Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2022, 8:21 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just to report back - sadly when i thought the last time I called to placed this ticket under Bulletin 6, I thought that it was done properly by the agent, but turns out that it went all topsy turvy and now that I want rebook it, they could not find the new e-ticket (the only information found is the AF ticket which has archived the ticket).
Now because they had to dig into the history of this ticket, they are only telling me now that it was an error fare and that I've been informed (no one informed me from Delta, only Air France). They claimed that Priceline tried to contact me - which was not true, the only indication that this was not ok, was when Air France took the ticket over and downgraded it to Business.
So this is sadly game over for me - on one hand, I am ok with it as i had issues trying to find a place to fit this travel and also the PITA getting into ALG especially in current times, on the other hand, sadly I will not still be able to experience the P experience of Air France. Hopefully next time another golden opportunity.
I did manage to get them to give me a higher than value ecredit than the original ticket.

Cheers! (and good luck to those flying)
Curious what happened in the situation of ChocolateFactory

Last edited by nldogbert; May 7, 2022 at 1:21 am
Old May 6, 2022, 6:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I'm out.

I couldn't get my Algerian visa and needed my passport back. I've now left Singapore to start my broader trip. It's a huge shame, not only because of the great but because it was several weeks before I was due to fly on this fare so there would have been heaps more time for the Algerian Embassy in Jakarta to issue my visa. Very disappointed.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

My above post about not being able to source a visa was a bogey intended to deflect attention by any AF watchers.

I've now flown this fare in its entirety. I had zero issues and miles have credited.

A number of people commented early in the thread that there was no way AF would allow people to travel as booked. Those people were very wrong and I'm just the latest example of how those claims have proven demonstrably false. I fought very hard for over two years to get my bum in an AF F seat and it paid off.

Naysayers be damned.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Congratulations!!! Can’t wait for the next AF discount offer. 😁
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by danger
My above post about not being able to source a visa was a bogey intended to deflect attention by any AF watchers.

I've now flown this fare in its entirety. I had zero issues and miles have credited.

A number of people commented early in the thread that there was no way AF would allow people to travel as booked. Those people were very wrong and I'm just the latest example of how those claims have proven demonstrably false. I fought very hard for over two years to get my bum in an AF F seat and it paid off.

Naysayers be damned.
was your original reservation past jan 1?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Ijones027
was your original reservation past jan 1?
Yes.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Happy to report that I’ve finally flown it. La Première’s ground services were excellent. Inflight was memorable as well.

If someone hasn't requested a refund yet and is a bit stuck with her/his ticket (even expired), feel free to PM me.
haroon145 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.