Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2020, 10:03 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Got a chat yesterday and they told me it is 30 business days (without weekend and holydays). It seems that they are now dealing request around end of march.
Mine dated of April 10th would probably be done end of next week.
Old May 12, 2020, 10:48 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
30 business days for me, refund still shows as pending on Delta refund website. Chargeback with Citi initiated two weeks ago, money back in account within 24 hours.
Glad to hear Citi was quick to refund. I'm going to wait another week before filing a chargeback.
Old May 13, 2020, 12:47 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Congrats

Was it 30 days or 30 business days after delta submitted your refund request?
Submitted my request April 6th so more or less 30 calendar days.
FlyingFrZ likes this.
Old May 13, 2020, 12:17 pm

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
It's been 6 weeks since I called DL and by the time they sent me the refund reference # Today I phoned DL to see the progress. Aside from telling me that they are behind, expect 2 to 3 weeks more.. before we do something, hopefully..
Old May 13, 2020, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, FB Gold
I filed the refund request via DL around 14 March and got my money back on the card 3 days ago.
Old May 13, 2020, 12:26 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
They are processing refund requests from 27 March today.
Old May 13, 2020, 9:13 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I filed a complaint with US DOT regarding mine, this is nutso, I requested a refund on April 7.
Old May 15, 2020, 4:07 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
I requested a refund via Facebook messenger. Got refund request numbers within 10 mins. The agent told me it may take up to 30 days. I told her DOT directive gives them 7 days. Refund hit within 5 days.
armouredant likes this.
Old May 19, 2020, 8:29 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Went ahead with the chargeback claim. Enough is enough.

Might even move forward with a DOT claim.
Old May 26, 2020, 8:05 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by Deltahater
I requested a refund via Facebook messenger. Got refund request numbers within 10 mins. The agent told me it may take up to 30 days. I told her DOT directive gives them 7 days. Refund hit within 5 days.

Did Delta reissue the ticket back to 006 stock, then refund?

What I received in email after requesting refund is only "submitted for review"....

Thanks.
Old May 26, 2020, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by db07mufan
I'm at my wits end. I seemed to be tossed right around between Priceline, Delta and Air France. No one has control of the ticket apparently. Sigh. I've done a few mistake fares in the past but this is the most frustrating ever!
AF took control of the ticket, but did not have the money. DL has the money but refuses to reissue my ticket back to 006 stock and refund...

What a mess AF created!

This will be my last attempt on AF La Première error ticket.
Old May 27, 2020, 10:26 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Originally Posted by freed0m
AF took control of the ticket, but did not have the money. DL has the money but refuses to reissue my ticket back to 006 stock and refund...

What a mess AF created!

This will be my last attempt on AF La Première error ticket.
What's next for you, did you submit a chargeback.
Old May 27, 2020, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by db07mufan
What's next for you, did you submit a chargeback.
I called delta again. This time, the agent helped me submit for refund review.
Old May 29, 2020, 3:53 pm

Can anyone weigh in on a question I have about chargebacks? I bought 2 to of these ferrors, one on Expedia and the other on Priceline. But I initiated refunds for both directly with Delta customer service. Well of course it's been two months this coming Monday, so chargeback time it is. My questions is this: can I initiate a chargeback against Expedia and Priceline even though Delta has agreed to refund the money directly?
Old May 29, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by westwing
Can anyone weigh in on a question I have about chargebacks? I bought 2 to of these ferrors, one on Expedia and the other on Priceline. But I initiated refunds for both directly with Delta customer service. Well of course it's been two months this coming Monday, so chargeback time it is. My questions is this: can I initiate a chargeback against Expedia and Priceline even though Delta has agreed to refund the money directly?
Yes as in this case the OTA work as a middle man pushing the money around. The OTA should have received a message that the airline is refunding the ticket and deliver the money to the customer. In short Delta can refund the money but generally it has to go though OTAs as Delta does not know your payment method as to them it was shows up as Priceline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.