Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2020, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
I am still waiting for mine submitted April 1st.
I can imagine you can wait and wait and wait, if you don't push it.
I've requested my refund around same time, processed, given the refund tracking code. Was patient enough till June (only inquired of status once via Twitter during those 2 months). After that I just started to get annoyed by no resolution in sight (that coincided with the time when Delta had 6-8 hours wait time in call centers). After a few futile attempts to reach a human on phone, a few ping-pongs in Twitter (one even saying that they cannot do anything since it's PL ticket, so I need to contact them, that is after refund was put in the refund queue 2 months before that) I just gave up, submitted DOT complaint and sent a message that if not refund was processed in the next 10 days, I'd apply for chargeback. Not sure what exactly worked or it's a pure coincidence, but 5 days after that refunded amount was on my credit card.
On funny note, I think this whole situation is a mess and even Delta agents don't know how to handle it properly. I do have my refund now, but the AirFrance ticket that was issued after taking over Delta's reservation is still alive and kicking: I have it in my AirFrance app, I can change seats etc. I'm not planning even to try to fly it since I've already booked something else around same dates, but I wonder what would happen if I just showed up at the airport on departure date.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by maxvor
I can imagine you can wait and wait and wait, if you don't push it.
I've requested my refund around same time, processed, given the refund tracking code. Was patient enough till June (only inquired of status once via Twitter during those 2 months). After that I just started to get annoyed by no resolution in sight (that coincided with the time when Delta had 6-8 hours wait time in call centers). After a few futile attempts to reach a human on phone, a few ping-pongs in Twitter (one even saying that they cannot do anything since it's PL ticket, so I need to contact them, that is after refund was put in the refund queue 2 months before that) I just gave up, submitted DOT complaint and sent a message that if not refund was processed in the next 10 days, I'd apply for chargeback. Not sure what exactly worked or it's a pure coincidence, but 5 days after that refunded amount was on my credit card.
On funny note, I think this whole situation is a mess and even Delta agents don't know how to handle it properly. I do have my refund now, but the AirFrance ticket that was issued after taking over Delta's reservation is still alive and kicking: I have it in my AirFrance app, I can change seats etc. I'm not planning even to try to fly it since I've already booked something else around same dates, but I wonder what would happen if I just showed up at the airport on departure date.
I have submitted DOT as well, Delta are aware of it and waiting for their response within 30 days. Where did you sent the chargeback threat?
Old Jun 28, 2020, 7:28 am

I have submitted DOT as well, Delta are aware of it and waiting for their response within 30 days. Where did you sent the chargeback threat?
It wasn't a threat really, I was just saying what I was about to do (and frankly was upset that I had to do it, especially given Delta has a reputation of stellar customer service). Sent it via Twitter.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by flyer89
When I called the refund line, the pre-recorded line mentioned that they process refunds in patches, and will tell you exactly what dates they are working on. When I called they were working on late March refund (this was one week back). So now it seem like the beginning of April is currently worked on. So maybe whoever canceled their tickets in mid-April should have received a full refund soon.
Don't raise your hopes high. This pre-recorded message about 'last week of March being currently processed' was played since end of May at least. I don't think it has any real relationship with the backlog.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Crazy how long Delta is taking with these refunds. Hope these DOT complaints will result in some penalty (doubt it)

I had another Air France ticket refunded a few weeks back. AF processed the refund and the money hit my account in less than a week. I've even had several AA tickets refunded over the last couple months. Never took more than a week for the money to return.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by maxvor
It wasn't a threat really, I was just saying what I was about to do (and frankly was upset that I had to do it, especially given Delta has a reputation of stellar customer service). Sent it via Twitter.
They don't do Twitter anymore, redirect to Delta web site and text messaging.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 9:08 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
They don't do Twitter anymore, redirect to Delta web site and text messaging.
I still haven not receive my refund yet. Time to contact DOT and credit card charge back. Refund with Delta on 4/22
Old Jul 2, 2020, 9:16 pm

My April 1st refund was processed on July 1st. Hallelujah
Old Jul 2, 2020, 9:42 pm

Programs: Alaska
My April 1st refund was processed on July 1st. Hallelujah
congrats.

I filed refund end of May, so still a long way to go....
Old Jul 3, 2020, 4:02 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
For me, applied for refund on April 7, finally got the email from Delta on June 22 that they were sending the funds back to original form of credit.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
I filed a DOT complaint, got the standard email response. About 20 days later, DL emailed and offered a refund.

[email protected]

This email address gets you easy access to agents who can process your refund. However, they will NOT rebook you into F. For that, you need to go a different (eg legal) route and even then, all you will get is monetary damages for the loss of bargain, not a rebook in F. But you can then use the money to BUY your F ticket
Old Jul 22, 2020, 8:00 pm
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
I requested a refund from Delta on April 21 and the refund showed up on my card today. Almost exactly 90 days.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 8:03 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Finally got my refund yesterday after 3 months! But lost 68 CAD from FX
Old Jul 23, 2020, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater
I filed a DOT complaint, got the standard email response. About 20 days later, DL emailed and offered a refund.

[email protected]

This email address gets you easy access to agents who can process your refund. However, they will NOT rebook you into F. For that, you need to go a different (eg legal) route and even then, all you will get is monetary damages for the loss of bargain, not a rebook in F. But you can then use the money to BUY your F ticket
But the refund will not be enough for the F ticket?
Old Jul 25, 2020, 11:12 am

finally cannot hold out any more, time to cancel. Called DL 10pm PST and the agent told me the special desk that are trained to reopen DL 006 tix was closed, but luckily the friendly agent directly asked her supervisor and the supervisor sorted it out. now, just wait for the refund arriving sometime between Oct and humanity becoming a type 3 civilization.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.