Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2021, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta
Hi all! I would like to make platinum this year but I'm 30K MQMs short. The good news is I have two trips coming up but I'll still be about 8000 MQMs short. I'd love your ideas of how to get 30K MQMs through the two trips I've already booked but can change. Details below:

Departure Airport: JFK or LGA
Miles Needed: 30K MQMs
Required Spend or Budget: $2000 give or take
Available Travel Dates: JFK or LGA to JAX from 10/4 (could be earlier) to 10/5; JFK to ACC from 10/14 - 11/18 (flexible on both ends)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or others.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 21, 2021, 9:57 pm

Departure Airport: JFK/LGA/EWR
Miles Needed: 19590 to GOLD
Required Spend or Budget: $2701 to GOLD
Available Travel Dates: OCT 15- END OF YEAR
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: any DL or SkyTeam flight, honestly.

I do have a scheduled trip JFK-BCN-AMS-JFK (JFK-BCN on DL)(BCN-AMS-JFK on KLM)

I’m taking about 3 months off of work from OCT15 so I definitely have the time.

Thank you!
Old Aug 22, 2021, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by jbv86

Thank you!
To earn everything in one go and not have to put out your budget amount of $2701, you may want to consider JFK-JNB on Virgin Atlantic in Economy Delight. It will earn about 22,500 MQMs and $4500 MQDs. Tickets available for $1124 with 10 hours in JNB. Similar prices available till the end of December. Bookable on the Virgin Atlantic website.

e.g. Oct 23 - 25

Old Aug 22, 2021, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by jbv86

Thank you!
I am looking to go to Madrid/Barcelona also, can you tell me the dates you have for this and how much it cost? Thanks
Old Aug 23, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: DL
** Newbie/First time posting on FT and first time considering a mileage run. Any guidance appreciated. **

Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: 20K MQMs to PLATINUM
Required Spend or Budget: CHEAPEST possible...Amex MQD waiver met
Available Travel Dates: OCT 15- DEC 20
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL Partner preferred for bonuses

It appears a partner flight like AeroMexico will give the best bang for the buck. However, should I stay within the US due to covid? It seems that will take longer and potentially cost more to meet the goal.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by ga_traveler
** Newbie/First time posting on FT and first time considering a mileage run. Any guidance appreciated. **

Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: 20K MQMs to PLATINUM
Required Spend or Budget: CHEAPEST possible...Amex MQD waiver met
Available Travel Dates: OCT 15- DEC 20
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL Partner preferred for bonuses

It appears a partner flight like AeroMexico will give the best bang for the buck. However, should I stay within the US due to covid? It seems that will take longer and potentially cost more to meet the goal.
You can stay within the US and get the 20,000 MQMs for just under $1000. Two trips: one to Seattle and then one to Hawaii. (various dates available on Delta flexible date search)

e.g. ATL-SEA-ATL, Oct. 26

ATL-LAX-HNL-LAX-ATL, Oct. 29-30

ga_traveler likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by gh_traveler
Hi all! I would like to make platinum this year but I'm 30K MQMs short. The good news is I have two trips coming up but I'll still be about 8000 MQMs short. I'd love your ideas of how to get 30K MQMs through the two trips I've already booked but can change. Details below:

Miles Needed: 30K MQMs
Required Spend or Budget: $2000 give or take
Available Travel Dates: JFK or LGA to JAX from 10/4 (could be earlier) to 10/5; JFK to ACC from 10/14 - 11/18 (flexible on both ends)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or others.

Thanks in advance!
Routing your first flight to Hawaii will get you the needed 8000 MQMs. JFK-HNL-JAX earns about 15,000 MQMs in MC

Use a multi-city routing in booking your ticket. (e.g. JFK-HNL, HNL-JAX, JAX-JFK)

Going to LAX only will earn you about 7300 MQMs (e.g. JFK-LAX-JAX)
Old Aug 23, 2021, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL
Thank you very much. Are you recommending staying in the US as opposed to looking for an option on a partner airline? Just curious as I've been reading about the MQM bonuses if booking through a partner... however, much of that information is pre-covid so I'm not sure if that is a smart course at this point.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by ga_traveler
Thank you very much. Are you recommending staying in the US as opposed to looking for an option on a partner airline? Just curious as I've been reading about the MQM bonuses if booking through a partner... however, much of that information is pre-covid so I'm not sure if that is a smart course at this point.
Flying on partner airlines gives you MQD bonuses since the MQD earned is based on distance flown and class of service. MQMs are pretty much about the same (depending on the service class)

Currently Delta is giving both MQM and MQD bonuses so you will earn more MQMs when flying Delta.
ga_traveler likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Greedyfit
ok thanks I’ll look at that option.
I’m also looking at a nonstop from ATL to Johannesburg for $899 economy/ $1149 comfort + that will get me 25,320
If you fly JFK-JNB on Virgin Atlantic (Economy Delight), you can earn all your needed MQDs in one go.
Greedyfit and ga_traveler like this.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 8:09 pm

Hi all! New to the Delta status and points travel but would like to make Gold for several flights booked for next year. I'm currently 43K MQMs/$5500 MQDs short. Mainly looking for travel in the US (e.g. Hawaii), Europe and Asia. Holding the Delta Skymiles Platinum card if that makes a difference. Open to weekend trips and long layovers - I'm happy to sit around in an airport lounge or speed-run a city. Some details below:

Miles Needed: 43K MQMs
Required Spend or Budget: $5500 MQD - would like to spend less
Available Travel Dates: Long weekend trips if possible!
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or others

Example itinerary I found on my own:

Air France Business class (J)
JFK > CDG > AGP > AMS > JFK
$2100

With the new MQD/MQM boosters, I'm a bit unsure of how that works out but I believe it puts me halfway to my goal.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

Last edited by flyingfromnyc; Aug 26, 2021 at 8:34 pm
Old Aug 27, 2021, 4:21 am

I'm trying to do a booking on Delta's site for a trip with a mixed fare of Premium Select and Premium Economy, using the upgrade button at the checkout page.
The issue is the amount of MQDs I'm getting is a lot more than the Medallion Status Accelerator of 75% more:
Flights $1,112.00
Upgrades $578.00
Taxes, Fees & Charges $166.65
$1,856.65 USD
$4,358MQDs
Is this a bug?

Edit: Also want to point out that the legs are DL, DL, AF, AF, AF
Edit2: Just finished texting with Delta and they confirmed it's correct. The AF flights are marketed by AF and will be based on their % of miles flown based on fare. I thought that only happens when you book on the partner's site.

Last edited by hdanh00; Aug 27, 2021 at 6:49 am
Old Aug 28, 2021, 7:39 am

Programs: DL 2MM
What is the routing?
Old Aug 28, 2021, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by BigKenny
What is the routing?
https://bit.ly/3zuaE7J

You can change the departing and arriving legs to gain more MQDs.
Includes a flight to JNB for more miles while getting to stay in Paris.

Last edited by hdanh00; Aug 28, 2021 at 9:40 am
Old Aug 28, 2021, 9:57 am

Here's some itineraries from LAX using JNB and a few days stay in CDG for anyone who's interested with a budget of ~$2k
Remember to upgrade to Premium Economy and it's mixed fares with some smaller routes being in economy.

EDIT: Link fixed
EDIT2: Redid dates to lower duration times

https://bit.ly/2XZYJAB

canuck_traveler likes this.

Last edited by hdanh00; Aug 28, 2021 at 2:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.