Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:58 am

Is this deal back?

hi guys!

I’ve been trying to quote this deal for the last 3 months without any luck, at least to a fairly good price. The price I get is between 3-4000 GBP.

Last september I traveled on this route for an amazing 1200GBP. So my disappointment has been great now since I haven’t been able to find anything near that price.

Any tips, help will be much welcomed! Thanks!
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by thomas_peterson
hi guys!

I’ve been trying to quote this deal for the last 3 months without any luck, at least to a fairly good price. The price I get is between 3-4000 GBP.

Last september I traveled on this route for an amazing 1200GBP. So my disappointment has been great now since I haven’t been able to find anything near that price.

Any tips, help will be much welcomed! Thanks!
There is still a BA fare there, but the base fare has increased a bit and the carrier surcharge has increased quite a lot. The BA fare no longer allows AA codes segments, so you are limited without stopovers to either routing via YYZ or to a single AA operated but BA coded domestic USA flight after the TATL. There is currently no AA fare filed CAI-Hawaii that I am aware of, it comes and goes for short periods, and allows many more routing options. I class remains very limited on the CAI-LHR v.v flights so many dates will force an R fare, particularly with the A321 in the winter. Also bear in mind that the midnight arrival, 9am departure at CAI which has been fairly constant for a few years will turn into a 1h15m straight turnaround in the middle of the night, during the winter season.

In short, for most dates and routings now you are likely to be looking at €2200.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Can't recall when I first heard prices raised on this great routing. Done it myself three times. Searching ITA Matrix now, for September - February, returns generally £ 2K , the occasional > £ 3K, and one > £ 8K (!!). One date, September 25 has a price of £ 1828 for 5 or 6 nights in HNL, but, if crediting to BA, not the most TP-effective routing as it is CAI-LHR-LAX-HNL-LAX-LHR-CAI, with a red-eye return from HNL. Trying to break it up with a stop on the east coast is £ 4-500 more.

The £ 1200 CAI-fares are gone, we have to look in new directions. I'm presently elaborating with another ALG-JFK with routing possible through LAX, but similar to the CAI-HNL very liberal with stop-overs
Old Jul 26, 2018, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Hi, Can anyone assist with the full fare rules for the IRCME fare CAI-KOA from October last year or point me to where I might get them please.

I booked 4 tickets for my family and have completed LHR CAI.

The remaining itinerary is imminent and is AMS LHR // night stop // LHR PHL // then following stopover DCA DFW KOA.

The return is KOA HNL LAX JFK LHR but only because of an invol reroute by AA when they cancelled the original LAX JFK service and we cold no longer connect from KOA.

One of the party has had an accident in recent days and cannot travel as planned. With medical clearance they can fly later and be routed LHR DFW KOA with a transfer at DFW as the flights don't connect.

BA have re assessed the fare and the additional collection is just a little short of the total price of the initial ticket of around £1400.

I am relaxed about the price as it is an insured event but I cannot begin to describe how challenging, frustrating and ultimately fruitless it has been dealing with BA who have been both incompetent and uncaring in equal measure. I expected for example to pay APD having dropped the AMS LHR sector and also around £30 per fare component for other changes. I class is available on the fights and dates I need, even on AA to DFW, but BA have steadfastly refused to allow travel on AA stating it is outside the rules - but wont then provide them!

So am turning to the forum to see if anyone has access to the fare rules for early October 2017 prior to the price change. I can then see if BA are right or if I am. I can then move forward with either a challenge back to BA or straight claim on insurance.

Thanks
Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by binman
Hi, Can anyone assist with the full fare rules for the IRCME fare CAI-KOA from October last year or point me to where I might get them please.

I booked 4 tickets for my family and have completed LHR CAI.

The remaining itinerary is imminent and is AMS LHR // night stop // LHR PHL // then following stopover DCA DFW KOA.

The return is KOA HNL LAX JFK LHR but only because of an invol reroute by AA when they cancelled the original LAX JFK service and we cold no longer connect from KOA.

One of the party has had an accident in recent days and cannot travel as planned. With medical clearance they can fly later and be routed LHR DFW KOA with a transfer at DFW as the flights don't connect.

BA have re assessed the fare and the additional collection is just a little short of the total price of the initial ticket of around £1400.

I am relaxed about the price as it is an insured event but I cannot begin to describe how challenging, frustrating and ultimately fruitless it has been dealing with BA who have been both incompetent and uncaring in equal measure. I expected for example to pay APD having dropped the AMS LHR sector and also around £30 per fare component for other changes. I class is available on the fights and dates I need, even on AA to DFW, but BA have steadfastly refused to allow travel on AA stating it is outside the rules - but wont then provide them!

So am turning to the forum to see if anyone has access to the fare rules for early October 2017 prior to the price change. I can then see if BA are right or if I am. I can then move forward with either a challenge back to BA or straight claim on insurance.

Thanks
Hi,
fare rules depend on when (date) you purchased the ticket. BA changed them about 6 months ago and now on IRCME only allows travel on BA (and BA*AA codeshares) and doesnt allow AA prime numbers. Same for RRCME fare(£300 extra), however the D class fare allows AA codes (the fare difference you are quoted). All you need to do is find an itinerary on BA codes that has I class and all you'll end up paying is £28 change fee and difference in taxes.
cgtechuk likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Hi,
fare rules depend on when (date) you purchased the ticket. BA changed them about 6 months ago and now on IRCME only allows travel on BA (and BA*AA codeshares) and doesnt allow AA prime numbers. Same for RRCME fare(£300 extra), however the D class fare allows AA codes (the fare difference you are quoted). All you need to do is find an itinerary on BA codes that has I class and all you'll end up paying is £28 change fee and difference in taxes.
Thank you, the fare was purchased and ticketed in October 2017 for travel which began in May. I think BA are using current rules not the rules in place at time of ticketing and that's where the issue lies.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 5:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Thank you, the fare was purchased and ticketed in October 2017 for travel which began in May. I think BA are using current rules not the rules in place at time of ticketing and that's where the issue lies.
Rules used depend on whether you travelled on first segment of the journey, hence if you have flown CAI-LHR then the rules of Oct 2017 apply. Now the funny thing is that the rules for what carriers are allowed changed during the October so I need the precise date of ticketing to gie you the correct rules.

I attach the rules from late October for IRCME CAI-KOA below in relevant snippets:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Right some BA agents tend to. They know that partually used tickets shall be repriced using historic fares but.... for various reasons including system 1 yeat limit from date of purchase (Amadeus) they may decide to apply curent fares. You have to know what you are doing unfortunately and have persistence and patience to ensure a BA agent understands what you are talking about...
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Can some kind soul look up when AA's INN0EMN7 was pulled? I'm struggling to get AA to honour changes to the itinerary partially flown because the fare is no longer available

Last edited by wmaciej; Aug 6, 2018 at 12:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.