Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2021, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2021, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by ATLtoffee
Hi All,
Trying to put together a MQD run before the end of the year.
As it stands I am $6500 MQD short.
Would love to try and run from Fr-Sun if possible, or overnights during the week

Departure Airport: ATL, preferred, but will fly anywhere if it's worth it
Miles Needed: $6500 MQD, 5000 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: Would love to keep it under 2K
Available Travel Dates: Late November to Mid December
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or DL codeshares
CUN-POA on AM/LA in J should earn around 4k MQD for $1583, MEX-GRU on LA is lieflat 787. The same weekend you can also do MIA-CDG-MXP-CDG-MIA on AF for $1983, which again is around 4k MQD. Might have to slum it in PE to get 6k MQD.

Last edited by desafino; Nov 9, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Old Nov 9, 2021, 6:28 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, National
DL Mileage Run

Unfortunately, AMEX is not honoring my signup bonus for AMEX Reserve card despite agreeing I hit the target but claim it wasn't an AMEX deal (riddle me that?) Anyway, need help making a final push to Platinum from Gold

Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: 18000
Required Spend or Budget: budget top $3k
Available Travel Dates: all weekends remaining in 2021 (except 12/23-26), 11/22 - 11/24, 11/29 - 11/30, 12/15- 12/23, 12/27 - 12/30
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:Yes
Old Nov 9, 2021, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by gottennis08
Unfortunately, AMEX is not honoring my signup bonus for AMEX Reserve card despite agreeing I hit the target but claim it wasn't an AMEX deal (riddle me that?) Anyway, need help making a final push to Platinum from Gold

Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: 18000
Required Spend or Budget: budget top $3k
Available Travel Dates: all weekends remaining in 2021 (except 12/23-26), 11/22 - 11/24, 11/29 - 11/30, 12/15- 12/23, 12/27 - 12/30
Take a look at ATL - ANC/FAI. Immediate turn. Around $600 (MC). Earns about 11,000 MQMs. Various weekends available - use Delta Flexible date search.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 7:05 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
Take a look at ATL - ANC/FAI. Immediate turn. Around $600 (MC). Earns about 11,000 MQMs. Various weekends available - use Delta Flexible date search.
Newbie here. What is MC?
Old Nov 9, 2021, 7:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by gottennis08
Newbie here. What is MC?
Main cabin
Old Nov 10, 2021, 6:42 pm

MQD run out of BOS

Departure Airport: BOS; could relocate with SM if necessary

Miles Needed: 3300 MQDs for GM, or 6300 for PM

Required Spend or Budget: open to suggestions

Available Travel Dates: flexible; International fine

Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Any (just need the MQDs)

I’m 330 MQDs short of Silver now, with almost 50k of MQMs, so I’m thinking it might be worth a run for Gold, or even Plat before the end of the year. I’ve been looking at the BOG run, but I can’t seem to get more than 1180 MQDs for a $820 spend, but I love the idea of flying Delta One…
Old Nov 10, 2021, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by ready2fly
Departure Airport: BOS; could relocate with SM if necessary

Miles Needed: 3300 MQDs for GM, or 6300 for PM

Required Spend or Budget: open to suggestions

Available Travel Dates: flexible; International fine

Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Any (just need the MQDs)

I’m 330 MQDs short of Silver now, with almost 50k of MQMs, so I’m thinking it might be worth a run for Gold, or even Plat before the end of the year. I’ve been looking at the BOG run, but I can’t seem to get more than 1180 MQDs for a $820 spend, but I love the idea of flying Delta One…
If it fits your budget and you want to make a trip out of it, you can position to YUL and take KLM to JNB via AMS. Should earn around 27k mqm and 7k mqd and I see prices as low as $2800 before eoy.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 4:28 pm

Just made it to Gold and ao close to Plat- any suggestions

Hi-
MQMs 13857 to Plat
MQDs $87 to Plat..
status as of today..

never made it this far before- so not sure what to do with one month left. MQMs will transfer and I shud be able to reach Plat requirements within the first month. But MQDs will not roll over so that will take me quite a while in 2022. Thoughts on whats beat to do? Wud love to get to Plat this year so I can start off next year with it. Thanks in advance
Old Nov 12, 2021, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by arunmit
Hi-
MQMs 13857 to Plat
MQDs $87 to Plat..
status as of today..

never made it this far before- so not sure what to do with one month left. MQMs will transfer and I shud be able to reach Plat requirements within the first month. But MQDs will not roll over so that will take me quite a while in 2022. Thoughts on whats beat to do? Wud love to get to Plat this year so I can start off next year with it. Thanks in advance
If you are eligible for one of the delta credit cards you can get 10k MQM as a sign up bonus and earn the remaining 4k by flying. Or look at a run to ANC from the lower 48 with at least one direction in C+/F
Old Nov 14, 2021, 10:07 pm

MQD Delta

Departure Airport: SFO
Miles Needed: 1045 MQD
Required Spend or Budget: -
Available Travel Dates: now until end of year

Somehow I’m short 1045 MQD for silver medallion. Cheapest I’ve found is a $853 one way flight to a place I already have a ticket to on another airline. What’s the cheapest way to accomplish this? I have the delta gold Amex if that’s pertinent at all.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Jawshey
Departure Airport: SFO
Miles Needed: 1045 MQD
Required Spend or Budget: -
Available Travel Dates: now until end of year

Somehow I’m short 1045 MQD for silver medallion. Cheapest I’ve found is a $853 one way flight to a place I already have a ticket to on another airline. What’s the cheapest way to accomplish this? I have the delta gold Amex if that’s pertinent at all.
One option is to fly AeroMexico to Mexico City from SFO. Depending on the routing (via Atlanta), you can earn the needed MQDs in full fare economy (W or Y fare class). Prices in ITA Matrix can be as low as $551. Tijauna will also get you the needed MQDs - tickets start at $531 for full fare economy. Search in ITA Matrix using options 0 nights at destination and calendar of lowest fares.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Nov 15, 2021 at 12:56 pm Reason: added screenshot from ITA Matrix
Old Nov 17, 2021, 10:54 am

Hi everyone, looking to hit the MQD requirement for Diamond by the end of the year. Have the MQM’s but need an additional $2,420 MQDs to hit the next tier. Believe I have at least one more work trip that will get me ~400 MQDs so looking at a trip or two to get me an additional ~2,000.

I also have ~300,000 redeemable miles available to spend if that would help me get there. Thanks!

Departure Airport: CMH / CVG / CLE
Miles Needed: $2,420 MQD’s for DM
Required Spend or Budget: Low as possible
Available Travel Dates: Weekends preferred
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Not positive what this is asking but open to partner airlines.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL - Platinum
MQD Run

Hello all,

I am looking to hit the MQD requirement for Diamond by the end of the year. I have a boatload of MQM’s but need an additional ~ $3,500 MQDs to hit the next tier.

I also have ~320,000 redeemable miles available to spend if that would help me get there.

Departure Airport: AUS (Open to DFW/DAL/HOU/SAT)
Miles Needed: $3,500 MQD
Required Spend or Budget: As low as possible
Available Travel Dates: Weekends preferred, short trips midweek
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Fine so long as the MQDs clear
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Clayj09
Hi everyone, looking to hit the MQD requirement for Diamond by the end of the year. Have the MQM’s but need an additional $2,420 MQDs to hit the next tier. Believe I have at least one more work trip that will get me ~400 MQDs so looking at a trip or two to get me an additional ~2,000.

I also have ~300,000 redeemable miles available to spend if that would help me get there. Thanks!

Departure Airport: CMH / CVG / CLE
Miles Needed: $2,420 MQD’s for DM
Required Spend or Budget: Low as possible
Available Travel Dates: Weekends preferred
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Not positive what this is asking but open to partner airlines.
With the Delta Skymiles accelerator program earning 1.75x MQDs for reward travel in Comfort Plus, you would need to use around 140,000 redeemable miles on a ticket to earn the $2420 MQDs

e.g.

Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by cirenodnarb
Hello all,

I am looking to hit the MQD requirement for Diamond by the end of the year. I have a boatload of MQM’s but need an additional ~ $3,500 MQDs to hit the next tier.

I also have ~320,000 redeemable miles available to spend if that would help me get there.

Departure Airport: AUS (Open to DFW/DAL/HOU/SAT)
Miles Needed: $3,500 MQD
Required Spend or Budget: As low as possible
Available Travel Dates: Weekends preferred, short trips midweek
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Fine so long as the MQDs clear
Similar to my other posting, you would need to use 200,000 redeemable miles on a reward ticket to earn $3500 MQDs

If you want to fly. SAT-TIJ on Aero Mexico in Business earns about $1750 MQDs. Prices are in the $1100 range. Business class tickets on AeroMexico earn 40% MQDs of the distance flown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.