Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK - CDG on AA J non-stop for $1366

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK - CDG on AA J non-stop for $1366

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2020, 9:54 pm

Anyone have luck cancelling with the schedule change?

they changed my aa flight by three hours before what I was scheduled to depart.

curious if anyone has had success canceling with a several hour schedule change!

thanks hope all are well!
Old May 12, 2020, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by xychromosome
FYI, update on my post above. I am yet to receive a refund from AA. My trip was canceled on 24Mar2020 and I received a cancelation notification from AA Vacations on that date. I called last week to get an update on the refund and the agent told me 2-3 weeks. Today is 3 weeks, so I will call them again in a few days if I don't get a refund before then.

Has anyone reported receiving a refund from AA vacation for a canceled trip? Curious to learn of how long it typically takes to receive a refund.
I’m now at the four week mark since cancelling my vacation package. No refund yet. Curious if you eventually received a refund, and how long did the refund process take for you? Any recent data points are appreciated.
af fp likes this.
Old May 12, 2020, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Robert
I’m now at the four week mark since cancelling my vacation package. No refund yet. Curious if you eventually received a refund, and how long did the refund process take for you? Any recent data points are appreciated.
As a data point:

I cancelled my package (booked for April) in March -- at that point there was a government warning not to travel, so it was covered by my travel insurance. Travel insurance wanted a letter from AA saying that everything was nonrefundable. I wrote to AA at the beginning of April asking for confirmation that the flights and hotel were nonrefundable. Suddenly, at the beginning of May everything was refunded back to the Amex it was booked on. I didn't ask for (or need) a refund, so I was pretty impressed.
Robert likes this.
Old May 12, 2020, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Robert
I called yesterday actually for an update, this being 7 weeks since the trip was cancelled. I was told the credit was issued to my CC on 08May2020, although I haven't seen it on my CC balance as of yet.
Robert likes this.
Old May 12, 2020, 9:37 am

I called yesterday actually for an update, this being 7 weeks since the trip was cancelled. I was told the credit was issued to my CC on 08May2020, although I haven't seen it on my CC balance as of yet.
Thanks for the update, xychromosome. So much for the 14 to 21 day refund window that we were both advised upon cancellation.
Old May 12, 2020, 12:02 pm

OK, so for me the trip is scheduled for early July on BA. My expectation is that the Schengen borders will still be closed, I only noticed that one of the 4 flights was re-scheduled two hours earlier (not a big deal if we are allowed to fly). Can I ask for a refund already? Should I wait until there is either an official confirmation that the borders are closed or for one of the 4 flights to be cancelled? Any advice appreciated. Will they refund the hotel too? For what it is worth, I paid the $128 each for PDP/pre-departure protection. I paid with a platinum AmEx if it helps.
Old May 12, 2020, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by af fp
OK, so for me the trip is scheduled for early July on BA. My expectation is that the Schengen borders will still be closed, I only noticed that one of the 4 flights was re-scheduled two hours earlier (not a big deal if we are allowed to fly). Can I ask for a refund already? Should I wait until there is either an official confirmation that the borders are closed or for one of the 4 flights to be cancelled? Any advice appreciated. Will they refund the hotel too? For what it is worth, I paid the $128 each for PDP/pre-departure protection. I paid with a platinum AmEx if it helps.
If you do call and ask for a refund please update us here. My trip is end of August. Last time I checked there were no schedule changes for any of the flights. I'd like to cancel but am waiting for a change of schedule first.
Old May 12, 2020, 9:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
I cancelled one (based on a big schedule change) this week and was advised it would be 6-8 weeks to receive a refund.
Old May 15, 2020, 7:27 am

Update: I finally received a credit on my CC from AA today (15May2020). Note that I was refunded the full amount of the airfare, while receiving an AA credit for the bundled portion of the hotel ($229), which I'm fine with. So from cancellation to refund was almost 8 weeks in my case.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 3:19 pm

Had a few schedule changes with this trip, had another big one last night, actually last night was a blood bath with AA. Just got off the phone with AA vacations, had a hour long wait, yikes! Gave me full refund. She was super nice about it, didn't try to push vouchers on me or anything. Now, let's see how long it takes to come back to my card.

Quick note, for those that were booked on BA flights and paid for Seat Selections, don't forget to call up BA and get those refunded as well.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 8:11 pm

Programs: Delta, American, JetBlue
While I would prefer to be flying to Paris tomorrow, our trip will be refunded. At the end of May there was a schedule change of over 60 minutes and the flight was refunded. I was originally told that the hotel was non-refundable, no voucher, too bad. I explained that the hotel website stated that the hotel would not be open until August 24. AAVacation said that they would send a request for a waiver to the hotel. The waiver finally came through and I'm in queue to be refunded for the hotel portion. It took 9 weeks to refund the hotel portion.

Last edited by Raven_FL; Oct 26, 2020 at 1:48 pm Reason: Update on hotel refund.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:13 pm

My JFK-LHR segment was finally cancelled a couple of weeks ago. Called AAVacations and got an agent that refused to cancel/refund. Asked to speak to a supervisor. Supervisor processed my request cancelling the reservation saying it would take ~6 weeks to get the refund.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 1:20 pm

I was in a position to keep my trip and take it (with flight changes, since the original flights were cancelled). In fact after a few days in France I was in no rush to come home, so I called AA and asked if I could delay my return by a few days. After a long wait, maybe 15 minutes, I was quoted $400 or so per person for the change, which surprised me given the wide availability on the flights. I declined, called back, and the next agent told me that I was allowed one free change because of the pandemic, and got me the flights and date I wanted for free.
I reviewed the trip elsewhere, generally not too bad with the stupid catering issues most know about already: no food at all on LGA-DFW and we had to request drinks, good service on DFW-CDG, with food served on one tray covered in aluminum and proactive flight attendants, dumb picnic food on BA CDG-LHR-JFK but liberal champagne and hard liquor service. Overall acceptable. Most of the staff on the ground and in the air doing their best, with few exceptions.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 9:24 am

FINALLY got my refund. From my previous post, took nearly 2 months to get my refund after I cancelled.

took 7 weeks for aa vacations to process the refund and another week for it to hit my credit card.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
FINALLY got my refund. From my previous post, took nearly 2 months to get my refund after I cancelled.

took 7 weeks for aa vacations to process the refund and another week for it to hit my credit card.
Did you have to follow up with them at any point after you cancelled or did you just wait it out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.