Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2021, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2021, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pichalite
I recently received DL PM status challenge. Need to make 18,750 MQM and $2,250 in 3 months to keep the status. New to this and still figuring the calculation of MQMs and MQDs and with the current acceleration promo.
* I flew in Y from SFO - JFK - DL Marketed / LA operated - SCL - PUQ. I paid $709 in cash. So far it shows like this, the remaining part of the trip is yet to be posted.
* I have a return from SCL.- MIA - DTW - IAD. I paid $313 in cash. I have a separate booking from IAD - SFO. Paid using a eCredit for $170. I want to optimize/reschedule these two tickets to travel from SCL - SFO with max MQM / MQD possible.
* Open dates between Jan 8 - Jan 22 with any amount of stops any where.

Any suggestions or tips?
Partner operated flights are not eligible for promo bonus (even if DL marketed). The promo ends on 12/31 and any flights taken after then will not earn a bonus.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 1:39 am

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
Originally Posted by xliioper
Partner operated flights are not eligible for promo bonus (even if DL marketed). The promo ends on 12/31 and any flights taken after then will not earn a bonus.
oh! That’s a bummer. My original flight was on Delta operated long haul ATL - SCL. The flight got canceled due to IROPS. DL couldn’t put me in my favorable date even though it was available in their website. So I had to cancel for full refund and make a new booking. Do I have a case for ORC ?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 6:43 am

Thanks to all

I think terrific that so many people are willing to share their ideas and experience to help others get points and awards. Keep the ideas coming please :-)
Old Dec 27, 2021, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
i respect the reference to Turtle Face from Sealab but do not respect the spam.

Next year I will have the mqm for diamond but not the mqd. To get mileage based mqd on partners do the flights have to be partner metal or just booked on the partner site?
They just have to be partner marketed flights (flight number starts with partner two-letter code), and don't need to be partner operated. You can potentially book them on delta.com with some trickery (ITA Matrix Powertools). However, you won't be eligible for C+ or domestic FC upgrades until day-of-departure if you book partner-coded, DL operated flights.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
They just have to be partner marketed flights (flight number starts with partner two-letter code), and don't need to be partner operated. You can potentially book them on delta.com with some trickery (ITA Matrix Powertools). However, you won't be eligible for C+ or domestic FC upgrades until day-of-departure if you book partner-coded, DL operated flights.
cool, I'm fine with no upgrade because I'll need premium cabins for the mqd just need my options open because generally their partners don't go where I do (well AF does but I hate them)
Old Dec 28, 2021, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by pichalite
oh! That’s a bummer. My original flight was on Delta operated long haul ATL - SCL. The flight got canceled due to IROPS. DL couldn’t put me in my favorable date even though it was available in their website. So I had to cancel for full refund and make a new booking. Do I have a case for ORC ?
ORC doubtful since you canceled and made new booking.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 7:08 pm

MQMs Needed: 23368
I'm leaving tonight (12/29) on an ATL-CDG-DXB turnaround (Y going/V returning) run and then a separate flight that's ATL-SAN (L) on the backend on 12/31 getting there around 8pm (I started in PDX, that got me to silver)

Delta site says 15269 when I did a guestimate of the ATL-CDG-DXB, but wasn't sure if it was somehow less because it's a partner flight and if the website itself calculates the bonuses. Was confused about whether there a silver bonus applied on Air France and would the Y net me any additional MQMs?

ATL-SAN is a separate ticket, but I'm trying to figure out if I should upgrade to first class to get myself over the top or if there's nothing I can do.

With any semblance of a bonus whether via AF medallion bonuses or whatever, just the DXB run gets me over the top, but I'd hate to go through all this and end up short...so if I can prevent it that'd be great.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 7:37 pm

I found a thread that mostly answered my math question and the first flight is a DL flight (I checked in with Delta) and the rest are AF flights.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 6:45 pm

I hope everyone got their MQMs MQDs in!

I am waiting on my Aeromexico flight from MEX - GRU (D class) to gimme the miles.
I booked a flight from BCN to GRU through AM and added my Delta SkyMiles but for some reason, it didn't stick on the last leg.
My first two legs were operated by KLM but they had my SkyMiles on them. And I naively thought it was also on my 3rd leg operated by AM but it was blank.

Anyways, trying to claim my mileage and it's been 3 weeks since I submitted the claim!
Is AM really backed up or something? I called Delta to make sure I will eventually get my miles and that everything is good to go and they told me they just waiting on verification from AM.

Hopefully my math is right and I'll hit both MQM and MQD.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 6:49 pm

they are a bit backed up, I had to escalate my error'd out segments twice over messaging and I was lucky someone knowledgable got it done for me. She said it might take a bit but it'll count for 2022.
hdanh00 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:14 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
R.I.P. to the Virgin Atlantic sub-$1000 Economy Delight fares from US-UK-SA Roundtrip Mileage Runs! Can't find any 2022 fares that were anywhere near the 2021 prices (less than $1000) on this thread :'(
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:49 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Please post in the new 2022 thread. This thread is now closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.