FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way
Old Jun 11, 2020, 2:17 am
NextWhiteDeath

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ranskis
Since when Z means "non refundable" ? AF has Z fares in some markets that are fully refundable; and some C fares that are refundable with penalty. But here, it was F fare of FF type = fully refundable. The fare basis is what holds the rules about the fare, not the booking class Z or C.
Im not arguing about that. I'm just saying that a lazy person will see it Z and try to tell you that it is non-refundable. I had the same experience when I tried to cancel. I had to explain to all parties involved that it started as a Le Premier Fully Flexible ticket. They had to go running around the fare code before I could even get them to acknowledge that I could cancel the ticket and get my money back.
As everyone is currently overwhelmed with request they start to cut corners. They see it's business Z they quickly respond it restricted business class and refund isn't an option without a cancellation.