Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2021, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Trying to Hit LT Gold - Need ~ 60K MQM

Hi everyone, trying to hit Lifetime (ok, complimentary annual) Gold

Departure Airport: PHL
MQMs Needed : ~ 60K
Travel Dates: Would prefer to keep to weekend only travel (maybe an occasional Friday departure or Monday return could work).
Airline: No preference, just the MQMs please
Budget: with the accelerator, not sure how to answer, is <$2K realistic? Minimize spend.

as always, thanks so much in advance for anything people can offer!
Old Jun 19, 2021, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by jimrpa
Hi everyone, trying to hit Lifetime (ok, complimentary annual) Gold

Departure Airport: PHL
MQMs Needed : ~ 60K
Travel Dates: Would prefer to keep to weekend only travel (maybe an occasional Friday departure or Monday return could work).
Airline: No preference, just the MQMs please
Budget: with the accelerator, not sure how to answer, is <$2K realistic? Minimize spend.

as always, thanks so much in advance for anything people can offer!
Once the travel restrictions lift, I would suggest looking at China Eastern flights from JFK-SIN. Earns about 20,000 MQMs. In the past, ticket prices were as low as $500 (return) for a 3 day travel investment.
jimrpa and ccna101 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
With the Medallion Status accelerator, you can earn 1.75 MQDs and MQMs if you buy a ticket in Comfort+.
A $1450 comfort+ ticket from MCO to HNL will earn you the required MQMs (16,700) and MQDs ($2537). Immediate turn options (i.e. a few hours in HNL) are available so leaving on Thursday, you can get back to MCO on Friday.
Thanks and booked! If I did my math right, with the MQD accelerator it should give me $2517.
DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 9:01 pm
formerly willbbiddy

Do bonus mqms apply to lifetime? I might have to make another run this year, plus I'll stock up a ton of rollover.

Edit: I'm dumb. YES they do.

Can someone help me out with the most mqm/$ route out of csg or Atl. I might as well knock a ton out this year.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by BirdLawyer
Do bonus mqms apply to lifetime? I might have to make another run this year, plus I'll stock up a ton of rollover.

Edit: I'm dumb. YES they do.

Can someone help me out with the most mqm/$ route out of csg or Atl. I might as well knock a ton out this year.
Take a look at flights to the Hawaiian islands (HNL, KOA, LIH, OGG). Prices from $780 (BE) / $880 (MC) earning about 10,000 MQMs (before accelerator.) Delta flexible date search (trip duration of 1 day) Immediate turn trips available.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: UA, AC, Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond
Trying to reach Silver or Gold. Any help greatly appreciated.

Departure Airport: YEG (can reposition to YYC or YVR if needed)
Miles Needed: 25k to 50k
Required Spend or Budget: No MQD needed as a Non-US member. Flexible budget
Available Travel Dates: Flexible
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Any

Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by curlingfan
Trying to reach Silver or Gold. Any help greatly appreciated.

Departure Airport: YEG (can reposition to YYC or YVR if needed)
Miles Needed: 25k to 50k
Required Spend or Budget: No MQD needed as a Non-US member. Flexible budget
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Any

Thanks!
KLM sometimes has cheap flights via YEG or YYC so that is an option. (e.g. Sept 20 - 23, yeg-yyc-ams-jnb-cpt-ams-yyc-yeg, $1348, about 21,000 MQMs, 15 hours in CapeTown, found on ITA Matrix)

Positioning to YVR will let you in on some of the AeroMexico deals and China Eastern deals once Asia opens up again. (about 16,000 MQMs to SIN via PVG on China Eastern)

Positioning to SEA allows you to do the Virgin Atlantic flights to South Africa (about 25,000 MQMs to JNB in Economy Delight)

You will need to factor in the cost of a PCR test for re-entry into Canada. May want to wait on a mileage run to see if re-entry restrictions will be eased.
curlingfan likes this.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Jul 22, 2021 at 10:55 am Reason: add yeg-cpt sample
Old Jul 24, 2021, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA, AC, Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
KLM sometimes has cheap flights via YEG or YYC so that is an option. (e.g. Sept 20 - 23, yeg-yyc-ams-jnb-cpt-ams-yyc-yeg, $1348, about 21,000 MQMs, 15 hours in CapeTown, found on ITA Matrix)

Positioning to YVR will let you in on some of the AeroMexico deals and China Eastern deals once Asia opens up again. (about 16,000 MQMs to SIN via PVG on China Eastern)

Positioning to SEA allows you to do the Virgin Atlantic flights to South Africa (about 25,000 MQMs to JNB in Economy Delight)

You will need to factor in the cost of a PCR test for re-entry into Canada. May want to wait on a mileage run to see if re-entry restrictions will be eased.
Thanks! I think I'll wait till 2022 now to do a mileage run.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
Departure Airport: SLC but I can position to anywhere in the USA
Miles Needed: -0- I need MQDs instead; $15,000 in MQDs is my goal
Required Spend or Budget: $4,000
Available Travel Dates: January 2022 or February 2022
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: codeshares preferred for the MQDs; I love KLM and Amsterdam.

I am all set for 2021. I want a big MQD run to start off next year before my Diamond status slips down to something much lower. I plan to roll over about 140,000 MQMs to next year. Thanks!
MichaelKade likes this.

Last edited by Pocatello; Jul 27, 2021 at 12:02 pm
Old Jul 30, 2021, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Departure Airport: AUS
Miles Needed: 18750 MQMs
MQDs :2250
Required Spend or Budget: $2,000 - 2500
Available Travel Dates: Next 3 months
International : No (Only Domestic Trips, Hawaii and Alaska ok )
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL

Looks for some suggestions in Comfort plus or Business class on long haul flights.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Departure Airport: AUS
Miles Needed: 18750 MQMs
MQDs :2250
Required Spend or Budget: $2,000 - 2500
Available Travel Dates: Next 3 months
International : No (Only Domestic Trips, Hawaii and Alaska ok )
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL

Looks for some suggestions in Comfort plus or Business class on long haul flights.
With the Delta Skymiles Accelerator bonus, a trip to HNL in Comfort+ can get you almost to your needed amount and would only need a short flight somewhere else to pick up the remaining MQMs and MQDs under your budget

For example,
Sept. 18-19, AUS-LAX-SEA-HNL-SEA-LAX-AUS, $1335, 17,000 MQMs, $2153 MQDs, just under 3 hours in HNL

rajhyd99 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Thanks you for information. I am also looking at AUS-ATL-ANC-ATL-AUS on Aug 29 in Business for 1600 and with 7,420Miles 22,240MQMs $2,597MQDs . this is also immediate turn around so hopefully there is no Covid Negative test as required for Hawaii
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Thanks you for information. I am also looking at AUS-ATL-ANC-ATL-AUS on Aug 29 in Business for 1600 and with 7,420Miles 22,240MQMs $2,597MQDs . this is also immediate turn around so hopefully there is no Covid Negative test as required for Hawaii
Looks like a good deal and less hassle
aeroman380 and rajhyd99 like this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, BA Gold
Departure Airport: SLC
Miles Needed: ~15k for PL or 65k for DM
Required Spend or Budget: ~1000 for PL or ~4000 for DM
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshare is fine but no intercontinental trip

Hi Everyone
long time lurker and first post here. This year (and next year) with Delta's MQM rollover, I am trying to hit Platinum or even Diamond for the first time. I am a non-US member (temporarily residing in the US) so MQD is not an issue.
Thanks in advance!
Pocatello likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by JFKEWR
Departure Airport: SLC
Miles Needed: ~15k for PL or 65k for DM
Required Spend or Budget: ~1000 for PL or ~4000 for DM
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshare is fine but no intercontinental trip

Hi Everyone
long time lurker and first post here. This year (and next year) with Delta's MQM rollover, I am trying to hit Platinum or even Diamond for the first time. I am a non-US member (temporarily residing in the US) so MQD is not an issue.
Thanks in advance!
Just to clarify, you are only looking for travel within the US? Does that include Hawaii and Alaska?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.