Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK - CDG on AA J non-stop for $1366

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK - CDG on AA J non-stop for $1366

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Can everyone finding deals, please share the dates?

Thank you
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:05 pm

question, how are you attaching to Alaska, if you booked with AA, or are all your segments on BA?
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Originally Posted by 30k
Booked LAX-FCO for $1,079 pp. Already called British Airways to attach our Alaska Mileage Plan numbers so with Gold 75K, we should be set to bring in about 50k RDMs each. Pretty solid haul. The only unfortunate thing is BA charges a ridiculous amount for advance seat selection even in Business Class, so I guess we'll play the odds at check-in.

Also, for those thinking of booking speculatively, I did confirm with an AAdvantage Vacations Club representative that the entire reservation can be canceled within 24 hours for free. She also said most people book throwaway hotels on these packages, so she was well aware of the practice.
How where you able to get BA flight numbers only?
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by 30k
Also, for those thinking of booking speculatively, I did confirm with an AAdvantage Vacations Club representative that the entire reservation can be canceled within 24 hours for free. She also said most people book throwaway hotels on these packages, so she was well aware of the practice.
i am dubious on that agent's information

Refund of air ticket portion within 24 hours of purchase

Within 24 hours of booking, you are allowed to cancel your refundable or non-refundable air ticket for a full refund (and no change fees and/or difference in fare) subject to the following rules:
  • For AA Vacations flight reservations, you must call within 24 hours of purchase to cancel the air ticket reservation and request a refund of the air ticket.
  • The reservation must have been booked at least 2 days before scheduled departure.
  • This policy does not apply to hotel or other non-air portions of the package. Standard cancellation policies will apply to all non-air components of the package.
  • Refunds are only issued for tickets booked on aavacations.com or with American Airlines Vacations Reservations.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:11 pm

deal is dead... i am getting server permission error now.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by 30k
Booked LAX-FCO for $1,079 pp. Already called British Airways to attach our Alaska Mileage Plan numbers so with Gold 75K, we should be set to bring in about 50k RDMs each. Pretty solid haul. The only unfortunate thing is BA charges a ridiculous amount for advance seat selection even in Business Class, so I guess we'll play the odds at check-in.

Do you have BA flights on AA codeshare? If so, do you think that will actually credit to Alaska? I thought only BA flight numbers on BA flights would work for Alaska...
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by 30k

What dates did you find that FCO deal from LAX? I'm seeing nothing close to that.

The agent needs to read the T&Cs
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
Not Dead. JFK-MAD 10/07-10/13 with BA connections, $1242 rtn. Bookable.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by soartoday
Do you have BA flights on AA codeshare? If so, do you think that will actually credit to Alaska? I thought only BA flight numbers on BA flights would work for Alaska...
In practice in the past, when AA international flights operated by BA have been submitted to AS for manual review, they've been credited. Given that AA is no longer earning miles on international flights for AS as of 3/1, I suspect it will no longer work as of that date.
soartoday likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
Not dead. JFK - CDG still available most weeks Sept - early Nov, though prices seems to be around 1,400 - 1,500 now.

I just booked JFK - MAD from 10/29-11/4 for $1,120 with only 3 nights in a pretty solid hotel. Even caught the BA 777 from LHR to MAD.
seanp7 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by xychromosome
"We are unable to complete your booking. Please call our customer service for assistance at 1-800-489-4810 and provide the booking number located under your itinerary."

Is this deal dead?
tried a new combination and scored 3 x biz tickets for my family from BOS to CDG for a 10 day trip over Easter 2020. $1100 each, including 3 nights at an airport hotel on the way back. All flights are on BA metal.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by donotblink
For I special fares, isn't it 20%?
Yes, you are correct. I was in error.

Safe Travels
Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:23 pm

IF anyone needs dates, we got in SFO-CDG mid August. As people have mentioned, Tues/ Weds seems like the best dates to fly.

Two couples, different times due to work schedules. One couple all AA metal, the other all BA metal. Four nights in Paris, 5 star hotel (if we decide to stay) ~$1215 per person.

Great find, team! Thanks for the help.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by skaars
IF anyone needs dates, we got in SFO-CDG mid August. As people have mentioned, Tues/ Weds seems like the best dates to fly.

Two couples, different times due to work schedules. One couple all AA metal, the other all BA metal. Four nights in Paris, 5 star hotel (if we decide to stay) ~$1215 per person.

Great find, team! Thanks for the help.
I also picked up SFO-CDG mid august for 8 nights. ~1224 per person.
soartoday likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:48 pm

Thanks OP. Just booked JFK-MAD Over Labor Day for $1458

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.