Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2020, 7:10 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
Yes as in this case the OTA work as a middle man pushing the money around. The OTA should have received a message that the airline is refunding the ticket and deliver the money to the customer. In short Delta can refund the money but generally it has to go though OTAs as Delta does not know your payment method as to them it was shows up as Priceline.

when I tried to request refund this tickets, Delta CS confirmed with me that the card is in my name and with my address. So the airline definitely know the cards paying the fare and can refund directly to original payment.
Old May 29, 2020, 7:56 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by freed0m
when I tried to request refund this tickets, Delta CS confirmed with me that the card is in my name and with my address. So the airline definitely know the cards paying the fare and can refund directly to original payment.
Should have been more specific. They know the billing address and such but they they don't have the full card details to do the transaction. General information stored is limited to protect CC numbers in case of security breaches. Sending money back to the original form of payment operates on a network level by asking MC/VISA/Amex to cancel the charge. What they store is limited to couple of digits and the billing information. They for example don't keep CVV codes without whom you can't completely finish the transaction
Old May 29, 2020, 9:30 pm

Should have been more specific. They know the billing address and such but they they don't have the full card details to do the transaction. General information stored is limited to protect CC numbers in case of security breaches. Sending money back to the original form of payment operates on a network level by asking MC/VISA/Amex to cancel the charge. What they store is limited to couple of digits and the billing information. They for example don't keep CVV codes without whom you can't completely finish the transaction
the merchant of record for my card charge is Delta, not Priceline, which I bought from. Doubt that Delta allows Priceline to charge with it as the merchant of record.

There was a separate charge from Priceline, I think, is the service fee.
Old May 29, 2020, 9:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
the merchant of record for my card charge is Delta, not Priceline, which I bought from. Doubt that Delta allows Priceline to charge with it as the merchant of record.

Sounds like my situation exactly. I booked on Priceline. On my credit card, there is a charge by Priceline for the service fee and a charge from Delta for the fare.

Several weeks ago I queried where the legal contract lies: whether it's with Delta and the passenger or Priceline and the passenger. I believe it's the former.
Old May 29, 2020, 11:14 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver

For me the only charge was Delta. No service fee or anything from Priceline. When I initially booked with Expedia there was a fee but I cancelled those tickets within the first 24 hours.
Old May 30, 2020, 5:59 am

Programs: M&M
This is factually untrue, the ticket I booked w/Priceline was refunded by Delta without any issues. Also, they do have access to all of the card details as it's part of the ticket info.
Old May 30, 2020, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by FrankTalk
This is factually untrue, the ticket I booked w/Priceline was refunded by Delta without any issues. Also, they do have access to all of the card details as it's part of the ticket info.
May I know how long it took for Delta to refund? Did Delta reissue the ticket back to 006 stock and refund?

thanks.
Old May 31, 2020, 1:22 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
After waiting for Delta to process my refund for 30 days, it still shows pending. I called the SG DL number, they said there is nothing that they can do as they are not part of the refund department.

I ened up calling PriceLine instead, they put me on hold and contacted Delta directly and requested the refund and it should be in my cc in the next 10 business days. My ticket number was changed back to 006 stock and I also provided the new ticket number to the agent.

I called in around 3AM EST, and the whole process took about 30 mins.

Last edited by Jma12; May 31, 2020 at 11:55 am
Old Jun 1, 2020, 3:06 pm

I just called the Delta refunds department and spent a long time on the phone with them. Ultimately, I got told that a manager will look at my refund case, but... that's it.

Originally Posted by jms_uk
They are processing refund requests from 27 March today.
Today the rep told me that they're now processing refund requests from March 28. So in the past 19 days, they've made it through a full one day's worth of refund requests, hooray!
Old Jun 1, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I honestly don't understand why you guys don't just go for the chargeback. I waited a couple weeks, then pulled the trigger. The money was refunded by Chase immediately. Let them deal with that mess.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I honestly don't understand why you guys don't just go for the chargeback. I waited a couple weeks, then pulled the trigger. The money was refunded by Chase immediately. Let them deal with that mess.
not all credit cards issued in all countries have easy chargeback policies in US...
Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: M&M
May I know how long it took for Delta to refund? Did Delta reissue the ticket back to 006 stock and refund?

thanks.
They did issue it back to 006. You can find my previous post detailing as much upthread, I posted the same day I called and the refund hit 2 days later.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 11:33 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I believe it was mentioned up thread that even in the US, Amex was giving people a hard time with charge backs on this fare.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I think Amex is generally quite tough with chargebacks at the moment.
I’m glad I paid with my Chase card.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Jma12
After waiting for Delta to process my refund for 30 days, it still shows pending. I called the SG DL number, they said there is nothing that they can do as they are not part of the refund department.

I ened up calling PriceLine instead, they put me on hold and contacted Delta directly and requested the refund and it should be in my cc in the next 10 business days. My ticket number was changed back to 006 stock and I also provided the new ticket number to the agent.

I called in around 3AM EST, and the whole process took about 30 mins.

May I know when your ticket was reissued back to 006 stock? Is it after you requested refund? By Delta or Priceline?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.