Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2021, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2021, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by lalatravels
I currently have
  • 29,590 MQMs
  • 2 MQSs
  • $1,034 MQDs
So there goes the budget I guess
Short of Delta making some type of changes to the program on this year's earning qualification (for use through next year), to reach Diamond, you would need:

125,000 MQMs or 140 MQSs

and

$15,000 MQDs or $250,000 AMEX credit card spend

With the exception of MQMs, where Delta has a rollover feature, all prior year earnings reset to zero, so you would need to qualify every year to attain/renew your status
Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Are there any good partner deals for MQD earning, other than AeroMexico? Anything decent for AF? Out of MSP here looking mainly for MQD earnings.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Are there any good partner deals for MQD earning, other than AeroMexico? Anything decent for AF? Out of MSP here looking mainly for MQD earnings.
<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--> AF/AZ and VS Premium Economy is 30% MQDs of Distance, Business gives 40% on those airlines excluding AF O class which gives 20%, LATAM gives 30% in Business/Premium Economy.
Remember on many Delta EU flights you can get a AF-KL codeshare!
Old Feb 23, 2021, 4:23 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
If you figure it out please let me know! I’m willing to sit on a plane for 20 hours I just don’t know how to find these flights and deals.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 4:43 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by jfkeze
<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--> AF/AZ and VS Premium Economy is 30% MQDs of Distance, Business gives 40% on those airlines excluding AF O class which gives 20%, LATAM gives 30% in Business/Premium Economy.
Remember on many Delta EU flights you can get a AF-KL codeshare!
yea been trying to find a quick turn to anywhere in Europe on a code share, rack up some MQDs and just be on a plane for a day or two
DeltaGoldLass and lalatravels like this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 5:03 pm

I would look into other cities and be more creative, for instance this madness, fly to TIJ and do a few TIJ-MTY back to backs...

Basically
Day 1 ATL-TIJ
Dat 2-3 TIJ-MTY
Day 4 TIJ-ATL

Earnings for 1373 USD + Hotels: 24717 MQMs and 6592 MQDs or a 4.81 MQD Ratio

lalatravels likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
yea been trying to find a quick turn to anywhere in Europe on a code share, rack up some MQDs and just be on a plane for a day or two
Do you have an EU passport? If not, it's a No-Go, maybe JNB with VS? Haven't looked at if their flights are operating but pre-Covid they were a usual suspect...
Old Feb 23, 2021, 5:23 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Wow thanks! Also How do you do that? ITA Matrix or the AeroMexico site? Teach me your ways...
Old Feb 24, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by lalatravels
Wow thanks! Also How do you do that? ITA Matrix or the AeroMexico site? Teach me your ways...
+1 to this. I’m still trying to learn how to maximize AM itineraries with the ITA. I’m trying to turn a short trip to MEX and OAX into a MQD run, but I can’t find any itns for under $4k on the matrix.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by eneq
+1 to this. I’m still trying to learn how to maximize AM itineraries with the ITA. I’m trying to turn a short trip to MEX and OAX into a MQD run, but I can’t find any itns for under $4k on the matrix.
4 sperate searches, use AM+ as code to show only Aeromexico flights, theb Powertools 🤓😁
Old Mar 16, 2021, 12:14 pm

Programs: Skyteam
MQM runs from Austin, TX

I'd like to see if I can get up to Platinum status this year, up from Gold last year.

Departure Airport: AUS
Miles Needed: 15,000, but as many as possible, really.
Required Spend or Budget: < $1000, could be more for premium cabin
Available Travel Dates: Anytime after May
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL

Thanks,
Carolyn
Old Mar 16, 2021, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by auspn
I'd like to see if I can get up to Platinum status this year, up from Gold last year.

Departure Airport: AUS
Miles Needed: 15,000, but as many as possible, really.
Required Spend or Budget: < $1000, could be more for premium cabin
Available Travel Dates: Anytime after May
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL

Thanks,
Carolyn
Look at this mix of DL metal and AM codes
AUS-CUN would earn 9228 MQMs 2461 MQDs 3.52 MQD Ratio

Google Flights
Pocatello and auspn like this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 9:54 pm

Departure Airport: NYC (any)
Miles Needed: 10,000 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: As cheap as possible.
Available Travel Dates: Anything

Any thought of this? I'm trying to hit Platinum this year and will likely come up about 10k MQMs short. I'd like to knock it out in the cheapest way possible and will fly any fare class to do so.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by imnion
Departure Airport: NYC (any)
Miles Needed: 10,000 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: As cheap as possible.
Available Travel Dates: Anything

Any thought of this? I'm trying to hit Platinum this year and will likely come up about 10k MQMs short. I'd like to knock it out in the cheapest way possible and will fly any fare class to do so.
Try this all on Aeromexico codes but 3/4 flights on DL metal which give 150% MQMs and 40% MQDs. Should give 12084 MQMs and 3222 MQDs for $678 in Business Class.
MAKE SURE YOU BOOK UNDER AM CODES!
Priceline Link
gotravelant likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 6:28 am

I need to fly to CUN from May 8-15 and was willing to do a crazy mileage run to get there and back. I'll be flying from CMH.

Any suggestions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.