Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK - CDG on AA J non-stop for $1366

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK - CDG on AA J non-stop for $1366

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2019, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL plat
Originally Posted by absoluy
The DL deal was mentioned in this thread before the other one was created.
I know, spuriously it was. Still, the AA m.... to AA direct destinations from JFK (CDG, MAD, BCN, MIL and FCO) is distinctly different from a decent sale in low business season to eastern europe/balkans. The two are unrelated
Old Dec 15, 2019, 9:06 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Folks,
friendly moderator warning. Keep this thread on topic. Off topic posts will be deleted without warning.

ryandc99
​​​​​​​moderator mileage run
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
Thanks to GAMECOCK for the idea of Orbitz. I just booked IAH-Prague package on Orbitz. $3081 for two bz plus 3 nights of 4 star hotel in an awesome area. This has to be the best deal I have found. The flights are on DL/AF and there are a 5 hour lay over in JFK AND very limited dates ~ July 29 - ~ August 15. Thanks.
Just my .02, but considering this thread is specific to hotel + flight package deals between the U.S. and Europe, I think Gamecock's comment (and this one) are on-topic. Just wanted to add that I managed to get IAH-PRG on the same dates priced as low as $1,199 (J on AF in both directions with a CDG layover) - and you can do it for only one pax, not two. The key is also to indicate that you only need a hotel for part of your stay - it's a checkbox on the initial search menu. If only AA vacations had one...

You can also get quite a good deal even in a 5* hotel - there are a number of top-ranked five-star small hotels available for under $1,500 all-in (but only if you check the aforementioned box and state you only want a three-night hotel stay). Prague still has some great hotels available at a reasonable price - excluding North American chains like the Four Seasons, at least - but only $100/night (including taxes) in a major travel destination during peak season?? That is incredible!
Old Dec 16, 2019, 4:57 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by kirker
The key is also to indicate that you only need a hotel for part of your stay - it's a checkbox on the initial search menu. If only AA vacations had one...
AA vacations does actually have this search function to book a hotel for part of the trip - but it does make you book a minimum of three nights hotel (although the three nights can be any three consecutive nights during the trip dates).
Old Dec 16, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Originally Posted by kirker
Just my .02, but considering this thread is specific to hotel + flight package deals between the U.S. and Europe, I think Gamecock's comment (and this one) are on-topic. Just wanted to add that I managed to get IAH-PRG on the same dates priced as low as $1,199 (J on AF in both directions with a CDG layover) - and you can do it for only one pax, not two. The key is also to indicate that you only need a hotel for part of your stay - it's a checkbox on the initial search menu. If only AA vacations had one...

You can also get quite a good deal even in a 5* hotel - there are a number of top-ranked five-star small hotels available for under $1,500 all-in (but only if you check the aforementioned box and state you only want a three-night hotel stay). Prague still has some great hotels available at a reasonable price - excluding North American chains like the Four Seasons, at least - but only $100/night (including taxes) in a major travel destination during peak season?? That is incredible!
What is your return date? I was not able to get the return through cdg.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Called AAV and ticketed. Issue was an error on their part -now fixed. If anyone has on request suggest checking BA site and if showing status: confirmed call AAV.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
Thanks to GAMECOCK for the idea of Orbitz. I just booked IAH-Prague package on Orbitz. $3081 for two bz plus 3 nights of 4 star hotel in an awesome area. This has to be the best deal I have found. The flights are on DL/AF and there are a 5 hour lay over in JFK AND very limited dates ~ July 29 - ~ August 15. Thanks.
I have been shopping PE flights for my trip for the last couple of months that have priced out about the same cost. This deal, regardless of which carrier you fly is very good!
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:17 pm

Is there a more global search method?

Is there a way to do a search using flexible dates and departure city or is the only way to be thorough is to check each date, departure city, arrival city one by one. My schedule is very flexible and I am open to pretty much any European destination.

Thanks in advance!

Meg
Old Dec 16, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Well this is turning into an insane trip in the best of ways. Mine did ticket today, and I was able to clear the whole family J-F on AA 137 for the return flight. Got BA seat assignments for the outbound without the fee because of the infant ticket & we're good to go! A useful note- the reason it didn't ticket automatically was I pulled a few miles to lower the price, and that has to be done manually during office hours.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Megcom
Is there a way to do a search using flexible dates and departure city or is the only way to be thorough is to check each date, departure city, arrival city one by one. My schedule is very flexible and I am open to pretty much any European destination.

Thanks in advance!

Meg

Maybe first look with Expertflyer for the booking class availability? The AA deal books in I, so you can look for I class +/- 3 days and you cover a week. Not very straightforward. For DL I suppose the class is Z but not sure, and since they refuse to be on Expertflyer, you have to find AF, KL or VS availability and hope it matches. Without Expertflyer, I cannot think of anything, and still you will need to go city by city and week by week and then confirm the fare on AAvacations for AA and Orbitz/Expedia/etc for DL.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47
FWIW, I have had it take 24hrs + for codeshare/partner flights to ticket many times in the past. 3/4 of my flights for this one are on BA, so I can see that as being the issue. Plus the system definitely took a hit from all the traffic yesterday, the agent I worked with kept saying it was slower than usual. I didn't give her my thoughts on why that might be....
I just got an email from AAvacations that it ticketed. Definitely slow, but all official now!
soartoday likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 5:35 pm

Ao it looks like this is standing so far? But is the fare
still available?
Old Dec 16, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by af fp
Ao it looks like this is standing so far? But is the fare
still available?
Seems like a pretty normal fare sale. Certainly not the lowest ever rates in many of these markets. It looks like the fare that was available isn't available anymore, but there are some that are almost as good (about $2k pp rt).
Old Dec 17, 2019, 12:55 pm

To AF FP, That is a great idea. Thank you!
af fp likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 3:04 pm

Thanks OP. It is very good deal, our family of four bought tickets to Rome from LAX during peak summer travel season for a total of $4200.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.