Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK - CDG on AA J non-stop for $1366

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK - CDG on AA J non-stop for $1366

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47
Booked my family of 4 LAX-CDG yesterday and got a lap infant added over the phone. Since I'd already booked, there were no questions about ticket price, etc. Ticket says On Request (as it should), anyone noticed if the lag time for ticketing is abnormally long? I have a record locator and confirmation, so feeling decent about it.
same. It’s been almost 24 hours—I have a record locator and was able to select seats, but still not ticketed.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Booked my family of 4 LAX-CDG yesterday and got a lap infant added over the phone. Since I'd already booked, there were no questions about ticket price, etc. Ticket says On Request (as it should), anyone noticed if the lag time for ticketing is abnormally long? I have a record locator and confirmation, so feeling decent about it.
I am waiting too. PNR and cfrm from AAV means nothing if not ticketed.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold
same. It’s been almost 24 hours, so way longer than usual—I have a record locator and was able to select seats, but still not ticketed.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by donotblink
IIRC, AAVacations is a wholly owned subsidiary of AMR, but operates separately and would have its own P&L. I wonder how profitable these fares are for AAVacations and what sort of cut they specifically get from the airfare. I assume that the fare basis was available to other agencies and we probably could have been able to get another agency to ticket these without a hotel reservation.
I have used AAvacations for many years to get lower cost business and first class fares and I would say that where there are flash sales and you can see the fares in the GDS then yes they can be sold by any agency. But for the ones where there are hundreds or thousands of dollars difference between what you see on an OTA and what AAvacations shows, generally no, those cannot be issued except by an agency who can issue packages or in some rare cases agencies who have access to bulk/consolidator fares. In the heyday of good AAvacatoins values (when AA and BA used to dump tons of $3000 west coast to London First class roundtrip packages), I could find only one other agency that could issue these fares a la carte (and they confirmed they had a special deal to do so). That agency has been absorbed and can no longer issue these and the truly great deals are much fewer and far between now on AAvacations and require a lot of hunting and pecking, But generally is seems like the throwaway hotel technique continues to be the only way to get these much lower fares as they are not generally published.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by dcfit
same. It’s been almost 24 hours, so way longer than usual—I have a record locator and was able to select seats, but still not ticketed.
FWIW, I have had it take 24hrs + for codeshare/partner flights to ticket many times in the past. 3/4 of my flights for this one are on BA, so I can see that as being the issue. Plus the system definitely took a hit from all the traffic yesterday, the agent I worked with kept saying it was slower than usual. I didn't give her my thoughts on why that might be....
Old Dec 14, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Both of the ones I booked yesterday ticketed almost immediately. BA flights.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
My tickets got issued right away, including ones entirely on BA, AA and mixed.

I wonder if there is IRROPS or a SKCHG and I reroute on AA metal if I could get some of BA’s fuel surcharges back?

Does anyone know the prospects of upgrading the BA segments to first with either miles or cash—how much that would be, and if it would be worth it. I have tickets on the 747 (in 62A) and 777 in the new business class.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by soartoday
Take a look at sonomawine's approach. This is working for me to search now, though as others have mentioned fares are in the 2000's now.

Interestingly enough, I'm seeing discounted business class available booked directly with airlines for my dates. Around $2k round trip from US west coast.
What dates and routes?
Old Dec 14, 2019, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by donotblink
+ fare difference though, right?
Correct.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
I just booked on Orbitz, JFK-CDG in late July for 1350pp, DL on AF metal, confirmed almost instantly.

Never flown J, or any other class for that matter, on AF before so I am pretty stoked.

We are actually headed to Germany and this is cheaper than flying out of CLT in Y.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I was looking for tickets from LAX and could find nothing for my dates (summer) that wasn't $4000+. What were your dates?
Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
36 hours and still not ticketed according to AA web site but the AMEX charged now has changed from pending to posted. Still keeping fingers crossed.

Update: Opened BA site and my 2 BA flights show "confirmed" for status.

Last edited by zebranz; Dec 15, 2019 at 10:16 am Reason: update
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Thanks to GAMECOCK for the idea of Orbitz. I just booked IAH-Prague package on Orbitz. $3081 for two bz plus 3 nights of 4 star hotel in an awesome area. This has to be the best deal I have found. The flights are on DL/AF and there are a 5 hour lay over in JFK AND very limited dates ~ July 29 - ~ August 15. Thanks.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL plat
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
Thanks to GAMECOCK for the idea of Orbitz. I just booked IAH-Prague package on Orbitz. $3081 for two bz plus 3 nights of 4 star hotel in an awesome area. This has to be the best deal I have found. The flights are on DL/AF and there are a 5 hour lay over in JFK AND very limited dates ~ July 29 - ~ August 15. Thanks.
Lol what you booked isn't even the same deal this was... Check a few threads away
Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by 15cats
Lol what you booked isn't even the same deal this was... Check a few threads away
The DL deal was mentioned in this thread before the other one was created.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.