Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2021, 5:40 am

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
wow.... didn't realize that they were tickets in "f" that didn't get cancelled? congrats to those that manage to fly...
Old Dec 14, 2021, 6:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
If you still have active tickets, you might want to consider PMing others with your questions, instead of discussing openly. You never know who’s lurking here.
andigoeskiwi and wilsons like this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Here is a story of a success with this fare. My own story was far less stressful on the day of travel. https://princeoftravel.com/blog/the-...mistake-fares/

I will post after the weekend with my success story. If you are in Vegas for #zorkfest In Vegas this weekend, come and say hi.
nldogbert, 22H, flyer05 and 4 others like this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:51 am

Thanks again for this awesome fare. Was able to fly this earlier this month. TWOV took some time at ALG airport. After arrival I spent about 1.5 hours to get it done. Be prepared for many confused questions and a long wait. Also it helps if you speak French. Air France ground and air crew at CDG couldn't have been better. I was able to experience everything from a ride to the airport hotel to a full airside tour in a BMW 7 series before boarding the plane. My friend was traveling in economy and he was able to join me to the P lounge and could also join me on the airside drive. Feel free to PM me with any questions for people with active tickets!
​​​​​​​

our_kid, honzeek_cz, ncSam and 8 others like this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Here is a story of a success with this fare. My own story was far less stressful on the day of travel. https://princeoftravel.com/blog/the-...mistake-fares/

I will post after the weekend with my success story. If you are in Vegas for #zorkfest In Vegas this weekend, come and say hi.
Holy @!@!!! what a story.... glad you were able to fly it in F but dont think I could have dealt with the stress of all of that!
Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert

Thanks for sharing! Awesome play!!
Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
View From the Wing has posted a link to an external website that shows detailed notes and comments made by agents on DL tickets: https://pnr.sh/. A lot of it doesn't make sense to me but it might be interesting to see what's been mentioned about your ALG itinerary.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

For those that needed to get an Algerian visa, did the process take long?

I've been waiting almost a month to receive mine from my local Algerian embassy. It sounds like all the decisions are made in Algeria (or at least not at the local level) and the local post can't give me an update as to when a response will be received.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Where did those of you with no SkyTeam status credit the flight? Seems like Delta would be the best option?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 1:30 pm

Greetings from La Première on board AF72. Guys, please be careful. They tried to downgrade me to economy at the very last minute. Happy to share some advice via PM. If you still have active tickets, do not comment on Flyertalk. Assume that they are watching.
I’m sad I didn’t get to experience the lounge, but at least I’m on board. The way they treated me at the gate was epic: “How can you expect to fly in F for €500?! Delta contacted us and said you booked an economy fare!” - 5 minutes later: “I’m so sorry, Sir. I will follow you on board to make sure they have loaded enough first class meals. Thank you for your patience.”

I was very lucky for being so careless. Don’t repeat my mistakes. Feel free to DM for advice.
Old May 2, 2022, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danger
For those that needed to get an Algerian visa, did the process take long?

I've been waiting almost a month to receive mine from my local Algerian embassy. It sounds like all the decisions are made in Algeria (or at least not at the local level) and the local post can't give me an update as to when a response will be received.
One week but I used an agency.
Old May 2, 2022, 8:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TomMM
One week but I used an agency.
Thanks. I'm sadly about to give up and just get a refund on the fare. The Eid holiday is not helping processing time and I'm desperately running out of days before I leave home. It will be a real shame having come this far. I was going to credit to Flying Blue and hopefully start building SkyTeam status.
Old May 3, 2022, 3:42 am

Just do it without the visa, man. Don’t give up on this fare!
Old May 3, 2022, 3:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Just do it without the visa, man. Don’t give up on this fare!
I've got one day and I'll be trying my darnnedest. Unfortunately, the passport I'll be travelling on requires a visa even for transit so I doubt I'd be allowed to board my inbound flight without it.
Old May 3, 2022, 6:05 am

Ah .... Didn’t realize there were restrictions on TWOV for certain passport holders

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.