Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK - CDG on AA J non-stop for $1366

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK - CDG on AA J non-stop for $1366

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2019, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by amtbooks
Thanks OP. It is very good deal, our family of four bought tickets to Rome from LAX during peak summer travel season for a total of $4200.
What a great deal! Congrats! I'm still kicking myself in the butt for not pulling the trigger on this deal as I need to be in Europe this summer.

Hope you're not planning on spending too much time in Rome in July/August. It's not pleasant.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by amtbooks
Thanks OP. It is very good deal, our family of four bought tickets to Rome from LAX during peak summer travel season for a total of $4200.
When did you book that?
Old Dec 17, 2019, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
When did you book that?
Two days ago and got ticketed today.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: BA GGL
I've been browsing furiously, but to no avail. I have a friend who is based near ORD, but would happily fly from JFK/MIA for such a deal to CDG (or even similar EU locations tbh!). Dates are in and around 17th January for 7-10(ish) days, but I'm unable to replicate. Sorry to seem like I'm asking others to do the work, just struggling to get anything to surface. If, that is, the deal is even still active...
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
I've been browsing furiously, but to no avail. I have a friend who is based near ORD, but would happily fly from JFK/MIA for such a deal to CDG (or even similar EU locations tbh!). Dates are in and around 17th January for 7-10(ish) days, but I'm unable to replicate. Sorry to seem like I'm asking others to do the work, just struggling to get anything to surface. If, that is, the deal is even still active...
This deal is several days old now. I'm afraid you've missed the window here.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by GTITAN
If you saw an asterisk by the fares, EQDs will be on distance at 25% if there were no asterisk, it will be at fare plus surcharges.

Safe Travels
Does the asterisk look like this in the email confirmation? A little confused because there are multiple asterisks.

*Operated By British Airways
International=Business/Domestic U.S=First(I *)
Old Dec 20, 2019, 2:00 am

At this stage, tickets issued a week ago, no scary story of downgrade or cancellation, is it OK for me to book my other travel arrangements?
Old Dec 20, 2019, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by soartoday
Does the asterisk look like this in the email confirmation? A little confused because there are multiple asterisks.

*Operated By British Airways
International=Business/Domestic U.S=First(I *)
the “(I*)” is that you are looking for. So yes special fare.
soartoday likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by af fp
At this stage, tickets issued a week ago, no scary story of downgrade or cancellation, is it OK for me to book my other travel arrangements?
Personally, I have no reason to believe this was anything other than a good fare discount for certain dates on some routes.
af fp and Antarius like this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by soartoday
Personally, I have no reason to believe this was anything other than a good fare discount for certain dates on some routes.
Also, the fare, while excellent, is not *so* low that it is a clear and obvious mistake fare; this is the only way the DOT would let them cancel it. I got a 1600 USD IAH-SIN roundtrip last year on QR for example in J and there have been other deals like this too.
CFM3RD and GTITAN like this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
Coronavirus

Have a booking for May. Worried about the virus given that Fance reported almost 2k cases now. Any luck cancelling/moving this package?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 8:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Bacopa
Have a booking for May. Worried about the virus given that Fance reported almost 2k cases now. Any luck cancelling/moving this package?
Wait a few days as AA is mooting another round of cancellations.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 8:33 pm

I was also wondering about cancelling. I’m booked for the beginning of April. 😬
Old Mar 11, 2020, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
After the travel ban announcement there will likely be pretty big changes to the travel waivers.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
FWIW, I changed this last night to a domestic trip. Some things that might help from my DP:

- I called the ExPlat desk and was told that I needed to work with AA Vacations for this and that standard AA reservations couldn't do anything.
- AA Vacations is offering the same waiver rules. My original two tickets were around ~$2400 and I was given back ~$2200 for the air component with AA offering to ask the hostel that served as the hotel component to refund the remaining $200. I imagine it's not very high on their list of priorities right now and I'm not planning on pushing it if I never hear back.
- Crucially -- and this was a big difference -- per both the ExPlat and Vacations desk, flights booked with AA that are cancelled allow for a credit and then a subsequent voucher if you don't spend it all. So if I purchased a $2,400 set of tickets from AA and then used the value of the cancelled ticket to buy a $600 flight, AA would send me a voucher for $1800 of credit. Because these flights were booked through vacations, you need to use the entire value of the cancelled ticket in one go.

I would imagine AA will be issuing a strengthened waiver in the morning, but not sure how that will impact AA Vacations tickets. Best of luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.