FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way
Old Jun 27, 2020, 6:55 am
maxvor

Originally Posted by mlqsko
I am still waiting for mine submitted April 1st.
I can imagine you can wait and wait and wait, if you don't push it.
I've requested my refund around same time, processed, given the refund tracking code. Was patient enough till June (only inquired of status once via Twitter during those 2 months). After that I just started to get annoyed by no resolution in sight (that coincided with the time when Delta had 6-8 hours wait time in call centers). After a few futile attempts to reach a human on phone, a few ping-pongs in Twitter (one even saying that they cannot do anything since it's PL ticket, so I need to contact them, that is after refund was put in the refund queue 2 months before that) I just gave up, submitted DOT complaint and sent a message that if not refund was processed in the next 10 days, I'd apply for chargeback. Not sure what exactly worked or it's a pure coincidence, but 5 days after that refunded amount was on my credit card.
On funny note, I think this whole situation is a mess and even Delta agents don't know how to handle it properly. I do have my refund now, but the AirFrance ticket that was issued after taking over Delta's reservation is still alive and kicking: I have it in my AirFrance app, I can change seats etc. I'm not planning even to try to fly it since I've already booked something else around same dates, but I wonder what would happen if I just showed up at the airport on departure date.