Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Ah, gotcha. Sorry.

But I still disagree with "Also AA pro-rates EQDs based on mileage." We can use 35% of the fare, based on the distance, as an estimate, if all the segments are in the same fare class. But there is no reason to think that that is the way AA does it, and the actual EQD may deviate quite a bit from it.
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
True if the classes vary. All my BA tickets show I class from end to end. But when AA had still its fare, I issued an AA ticket where the domestic segments were in D for two of them and J for two others. I am putting it all on BA because I don't want to take the risk of finding out that I only get a tiny number of EQDs even if I get a lot of EQMs.
One more data point. On AA mixed fare class ticket (Y Economy/W Premium Economy), AA gave mileage pro-rated EQDs still.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
One more data point. On AA mixed fare class ticket (Y Economy/W Premium Economy), AA gave mileage pro-rated EQDs still.
The trip was all AA-marketed, and they used mileage based (ie Special Fares) rather than fare based?

- AAVacations?
- Bulk/Consolidator Fare?
- Re-ticketing?
- Paying with Citi/Chase/Amex points?

If not one of those, such a thing would be practically unheard of!
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
The trip was all AA-marketed, and they used mileage based (ie Special Fares) rather than fare based?

- AAVacations?
- Bulk/Consolidator Fare?
- Re-ticketing?
- Paying with Citi/Chase/Amex points?

If not one of those, such a thing would be practically unheard of!
No, I said. The total ticket was X, there are two flights a and b in length. a is in Y, b is in W.
The first flight got a/(a+b)*X the second got b/(a+b)*X
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:40 am

No, I said. The total ticket was X, there are two flights a and b in length. a is in Y, b is in W.
The first flight got a/(a+b)*X the second got b/(a+b)*X
It sounds like there's some terminology confusion.

"mileage based" usually means that the actual EQD computation was mileage based; either it was a partner flight, or AA specifically told you it was "mileage based" (Special Fares).

Apparently, when you say "mileage based", you really mean AA called it "fare based" but the fares were apportioned according to the respective mileages, in order to compute EQD based on those fares.

This obviously leads to confusion.

ETA: OK, to be fair, AA uses the term "distance based" rather than "mileage based", which weakens my argument. There is still room for confusion.

Last edited by SpammersAreScum; Jun 7, 2017 at 10:16 am Reason: It's "distance" not "mileage"
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:18 pm

It sounds like there's some terminology confusion.

"mileage based" usually means that the actual EQD computation was mileage based; either it was a partner flight, or AA specifically told you it was "mileage based" (Special Fares).

Apparently, when you say "mileage based", you really mean AA called it "fare based" but the fares were apportioned according to the respective mileages, in order to compute EQD based on those fares.

This obviously leads to confusion.

ETA: OK, to be fair, AA uses the term "distance based" rather than "mileage based", which weakens my argument. There is still room for confusion.
I did not say "Mileage based". I said "Mileage pro-rated". Or in an earlier post: "I believe AA pro-rates EQDs based on mileage". That is the fare value is pro-rated between the various flight proportionally to the distance of each flight.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:33 pm

I did not say "Mileage based". I said "Mileage pro-rated". Or in an earlier post: "I believe AA pro-rates EQDs based on mileage". That is the fare value is pro-rated between the various flight proportionally to the distance of each flight.
You are correct. I retract my last 2 posts.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Is this fare still there? I can't find anything cheaper than $ 2.2k with I class booking
Old Jun 10, 2017, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Is this fare still there? I can't find anything cheaper than $ 2.2k with I class booking
Still there. Entered in sample dates 10/11 - 10/31 and is currently $1798 in I class CAI - HNL.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, DL PLAT, HU GOLD
I am a little confused. I am currently a AA Plat member, so I will like to credit the CAI-LHR-LAX-OGG + HNL-LAX-LHR-CAI miles to my AAdvantage account.

When I had booked it on Expedia, the flights are all shown in BA flight numbers. It's also the case on the BA website under 'Manage my Booking'. To my horror, when I chose my seats on the AA website for the flights operated by AA but marketed by BA, the flight numbers switched to AA flight numbers instead of the BA ones and the fare information is visible.

My question is, despite my entire itinerary being booked in BA I class (which will earn me over 5000 EQD), will AA not honour those flights marketed by BA but operated by AA and credit miles for these based on fare instead as if they are AA marketed?

Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by frost88
How much did you pay for this itinerary?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, DL PLAT, HU GOLD
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
How much did you pay for this itinerary?
1370 pounds, which I thought is good value
Old Jun 13, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
No guarantees, but I believe you SHOULD be receiving the BA-marketed flights as if they're BA flights.

To earn AAdvantageŽ miles when you fly on British Airways marketed and operated flights as well as British Airways codeshare flights operated by oneworldŽ carriers and affiliates.

For travel August 1, 2016 or later, travel on any eligible purchased, published fare ticket on an American marketed flight (flights sold under an American flight number) will earn mileage credit based on the ticket price (base fare plus any mandatory carrier-imposed fees).

The T&C don't specify rules for BA-marketed, AA-operated, but when looking at the two items above, it's clear to me at least that you should be earning at the BA rates.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 11:03 am

Does the BA/AA fare to HNL allow a free stopover in LHR on the way back to CAI?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Yes, but better idea to stopover outside the UK to avoid paying APD.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: M&M Senator, BAEC GGL, Delta Platinum
I cant find any date unter 2K Euro

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.