Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2020, 6:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Air France's new policy on face masks will make it more challenging to swig the good stuff from the comfort of your suite.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...sks-mandatory/
Old May 9, 2020, 6:13 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by Jma12
I know two people who was able to change it back to F. Unfortunately, I was not lucky
I'm really interested knowing how their flights went. Could you please let me/us know about it once they've flown it?
Old May 10, 2020, 4:36 pm

Has anyone received a refund through regular Delta channels, i.e. without a chargeback? Depending on when you officially cancelled, we should be coming up on the end of the "30 business days" window.
Old May 10, 2020, 6:04 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Originally Posted by westwing
Has anyone received a refund through regular Delta channels, i.e. without a chargeback? Depending on when you officially cancelled, we should be coming up on the end of the "30 business days" window.
not yet. I did mine on the 3rd of April via Priceline
Old May 11, 2020, 1:02 am

This is interesting, I just called priceline and they said the refund process has not started because they do not have control of the ticket. Looks like i'm back to square one after a month of waiting being told by the lovely gentlemen in Priceine that it will be done.
Old May 11, 2020, 10:35 am

db07mufan, what a pain!
Old May 11, 2020, 1:24 pm

Two tickets:
One initiated April 1st -- still pending
One reissued back on 006 stock before refunding -- went through and credited same day

Guessing anything still on AF stock will need to be manually processed, and the manual processing backlog is 30 biz days+. For future people refunding, try to get an agent who will retake control of the ticket before refunding.
Old May 11, 2020, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Zwiebelbauer
Two tickets:
One initiated April 1st -- still pending
One reissued back on 006 stock before refunding -- went through and credited same day

Guessing anything still on AF stock will need to be manually processed, and the manual processing backlog is 30 biz days+. For future people refunding, try to get an agent who will retake control of the ticket before refunding.
006 stock is Air France may I ask?

Originally Posted by westwing
db07mufan, what a pain!
Yes it is, what a waste of time. I've submitted a chargeback to my credit card company hopefully it works.
Old May 11, 2020, 8:06 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by db07mufan
006 stock is Air France may I ask?
006 is Delta ticket stock. Generally it doesn't matter unless something goes wrong. In this case the problem is different refund times. Other times they can play games as who you should be talking to change the ticket (which has also happened here).
For me the worst situation in the operating carrier not owning the ticket has been being more or less forced to spend another night abroad at the same time seeing multiple flights they can put me on. Both sides couldn't decide who should rebook me.
Old May 11, 2020, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
006 is Delta ticket stock. Generally it doesn't matter unless something goes wrong. In this case the problem is different refund times. Other times they can play games as who you should be talking to change the ticket (which has also happened here).
For me the worst situation in the operating carrier not owning the ticket has been being more or less forced to spend another night abroad at the same time seeing multiple flights they can put me on. Both sides couldn't decide who should rebook me.
I'm at my wits end. I seemed to be tossed right around between Priceline, Delta and Air France. No one has control of the ticket apparently. Sigh. I've done a few mistake fares in the past but this is the most frustrating ever!
Old May 12, 2020, 3:40 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
There is hope, guys! I got the money refunded by Delta after 30 days of waiting.
Old May 12, 2020, 3:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I will always book such fares with Chase in the future. The money was back in my card immediately. Amex takes week processing disputes.
Old May 12, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by db07mufan
I'm at my wits end. I seemed to be tossed right around between Priceline, Delta and Air France. No one has control of the ticket apparently. Sigh. I've done a few mistake fares in the past but this is the most frustrating ever!
It is better then being tossed around when you need something now. By the end of that night I was so pissed off. As nobody would do anything and the last agent told me off for sounding aggressive when I was explaining the previous conversation chains.
I haven't refunded the ticket yet as I am thinking of visiting Algeria so the ticket is useful. If I do change anything the first thing I'll be looking for is to get the ticket back to Delta stock so I can limit the mess and confusion.
Old May 12, 2020, 9:25 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by B0gdan
There is hope, guys! I got the money refunded by Delta after 30 days of waiting.
Congrats

Was it 30 days or 30 business days after delta submitted your refund request?
Old May 12, 2020, 9:41 am

30 business days for me, refund still shows as pending on Delta refund website. Chargeback with Citi initiated two weeks ago, money back in account within 24 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.