Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2020, 10:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Does anyone else still have a ticket in F?
Old Sep 21, 2020, 12:16 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by danger
How did you manage to keep one? I´ll keep my fingers crossed for you that you can fly it.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 3:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by andigoeskiwi
How did you manage to keep one? I´ll keep my fingers crossed for you that you can fly it.
After I got the downgrade email from AF, I called and asked for confirmation that I was not going to be getting what I paid for. I was somewhat abrupt and to the point, simply wanting the details for the record so that I could go about taking appropriate action (as I have done (successfully) in the past). After a short hold, the agent said my ticket had been reinstated as booked. No questions. I have no doubt that the agent had no clue about AF claiming the fare was an error and suspect she simply viewed it as an itinerary that got shaken up by the virus.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 4:16 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
After I got the downgrade email from AF, I called and asked for confirmation that I was not going to be getting what I paid for. I was somewhat abrupt and to the point, simply wanting the details for the record so that I could go about taking appropriate action (as I have done (successfully) in the past). After a short hold, the agent said my ticket had been reinstated as booked. No questions. I have no doubt that the agent had no clue about AF claiming the fare was an error and suspect she simply viewed it as an itinerary that got shaken up by the virus.
that’s truly good luck with the agent! When are you going to fly? Send pictures!!
Old Sep 21, 2020, 4:26 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

that’s truly good luck with the agent! When are you going to fly? Send pictures!!
Not for several weeks yet. However, the dates I have at the moment no longer suit me because of the pandemic. I'm hoping for a fare difference waiver or at least a schedule change that will give me some room to move.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 5:00 am

Not for several weeks yet. However, the dates I have at the moment no longer suit me because of the pandemic. I'm hoping for a fare difference waiver or at least a schedule change that will give me some room to move.
Try to change your date of origin in the 300 miles radius. That saves you the way to ALG. It worked very well with a lot of BUD-US booking on Delta Stock. Also the date change to 2021 shouldn´t be a problem.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 5:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Try to change your date of origin in the 300 miles radius. That saves you the way to ALG. It worked very well with a lot of BUD-US booking on Delta Stock. Also the date change to 2021 shouldn´t be a problem.
I didn't know about the 300 mile change possibility. Thank you. However, I think the only AF destinations within 300 miles of ALG are Palma de Mallorca and Oran which isn't a lot of options.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 5:56 am

I didn't know about the 300 mile change possibility. Thank you. However, I think the only AF destinations within 300 miles of ALG are Palma de Mallorca and Oran which isn't a lot of options.
Depending on the agent also a bit further origins like BCN should be an option. There have been a few successful changes in the BUD-fare that prove this. PMI should also be easier than ALG regarding entry rules.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 10:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, FB Plat
Same here, still have 1A

Still, have some months to go before flight but starting to get itchy now. Think getting a refund at this stage would be hard, had to get ticket reinstated twice now.

Will see, at the end of the day, it's all part of the ff fun & games.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 2:03 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by MarcElMile
Same here, still have 1A

Still, have some months to go before flight but starting to get itchy now. Think getting a refund at this stage would be hard, had to get ticket reinstated twice now.

Will see, at the end of the day, it's all part of the ff fun & games.
I'm in the same boat as well.

Unfortunately my ticket is on AF Stock now. But why not give a try if and when I'd need to postpone the trip. Thanks for the hint, andigoeskiwi .
andigoeskiwi likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 6:26 pm

I have a ticket on DL stock that's never been touched (unsure why) and is still set to fly in November. Thanks for the tip about the 300 mile origin!
honzeek_cz and andigoeskiwi like this.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Which booking class was this in originally? Does anybody have the original fare code / fare rules?
Old Sep 30, 2020, 8:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Pretty sure this was originally F for the TATL and J for others, as it was a fully refundable ticket. Not sure where original code/rules are, I already refunded mine.
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Which booking class was this in originally? Does anybody have the original fare code / fare rules?
Yes, aquanine was correct. J for ALG-CDG, then F for TATL and J for inner-US. Fare basis was FFFWEU.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 12:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Thank you !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.