Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2020, 7:04 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
I know two people who was able to change it back to F. Unfortunately, I was not lucky
Old Apr 17, 2020, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jma12
I know two people who was able to change it back to F. Unfortunately, I was not lucky
Wish I knew a secret way to do it.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum, OZ Diamond, AC Prestige25K
People who claim to have tickets in F are probably looking at their ghost seat selection in 1A on the Delta app hoping that they stay in LP, not realizing that their ticket has already been reissued into J.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 11:22 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by chronicrelief
People who claim to have tickets in F are probably looking at their ghost seat selection in 1A on the Delta app hoping that they stay in LP, not realizing that their ticket has already been reissued into J.
Oh I forgot that the reservation numbers changed for Delta. So it very well might be that some tickets look like there in F. At the same time that would mean that people who think there in F ignored AF reissue emails
Old Apr 17, 2020, 11:30 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Thanks

Last edited by TalkingPoint; Apr 20, 2020 at 12:43 am
Old Apr 18, 2020, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Rémi Couturier is an actor, known for Le rêve des Apaches (2020), Le nouvel ami (2019) and Le carnivore (2015)

Old Apr 18, 2020, 8:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Deltahater
Once an aspiring big-name actor, now just another Air France lackey. Times certainly are tough.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 10:28 am

Programs: UA Plat (farewell DL :-<),Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
how bloody rude! 😡
Old Apr 18, 2020, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Yes, very condoscending. He thinks they are doing us a favor by putting us in an outdated, inferior business class seat. That seat is certainly not worth the ALG troubles
Old Apr 18, 2020, 5:04 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Since super discounted economy runs at 200-250 EUR round trip between Europe and US these days, and this fare was around 500 EUR one way, it is 4-5 times the price of super discounted economy, so more or less discounted business class (that runs at 1000-1300 EUR round trip these days). The only bonus is that this fare is refundable, and hopefully subject to the EU downgrade compensation that would indeed make it a "discounted economy" fare.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 5:20 pm

Yes, very condoscending. He thinks they are doing us a favor by putting us in an outdated, inferior business class seat. That seat is certainly not worth the ALG troubles
Depends which gateway you picked (I got an 777), but I do agree that is one condescending email. Somehow feel like it is coming from the LP desk where someone is pissed that someone tried to get the seat on the cheap.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 5:33 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ranskis
Since super discounted economy runs at 200-250 EUR round trip between Europe and US these days, and this fare was around 500 EUR one way, it is 4-5 times the price of super discounted economy, so more or less discounted business class (that runs at 1000-1300 EUR round trip these days). The only bonus is that this fare is refundable, and hopefully subject to the EU downgrade compensation that would indeed make it a "discounted economy" fare.
ALG = Algiers in Algeria. It is in Africa
Old Apr 18, 2020, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by ranskis
With some of the interesting fares around recently "discounted business" would almost be a stretch. I just find it weird that they would allow them to use such patronizing language. As it make it sound like "How dare you not like what we gave you"
If there was such disdain for the ticket existing, they could have just cancelled them and been done with us. However they put up with us because they need the cash rn.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
ALG-US west coast goes for 1450 Euros round trip. So for business it isn't like it is a deeply discounted ticket unless you need to only fly one-way. which opens up the can of why one-way tickets TA are so expensive.
Economy is 565 so lets just be honest in this case it doesn't make a huge difference if it is EU or North Africa. The airlines servicing these routes are more or less the same and they all offer at least one stop options so they compete with each other and drive the prices down. The same way they do in the EU.

Last edited by NextWhiteDeath; Apr 18, 2020 at 6:01 pm Reason: A word
Old Apr 18, 2020, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
You missed the point. Nobody booked this fare because they already are in ALGs. This was booked by Americans looking for a way home or by Europeans looking to get to the US.
This was a complex and interesting way to go from C2 to C1. in style.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.