Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK - CDG on AA J non-stop for $1366

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK - CDG on AA J non-stop for $1366

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by shellyphl
I was getting the forbidden error on my laptop on multiple browsers. Booked on my phone, JFK - FCO over Easter for $985. Connection thru LHR on the outbound, non-stop on the return. Thanks all for this tip!
I've been searching for JFK/LGA/EWR-FCO around easter and still just getting $2200++
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA ExP, DL, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by absoluy
I've been searching for JFK/LGA/EWR-FCO around easter and still just getting $2200++
My dates were 4/8 - 4/14. Assuming you also selected different hotel dates than flight dates? I did that then sorted by lowest price, fully intending that the hotel be a throw-away.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
GOT ONE!!!!

so booked lax-lhr-lax during 4th of July weekend for $2015. I pulled the trigger and it just kept swirling and swirling (forbidden acces time). It was about 2:30pm pst. So I closed it and thought nothing happened. Just checked my email and I just got confirmation now!

so can one just not show up to the hotel?
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by KL808
so can one just not show up to the hotel?
Generally speaking, no-showing a hotel should not cancel your return flight.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
i am dubious on that agent's information
Originally Posted by rtwbrad
What dates did you find that FCO deal from LAX? I'm seeing nothing close to that.

The agent needs to read the T&Cs
I spoke with 2 different agents specifically about canceling my confirmed reservation. They both told me that unless the hotel specifically states "non-refundable" or "restrictive" (mine doesn't) then you can still cancel for free within 24 hours. I did a dummy search and found some "restrictive" hotels and this is what it says under policies:

Restrictive : Changes to specific room categories identified in the booking path as restrictive are based on current availability and pricing. If the room is also non-refundable, the room cannot be changed or refunded.
Going to sleep on it and see if I want to keep this res
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by benjinito
I spoke with 2 different agents specifically about canceling my confirmed reservation. They both told me that unless the hotel specifically states "non-refundable" or "restrictive" (mine doesn't) then you can still cancel for free within 24 hours. I did a dummy search and found some "restrictive" hotels and this is what it says under policies:

Going to sleep on it and see if I want to keep this res
Whatever happened to “don’t call the airline”?
Old Dec 13, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
removed at @steveholt's request.

Last edited by donotblink; Dec 13, 2019 at 7:37 pm
Old Dec 13, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
[Don't use the m- word!]

Last edited by steveholt; Dec 14, 2019 at 8:51 am Reason: Quote removed
Old Dec 13, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by steveholt
1) Please don't say (redacted) in this forum.
2) This has been active for more than 12 hours now and the JFK-CDG fare is competitive (more expensive) than the cheapest J fare in the market, B0'S EWR-CDG fare. AA might crack down on people booking J tickets with hostels and simply not showing up at the hotel in the future, but this is a steep discount, not what you're implying.
B0 is really basically premium economy. Since my post bothers you (I couldn't find a rule in the flyertalk rules that say you can't discuss that), I will delete it. Feel free to delete your quote of my verbiage.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA PPro
I"m seeing $2200 for alot of fares, which is not bad, but not the great fare of $1200. But I"m from PDX so add $500 RT to NYC for me and still a goo deal but not great.

Why don't they have these from West coast to Asia?
Old Dec 13, 2019, 9:02 pm

blah... getting Forbidden using multiple browsers and devices.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 9:02 pm

Wonder if crediting to AS will work after March 2020 ...
Old Dec 13, 2019, 9:10 pm

What? What? M- fare? Somebody called the airline? We have to show up at the hotel?

I am totally confident that AAvacations would never do such a thing. Enjoy the flight, the tier points, forget about the dumpster hotel you booked in Saint Denis.
soartoday likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by benjinito
I am sorry for calling AA. It didn't even occur to me at all that this was a m- fare and I shouldn't have called. I am perfectly ok with being called a dumbass when I am one. Really sorry to everyone here.

Even it is not you, someone will eventually make it, most likely it is not because of you.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Not allowed access to Vacation Packages from Firefox & Chrome browser

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this server

Why am I getting this message? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.