Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK - CDG on AA J non-stop for $1366

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK - CDG on AA J non-stop for $1366

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2020, 11:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Unionruler
Wait a few days as AA is mooting another round of cancellations.
This weekend's schedule change load is expected to be the largest in US carriers' history.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:06 pm

So, here is my situation, for those of you who would have time to give some insight: I bought a trip for two and now we need to separate our trips, can we do this? One of us would stay longer in Europe and meet family in Ireland, the other one would go home and work.
I purchased the PDP (pre-departure protection waiver).
Ideally, my companion will come back from Dublin, but if he has to re-position to Paris, he can do this too. Or maybe we can set-up a very long stop over in London, since our current inbound flight is PAR-LON-USA.

If it costs too much to change, he can also be a no-show on the return part of the trip and we can buy a separate flight DUB-USA.

Since we had booked only one hotel stay, can we split the booking and add another hotel stay in order to have two viable trips?

Another idea, since we will likely be able to work remotely: I could also go t Ireland and work from there...
Old Mar 12, 2020, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by af fp
So, here is my situation, for those of you who would have time to give some insight: I bought a trip for two and now we need to separate our trips, can we do this? One of us would stay longer in Europe and meet family in Ireland, the other one would go home and work.
I purchased the PDP (pre-departure protection waiver).
Ideally, my companion will come back from Dublin, but if he has to re-position to Paris, he can do this too. Or maybe we can set-up a very long stop over in London, since our current inbound flight is PAR-LON-USA.

If it costs too much to change, he can also be a no-show on the return part of the trip and we can buy a separate flight DUB-USA.

Since we had booked only one hotel stay, can we split the booking and add another hotel stay in order to have two viable trips?

Another idea, since we will likely be able to work remotely: I could also go t Ireland and work from there...
You should be able to call to separate the air PNRs into two record locators.
af fp likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:08 pm

Also called to cancel this today -- like others said, AA Vacations can only offer a credit for the flight portion. They are not doing refunds. I asked for it to just be cancelled, no credit, so I could get reimbursed via travel insurance. (This is what the insurance company said to do.)
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold
If AA cancels the flights, does AA Vacations owe a refund? AA Exp desk told me if they cancel a flight they will give a refund rather than a credit—will the same hold true here?
Old Apr 3, 2020, 8:27 am

Any recent data points on getting a refund from AA vacations?
Old Apr 3, 2020, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by greendx
Any recent data points on getting a refund from AA vacations?
My AA vacation was canceled 10 days ago. I called them for an update on the refund and they said it should take 14 to 21 days
Old Apr 3, 2020, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by xychromosome
My AA vacation was canceled 10 days ago. I called them for an update on the refund and they said it should take 14 to 21 days
Okay thanks. My trip is not until late summer so I haven't seen any cancellations yet but would like to cancel it as soon as possible. Will hold off calling for a refund, until I know that it has been cancelled.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 9:06 am

Okay thanks. My trip is not until late summer so I haven't seen any cancellations yet but would like to cancel it as soon as possible. Will hold off calling for a refund, until I know that it has been cancelled.
So in my case, my trip was later in April and AA called me (last week) to cancel the trip based on a flight cancellation.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 9:18 am

So in my case, my trip was later in April and AA called me (last week) to cancel the trip based on a flight cancellation.
That's good to know that they are calling proactively. Thanks again for the data point.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 3:03 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Any other DPs of AA Vacations mentioning a refund for flight cancellations instead of a credit?
Old Apr 9, 2020, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Any other DPs of AA Vacations mentioning a refund for flight cancellations instead of a credit?
There is the post 4 posts above yours from 6 days ago.

Also a friend mentioned couple of days ago that he received a refund.
Jimgotkp likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 6:54 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
There is the post 4 posts above yours from 6 days ago.

Also a friend mentioned couple of days ago that he received a refund.
Right, I was just curious if there were any more DPs. Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2020, 9:37 am

Another data point — BA seems to have trimmed their network of flights for May. I was due to fly JFK-LHR-CDG mid next month and noticed my LHR-CDG flight was axed. I called AA Vacations, requested a full refund due to the cancellation of my flight. The friendly agent sent me a cancellation confirmation email, and informed me that refund processing is currently taking approximately 2 to 3 weeks. All-in-all a very seamless process with a quick phone call.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 9:49 am

FYI, update on my post above. I am yet to receive a refund from AA. My trip was canceled on 24Mar2020 and I received a cancelation notification from AA Vacations on that date. I called last week to get an update on the refund and the agent told me 2-3 weeks. Today is 3 weeks, so I will call them again in a few days if I don't get a refund before then.

Has anyone reported receiving a refund from AA vacation for a canceled trip? Curious to learn of how long it typically takes to receive a refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.