have a friend looking to do a run on AA before the end of the year for about 2K EQD.
I actually purposely waited to do these MRs in Jan '22 so that my Diamond would be earned next year, and last until 2/24, not 2/23 (if earned this year).
Airborne Brat likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 7:04 am

Man, you guys are making me wonder if there is a way I can get the 40k miles and $10k MQD I need to turn my Platinum I get next week into Diamond.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by MarkCron
I did
SAT-MEX-MAD-BCN is 1/24 to 1/31 and BCN-CDG-MEX-GRU is 1/26 to 1/29. I'll have a day in BCN twice, a day in Sao Paulo, and maybe a day in Mexico City.
These two trips get me ~$14.2 MQD (for ~$2400); combined with flights earlier in January I'll have over $15k MQD on Feb 1 and secure Diamond until 1/31/24.
I may see you on the MAD-MEX-SAT leg and possibly the MEX-GRU leg. I've heard really good things about the mini business cabin on Aeromexico fwiw.
DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 7:28 am

Wait, this is a neat trick I missed apparently - you can book AM metal through AA and still credit the trip to your Skymiles account??? I knew you could do AM to DL but AM through AA to DL???
Old Nov 19, 2021, 3:22 pm

Close to Diamond. Looking for ideas on how to get there in the next month. Thanks!

Departure Airport:
MSP or DLH
Miles Needed: 9000 MQM and $650 MQD
Required Spend or Budget: As low as possible, could use miles
Available Travel Dates: Weekends preferred through end of year
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: OK
Old Nov 19, 2021, 4:19 pm

Programs: Delta MM+ DM trusted traveler, goes, Marriott, IHG SPG. NH Hyatt, Hilton
Any Am runs available in early January? Short stay please?

I may see you on the MAD-MEX-SAT leg and possibly the MEX-GRU leg. I've heard really good things about the mini business cabin on Aeromexico fwiw.
love your itinerary! I’m looking for one under 1K
Old Nov 19, 2021, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaGoldLass
love your itinerary! I’m looking for one under 1K
Thanks. You can play around with the dates to see if you can find something closer to $1.1K which is the lowest I've seen. I'd also recommend doing a BCN-GRU RT in that case because it is about 4K more MQD earned than the SAT-MAD route for about the same price. You should be able to find an economy ST flight to Madrid RT for around $500 or like $350 if you fly another alliance. That being said, earning maybe $500 MQD in economy for $500 instead of $1200 for business but earning $5000 MQD makes it easier to turn this into an all business class trip. Madrid and Barcelona are a $30 train trip apart too.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by StealthEb
Close to Diamond. Looking for ideas on how to get there in the next month. Thanks!

Departure Airport:
MSP or DLH
Miles Needed: 9000 MQM and $650 MQD
Required Spend or Budget: As low as possible, could use miles
Available Travel Dates: Weekends preferred through end of year
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: OK
A mileage run to Anchorage via Seattle in Comfort Plus should get you the needed miles and MQDs.

e.g.

If paying by miles

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Nov 19, 2021 at 6:33 pm Reason: added screenshots if purchasing using miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.