Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2020, 1:19 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Since when Z means "non refundable" ? AF has Z fares in some markets that are fully refundable; and some C fares that are refundable with penalty. But here, it was F fare of FF type = fully refundable. The fare basis is what holds the rules about the fare, not the booking class Z or C.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 2:17 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ranskis
Since when Z means "non refundable" ? AF has Z fares in some markets that are fully refundable; and some C fares that are refundable with penalty. But here, it was F fare of FF type = fully refundable. The fare basis is what holds the rules about the fare, not the booking class Z or C.
Im not arguing about that. I'm just saying that a lazy person will see it Z and try to tell you that it is non-refundable. I had the same experience when I tried to cancel. I had to explain to all parties involved that it started as a Le Premier Fully Flexible ticket. They had to go running around the fare code before I could even get them to acknowledge that I could cancel the ticket and get my money back.
As everyone is currently overwhelmed with request they start to cut corners. They see it's business Z they quickly respond it restricted business class and refund isn't an option without a cancellation.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 7:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
My dispute with Chase was resolved today. Smooth process. Will probably book all my error fares with Chase in the future...
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:50 pm

Can anybody tell me why my ticket in August has already been canceled
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Ijones027
Without posting your itinerary, no one is going to have a clue...
BCNforever likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Without posting your itinerary, no one is going to have a clue...
I posted my email I got from af earlier in the thread alg-paris August 11 Paris-JFK August 12 canceled as of yesterday
Old Jun 12, 2020, 1:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Did you read the email you posted...?
Due to the coronavirus (covid-19) situation, many countries around the world have decided to implement restrictive entry measures on their territory on very short notice. Air traffic is hence highly impacted.

For this reason, your flight has been cancelled
You can contact AF for rebooking if you'd still like to travel.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: BA GGL
Yeah, this sounds like schedule changes based on the expected demand, rather than anything more sinister.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 5:00 pm

received my refund yesterday after multiple calls and emails to Delta and after filing a complaint to the DOT.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by masta
received my refund yesterday after multiple calls and emails to Delta and after filing a complaint to the DOT.
What did they say when you called? And when did you initiate the refund?
Old Jun 13, 2020, 12:29 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by masta
Although I would guess that status on the delta refund status page still shows "pending"?
Old Jun 13, 2020, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
What did they say when you called? And when did you initiate the refund?
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Although I would guess that status on the delta refund status page still shows "pending"?
When Air France decided not to honor this fare they took over, downgraded and reissued it on their ticket stock. I initally booked via priceline on a 006-stock. Priceline said that they are unable to do anything with the fare anymore since Air France has taken over. So I called Delta and after some time the representative sent me a refund number and said that the refund is now processing and it could take up to 30 days. This was on April 2nd. After this period I called again and they said since Air France took over this has to be solved on a corporate level by more authorised representatives. I wrote a complaint to the DoT and after 25 days received an answer stating that they have forwarded my complaint to Delta and that they have 30 days to respond. Last week I called the refund department once again and the agent confirmed that she could not help but suggested to write a complaint via the Delta contact form since this would automatically be forwarded to the needed corporate level. On June 11th the refund showed up on my credit card. Ultimately I don't know if the DoT complaint or the Delta contact form ended up being the solution but I'm glad that I was able to solve this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Just another data point, got all 4 of my tickets refunded in full.

In short: Booked through Expedia on 006 stock. Air France took over and placed on 057 ticket stocks. Was not able to reach Expedia since they only pick up if you are traveling in 72 hours. Called Delta, got it reverted to 006 and refund, agent seem to know the communication and knew what to do. Emails about refund send on 04/02. Received full refunds to my credit yesterday or was it the day before. Now refund status show as "Refunded". It was show as "pending" for the longest time.

Note: the DL refund department seem to be quite behind. When I called the refund line, the pre-recorded line mentioned that they process refunds in patches, and will tell you exactly what dates they are working on. When I called they were working on late March refund (this was one week back). So now it seem like the beginning of April is currently worked on. So maybe whoever canceled their tickets in mid-April should have received a full refund soon.
Jma12 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 2:10 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Got my refund by delta submitted on April 10th !!!
Have another one pending with request submitted early may...got to wait another 4 to 5 weeks i guess
Old Jun 25, 2020, 8:16 pm

I am still waiting for mine submitted April 1st.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.