Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by MarcElMile
Additionally, it may be an interesting data point for some here that the airline can in fact change the booking, though most agents tell you no.
Of course the airline can change the booking - somehow your agent did it while waiving a fare difference.

That will likely end up on an exception report somewhere and cause your ticket to be reviewed - but please let us know what happens
Old Apr 9, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by delanet
it already been reported then someone was redowngraded after blabbing here... 🤦‍♂️
I don't think this is the case, to be honest.

It's the internet, and you should have a healthy amount of skepticism about what you read.

It's possible that they said this to avoid bringing further attention or to avoid FTers asking about it. Or not.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 11:52 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by delanet
why not just paint a target on your back? You don’t think AF will read this? Why not just give you PNR too you make it even easier for them.

it already been reported then someone was redowngraded after blabbing here... 🤦‍♂️
It could be just one case that he got put back in AF F. I tried to call DL, AF, KLM and no luck getting them put back in F, they also made notes under my ticket. I will be cancelling it if it is in J. I'll report back when this is complete.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 7:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Succeeded to have my cancellation with delta. Now waiting for the charge back on my card.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 11:36 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Had a troublesome encounter with the refund I hope it turns out.

1. Got an email from Priceline to contact Delta for the refund.
2. Called Delta, they said control still with Priceline and they should do the refund.
3. Called Priceline again, told them what happened they said they will be able to issue the refund.
4. After three hours, got an email to call Priceline as there were some issues regarding the booking.
5. Called Priceline they said, Delta has taken back control of the ticket and they cannot issue the refund.
6. Called Delta, said no, Priceline is responsible for the refund.
7. Called Priceline, different tune this time the CS said the refund has already been submitted for finance and that I shall just wait for the money to be back in my credit card.

Four days since, still waiting for the refund.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 4:06 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Just as a data point, the DL iMessage chat had no problem cancelling the ticket
Old Apr 12, 2020, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Wanted to add my experience since it was pretty painless.

Decided to cancel my tickets so I contacted delta via Twitter. Told them that my ticket was involuntarily downgraded. They responded with this message

"Thank you for your patience, I have reviewed the reservation and see the fare was booked in error with a mistaken cost of the fare for La Premiere. Customers who recently purchased one-way Air France La Premiere ticket(s) from Algeria to the US are being rebooked in Business Class due to the incorrect fare. If you do not wish to travel as rebooked you are able to have full refund."

Asked them for a refund and they provided me a refund reference number.

Hopefully it will hit my card sooner rather than later.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Who is planning on flying this in J?
Old Apr 12, 2020, 10:42 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Deltahater
Who is planning on flying this in J?
I was about to ask as well. As I'm planning on getting the compensation for a downgrade I am thinking of flying it. Haven't been to Algeria and wouldn't mind taking the long way home and visit some friends in the US
brabb12 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
I was about to ask as well. As I'm planning on getting the compensation for a downgrade I am thinking of flying it. Haven't been to Algeria and wouldn't mind taking the long way home and visit some friends in the US
Same here. If I can get compensated for it, I will go ahead and fly it.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 11:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by brabb12
Same here. If I can get compensated for it, I will go ahead and fly it.
Thats the catch 22. You can’t apply for downgrade compensation after the fact, but if the airline is claiming a mistake, it is unlikely they plan on paying compensation...
Old Apr 12, 2020, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Thats the catch 22. You can’t apply for downgrade compensation after the fact, but if the airline is claiming a mistake, it is unlikely they plan on paying compensation...
Its less of a catch 22 for me as more you know you'll have to fight for a bit and then they'll payout.
From some of my previous experiences. AF-KLM are some of the easiest to get compensation out of. It isn't like Lufthansa or BA where they flat out denied that it exists and it takes 6 months to sort it out.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 11:44 pm
RY7

I have booked this fare weeks prior and AF took the control over my ticket, changed to AF.
Got a mail from AF days after they downgraded me, also stated that I can get a refund.
Which I will to do so, because theres no way I see myself traveling to ALG just to fly AF 330 C.
Not worth it
Old Apr 15, 2020, 6:38 pm

Looks like AF zeroed out all inventory for May. Had a booking that was still in La Premiere (on AF stock -- think it was an oversight as I had other tickets downgraded and it looks like they did do all of them manually), but the flight is now canceled
Going to try and get a refund from DL.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Zwiebelbauer
Looks like AF zeroed out all inventory for May. Had a booking that was still in La Premiere (on AF stock -- think it was an oversight as I had other tickets downgraded and it looks like they did do all of them manually), but the flight is now canceled
Going to try and get a refund from DL.
That was an ambitious booking. Hoping to fly in May. I would imagine that if you tried to rebook because if the cancellation they would downgrade you straight away. Hope you can get a speedy refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.