Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM: SAT to MAD from $1203, 5062 MQDs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AM: SAT to MAD from $1203, 5062 MQDs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2021, 10:18 am
Original Poster

AM: SAT to MAD from $1220, 5062 MQDs

My first post here.. hope this is good... ~5,062 MQDs
Stop in MEX

Google Link
skipaway, amtbooks, jfkeze and 7 others like this.

Last edited by hdanh00; Aug 30, 2021 at 10:29 am
Old Sep 1, 2021, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Weird pricing. You can only book via multi-city for return, but outbound works as normal through fare. If you book as through fare MAD-SAT it prices about $170 more for same flights.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 12:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AS 75k
Was able to book it as normal round trip, so maybe its date specific.

Can also be done as a multi-city/ open jaw though. Just booked it for myself in December for an MQD run. SAT-MEX-MAD-MEX-MIA for $1300.

Fare just requires a Saturday night stay, so while you cant do a same day turn, you can do a turn in 24 hours
Old Sep 3, 2021, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by barabbas90
Was able to book it as normal round trip, so maybe its date specific.

Can also be done as a multi-city/ open jaw though. Just booked it for myself in December for an MQD run. SAT-MEX-MAD-MEX-MIA for $1300.

Fare just requires a Saturday night stay, so while you cant do a same day turn, you can do a turn in 24 hours
Not really a RT as start/stop are different. Also it's not obvious that SAT-MAD RT is broken on return. Lastly it prices at $1370 RT SAT-MAD, but $1220 for same flights breaking return at MEX. Not sure why. In fact matrix doesn't show a correct price at first when searching. There's some quirk for these AM fares. (I've seen same issue with other cities pairs for AM to AMS/MAD)
Old Oct 5, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: Alaska, Aeromexico, Delta
AM: SAT-MAD RT $1219 in J

Many dates available

https://www.google.com/travel/flights/s/pcYr
Old Oct 7, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: DL 2MM
This was working up to last night but looks like it has gone up today.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by BigKenny
This was working up to last night but looks like it has gone up today.
I was having a tough time getting one of these booked last night, I was messing around trying to get the 12 noon flight out of MAD to MEX instead of the 11pm one. I finally gave up and went to bed. I could price it but couldn't get it ticketed and I tried all those random sites that don't always work. These seem to happen with some frequency lately. Hopefully it will be DFW or AUS next time so at least its a less boring airport to position to that has a SkyClub.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
It's dead now.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Still there takes you to the check out page on Orbitz, it just has limited availability, mostly next year.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 1:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by nk15
Still there takes you to the check out page on Orbitz, it just has limited availability, mostly next year.
Link?

All the ones in this thread are showing $5-6k
Old Oct 7, 2021, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
San Antonio to Madrid | Google Flights

Flight details | Orbitz

Just look at the calendar view on google flights, plenty of dates...

Here is a quick trip in December:
Round trip to Madrid | Google Flights

MLK weekend trip:

Weekend in April:
wakesetter93 likes this.

Last edited by nk15; Oct 7, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Old Oct 7, 2021, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL 2MM
Looks like the ones I was going for came back. Successfully booked on AmEx travel. Sub $1000 using points with the 35% back.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 2:13 pm

Found some over valentines weekend as well. Thanks!
Old Oct 8, 2021, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jacksafar
I was having a tough time getting one of these booked last night, I was messing around trying to get the 12 noon flight out of MAD to MEX instead of the 11pm one. I finally gave up and went to bed. I could price it but couldn't get it ticketed and I tried all those random sites that don't always work. These seem to happen with some frequency lately. Hopefully it will be DFW or AUS next time so at least its a less boring airport to position to that has a SkyClub.
AUS has SC yes. However, the AM flight is generally a 8am departure. SAT are all afternoaf departures.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 8:24 am

At least AM departs from the "good" concourse A at SAT. I flew in and out of there every week for 1.5 years on AA and Concourse B had nothing except a bad mexican restaurant and that crappy little bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.