FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   DL/Sky Team: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/2031659-dl-sky-team-2021-consolidated-mileage-status-challenge-runs-help-needed.html)

Pat89339 Jan 2, 2021 12:22 am

DL/Sky Team: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

On behalf to the Mileage Run Moderator team, I would like to express our thanks to the many FlyerTalkers who have risen to the challenge and helped so many members with their helpful suggestions.

These consolidates threads made managing the year end traffic much smoother.

Hopefully, all were successful with their runs.

Follow the instructions in the wiki and post your answers to this thread.

Pat89339 on behalf of the Mileage Run Moderator team

hkcj Jan 5, 2021 4:00 pm

I have the elevate challenge and am considering doing a mileage run to keep Diamond status. I think I'll need at least 9 one-way flights, but could do them over a few different days. I also don't want to be out-of-state for more than 24 hours.

Departure Airport: NYC (any)
Miles Needed: 9 one-way flights (not segments)
Required Spend or Budget: < $1000 I suppose
Available Travel Dates: All Fridays except 1/15, 2/12, 3/19, 3/26
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL

Any ideas? Back and forth to Boston would be simple but the flight schedule isn't so full as it once was.

ProfRB Jan 5, 2021 5:45 pm

Has anyone done an Virgin Atlantic Economy Delight run (e.g., NYC-JNB) recently? I'll have time on my hands mid-February and would love to do a run, but given covid-related travel restrictions I don't even know if these are possible any more. If anyone has done a VS run from any US city to any international destination recently, I'd appreciate your thoughts/advice.

canuck_traveler Jan 5, 2021 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by hkcj (Post 32941331)
I have the elevate challenge and am considering doing a mileage run to keep Diamond status. I think I'll need at least 9 one-way flights, but could do them over a few different days. I also don't want to be out-of-state for more than 24 hours.

Departure Airport: NYC (any)
Miles Needed: 9 one-way flights (not segments)
Required Spend or Budget: < $1000 I suppose
Available Travel Dates: All Fridays except 1/15, 2/12, 3/19, 3/26
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL

Any ideas? Back and forth to Boston would be simple but the flight schedule isn't so full as it once was.

Rawleigh, Richmond, Atlanta are all in the 2 hour flight duration range.

Flights to Orlando are as low as $102 (BE) but that would a 3 hour flight.

hkcj Jan 5, 2021 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler (Post 32941703)
Rawleigh, Richmond, Atlanta are all in the 2 hour flight duration range.

Flights to Orlando are as low as $102 (BE) but that would a 3 hour flight.

Yeah - ideally I could do a bunch of short hops back to back. Seems like a horrible thing to figure out though...

jfkeze Jan 6, 2021 12:51 am

Originally Posted by hkcj (Post 32941808)
Yeah - ideally I could do a bunch of short hops back to back. Seems like a horrible thing to figure out though...

ITA Matrix could be a starting point remember to exclude E class as basic economy tickets do not count toward the challenge requirements. IAD/DCA at $72-79 each way in V class seems the way to go...

ProfRB Jan 18, 2021 6:05 pm

Can anyone recommend an AeroMexico mileage/MQD run for mid-February? I'd be flying out of ATL. Which destinations and class of service will be most cost-effective?

jfkeze Jan 19, 2021 9:38 am

Originally Posted by ProfRB (Post 32978264)
Can anyone recommend an AeroMexico mileage/MQD run for mid-February? I'd be flying out of ATL. Which destinations and class of service will be most cost-effective?

ATL-TIJ would earn 8277 MQMs 2207 MQDs 3.18 MQD Ratio
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...33a83b65cf.png

ATL-CUN would earn 6387 MQMs 1703 MQDs 3.30 MQD Ratio
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d11aabf15a.png

ProfRB Jan 19, 2021 9:52 am

Thanks -- this is perfect! Is there a way to see fare class when booking on AM's site? I searched but couldn't find a chart anywhere online showing how fare class corresponds to class of service.

etsmyers Jan 22, 2021 8:19 pm

:So have frequently done mattress runs for hotel status, but always earned my airline status with BIS time.
Job change has reduced air travel. Currently delta gold, would love to hit platinum, so as much help as we can get.

Departure Airport: 1-MDT, 2-BWI, 3-PHL
Miles Needed: as many as possible
Required Spend or Budget: < $1000, could be more for premium cabin
Available Travel Dates: fairly wide open as self employed.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL,

jfkeze Jan 22, 2021 10:12 pm

How many MQDs do you have? Willing to travel international in Q3?
My usual recommendation is to look at Aeromexico fares as they credit at 40% of Distance for MQDs and 150% for MQMs.

etsmyers Jan 23, 2021 8:29 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze (Post 32988494)
How many MQDs do you have? Willing to travel international in Q3?
My usual recommendation is to look at Aeromexico fares as they credit at 40% of Distance for MQDs and 150% for MQMs.

So far nada, but am flying in 2 weeks, getting $450 for a work trip. Willing to do international and understand the requirements as they are now.
Honestly, never booked a mileage run and no idea how to start researching them

Nick Gonzalez Jan 25, 2021 6:57 am

Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: 45-50k total in 2021
Required Spend or Budget: As cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: Completely open
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Yes

Wanting to hit diamond this year on DELTA. Currently have 50k mqm and will get another 30k mqm through card spend on AMEX. I work remotely as most of us do in covid times and am flexible.

canuck_traveler Jan 25, 2021 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Gonzalez (Post 32993037)

Wanting to hit diamond this year on DELTA. Currently have 50k mqm and will get another 30k mqm through card spend on AMEX. I work remotely as most of us do in covid times and am flexible.

Oops: Looks like Brazil changed their entry regulations and now require a negative PCR test result for entry

ATL-RIO non-stop is available for $546 (BE) / $636 (MC) for various dates in March, about 9400 MQMs,red-eye flight, 2 hours in Rio

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...42777c4155.jpg

canuck_traveler Jan 29, 2021 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Gonzalez (Post 32993037)

Staying within the US, you can fly ATL-HNL for as low as $476 (BE) / $626 (MC), about 9000 MQMs, immediate turn in HNL

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...12ff7e75e3.jpg